Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

97AlanD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2017, 8:53 pm

Right now, I kind of have a strange crush on my doctor and I don't know why. I'm 20 years old and way back in elementary school, I've had crushes on my teachers, from kindergarten to third grade. But ten years later, I kind of have a crush on my doctor and I don't know why. And she's in her late 30s. I know she's just a doctor and she's too old for me and she's no different that a lady who cut my hair or a waitress at a restaurant and I don't have a chance with her. Anybody else here have any problems like this? And what do you think is causing this crush?

Last edited by 97AlanD on 13 Sep 2017, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:02 pm

I had a massive crush on a young lady archeology teacher in college. She kinda looked like the stereotype lady scientist-somewhere between plain and homely, and anything but a knock out. But she was not much older than me and a had such a cute personable personality and for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about her. Part of the reason was precisely because a faculty member is forbidden fruit for an undergrad student. And forbidden fruit is more enticing than allowed fruit. That might be whats going on with you with your feelings about your doctor.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:03 pm

Well, I currently have a crush on Trey Parker's character from Despicable Me 3, and it's not the first by far!

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

97AlanD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2017, 9:04 pm

Interesting. Can you explain what the fruit thing means?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:18 pm

97AlanD wrote:
Interesting. Can you explain what the fruit thing means?

The common expression "forbidden fruit tastes sweeter" comes from Genesis in the Bible. Adam and Eve disobeyed God, and partook of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, and got booted out of the Garden of Eden for it.

Its a common observation that forbidding stuff makes it enticing. If your a kid and your parent ordered you not to think about polar bears you probably find it hard to NOT think about polar bears (even though normally you would rarely ever think about polar bears).

Sexually attractive members of the opposite sex may become more attractive if they are in some kind of business relationship with you where that kind of relationship is forbidden. Like student-teacher, or like lawyer-client, or like doctor-patient, or shrink-patient, or like that.

Could have something to do with crushing on a lady doctor.

But it could be something else. If you have gotten "crushes" on lady teachers even before adolescence then it could be some other emotional issue going on.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 3:36 pm

AFAIK it's not strange but fairly common. People such as teachers and doctors are often perceived as authority figures, and I guess some kind of parent substitute thing goes on, but I'm no expert. I've never really felt like that myself.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 12:28 am

My attractions were normal. I remember my first girlfriend was extremely introverted and sheltered, but fairly normal aside. Since we broke up, she refuses to speak to me.
My other two attractions weren't unusual either; I tried asking a high functioning guy from my special ed class out, and he was confused initially and told me he was straight. We're still very close friends despite. My second was a girl I was very unfamiliar with, and made the mistake of asking out way too early. She still refused even after, but we still take to each other every now and then.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Sep 2017, 6:21 pm

At least your crushes are real. Ive had crushes on fictional characters like Prince Nuada from hellboy. I tried very hard to resist Vision.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 9:12 pm

I have a crush on Denis Istomin. No surprise, right?

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 10:29 pm

Ryan Gosling is a wicked attractive guy.