Let's talk Aspie Synders mixed with depression and anxiety.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Destabilised
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2017, 4:36 pm

In my honest opinion, the two pretty much go hand in hand. I suffer from depression myself, quite nastily at times. Found myself sectioned because of it, went through the whole self harm phase, went through the whole offing myself phase, but now I'm on medication and a bit more stable. So, any other fellow aspies here suffer from it? Share your experiences with me, tell me your coping mechanisms.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 5:48 pm

I also have all of the above. The depression has been the worst for me recently. I self-harm, consider suicide (sometimes coming very close to actually doing it), and have been sort of considering whether I think hospitalization is more likely to make things better or worse for me. Of course it could help, but it could also end up being a horrible environment for me, which would just make things worse. Coping mechanisms... I don't really have a lot. Try to distract myself, I guess, and settle for non-fatal injuries when I can't. Haven't been able to come up with anything that works to keep me from self-harming, except that I will occasionally startle myself with the amount of blood, depth of the wound, how long I spent doing it, or something, and then I'll back off a bit and show some more restraint when I start again, but I keep going through that cycle.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:30 am

I have depression, autism, adhd, OCD, and social anxiety.

Destabilised
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2017, 5:38 pm

I have a bit of a running joke with my family and extended family. Most of us suffer from at least one mental health condition, so whenever we have a family event, the Facebook name is 'Worst Gene Pool Reunion'. It helps us get through hahahaa.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 5:47 pm

Destabilised wrote:
I have a bit of a running joke with my family and extended family. Most of us suffer from at least one mental health condition, so whenever we have a family event, the Facebook name is 'Worst Gene Pool Reunion'. It helps us get through hahahaa.

I can tell your family is awesome!

Destabilised
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2017, 5:52 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Destabilised wrote:

Got to make the best of what we got, eh? hahaha

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 8:23 pm

Destabilised wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Destabilised wrote:

Got to make the best of what we got, eh? hahaha

I get along terribly with my dad and sister.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 4:20 pm

Autistic anxious depressive here.
For most of my life I used self harm, drugs and alcohol to cope.
It seems much lessened since I had a particularly intense suicidal depression a couple of years back and experienced a weird kind of spiritual awakening. :?