Chronic tinnitus linked to changes in certain brain networks

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 1:23 pm

Hmm, and if autism is a change tending toward hypersensitivity in certain brain networks ...

Quote:
"A new study by University of Illinois researchers found that chronic tinnitus is associated with changes in certain networks in the brain, and furthermore, those changes cause the brain to stay more at attention and less at rest."

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20170826/Chronic-tinnitus-linked-to-changes-in-certain-brain-networks.aspx

But really, if autism, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis, also have changes tending toward hypersensitivity in certain brain networks ...
... and I've had tinnitus at least since the early 1970s ...
... for how long have I had ALL of this????????????

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 1:50 pm

I have tinnitus also, but most of the time I don't notice it. I am only reminded when I am in a silent room... For example, going to sleep or in the bathroom. I usually put some music on and then I am fine.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 2:09 pm

Hmm, interesting. I've had mild tinnitus for as long as I can remember, and also very sensitive hearing. My brain is also definitely more on alert than most people's.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"