Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 12:41 am

https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2017/09/14/autism-speaks-revenue-slide/24165/

Quote:
Autism Speaks took in $47.5 million in 2016, roughly $10.5 million — or 18 percent — less than the previous year.

At the same time, the group scaled back its spending on grants by some $1.8 million, shaved a similar amount from its payroll and chopped $10 million in other expenses.

The figures come from Autism Speaks’ tax filing for 2016, which was publicly disclosed this month in accordance with federal tax rules.

Aurelia Grayson, a spokeswoman for the nonprofit, attributed the slump to changes in funding for the group’s MSSNG research program — an effort to sequence the DNA of over 10,000 families affected by autism — and declines in fundraising from Autism Speaks Walks.

Autism Speaks said it has made changes designed to encourage renewed growth going forward, with the introduction of a new 10-year vision, a revamped mission statement and a three-year strategic plan

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2017, 10:06 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:
Autism Speaks took in $47.5 million in 2016, roughly $10.5 million — or 18 percent — less than the previous year.

At the same time, the group scaled back its spending on grants by some $1.8 million, shaved a similar amount from its payroll and chopped $10 million in other expenses.

The figures come from Autism Speaks’ tax filing for 2016, which was publicly disclosed this month in accordance with federal tax rules.

Aurelia Grayson, a spokeswoman for the nonprofit, attributed the slump to changes in funding for the group’s MSSNG research program — an effort to sequence the DNA of over 10,000 families affected by autism — and declines in fundraising from Autism Speaks Walks.

Autism Speaks said it has made changes designed to encourage renewed growth going forward, with the introduction of a new 10-year vision, a revamped mission statement and a three-year strategic plan

Excellent news, let's hope they go under :D
I know there are jobs on the line for some folks, I expect the same was true at the end of the Third Riech too.

BBC: Radio 4

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:12 pm

Voxish wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:

Excellent news, let's hope they go under :D
I know there are jobs on the line for some folks, I expect the same was true at the end of the Third Riech too.

I also hope they go under, so they don't have the means to start a Fourth Reich.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:19 pm

I wonder if that means the boycott is working...

...or if turning over a new leaf with the demise of the Wrights has, in fact, reduced donations because, as sad as Autism$peak's shock-and-fear strategy is, human nature is just as sad in proving that IT WORKS.

Either way, it's hard for me to shed a bitter tear. My life was much easier before they spent tens of millions of dollars very publicly demonizing us for fun and profit.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 9:00 pm

We should give them an untimatum... change your name, your mission and your logo, what you say and do about us and your spending habits, and we will start to support you.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 2:20 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
I wonder if that means the boycott is working...

...or if turning over a new leaf with the demise of the Wrights has, in fact, reduced donations because, as sad as Autism$peak's shock-and-fear strategy is, human nature is just as sad in proving that IT WORKS.

Either way, it's hard for me to shed a bitter tear. My life was much easier before they spent tens of millions of dollars very publicly demonizing us for fun and profit.

I also wonder if Bob Wright resigned as CEO because of the declining revenue or the declining revenue was caused by his resignation and easing of Autistics are doppelgangers rhetoric.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman