Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Do you know anything about house music history?
I Know A Lot About It 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I Don't Know Anything About It 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
I Know A Little Bit About It 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
I Know A Decent Amount About It 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 10:20 am

Do you know anything about the history of house music? (I know a lot about it tbh with you guys).

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 13, 2017)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 7:31 pm

I know that Jack had a groove, and from this groove came the groove of all grooves!

Not a lot else though, other than that with a lot of my friend's spinning it back in the day I got familiarized with some of the artists and labels as well as all the Bad Boy Bill 'Bang the Box'es and the House Connection Series. Not to forget Dj Funk either.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 7:52 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I know that Jack had a groove, and from this groove came the groove of all grooves!

Not a lot else though, other than that with a lot of my friend's spinning it back in the day I got familiarized with some of the artists and labels as well as all the Bad Boy Bill 'Bang the Box'es and the House Connection Series. Not to forget Dj Funk either.

I know what you are refering to. ;)

And if any of you are interested in learning more about the history of house, then here is a documentary that goes into full detail about it: ;)

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 10:08 am

House music is basically a more simplified version of disco. If you compare house music to disco, you will probably see some similarities.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 7:00 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin