CBeebies to air first TV programme all-autistic core cast

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 1:06 am

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2017/09/cbeebies-to-air-first-tv-programme-with-an-all-autistic-core-cast/

Quote:
Pablo, a new joint production between CBeebies and RTÉJr will be the first TV show to use an all-autistic main cast.

Made by Paper Owl Films, it features 5-year-old Pablo, who draws imaginary animal friends, that come to life and help him handle situations, which make him feel anxious.

Every episode is based around real-life experiences of autistic children, with autistic young writers and contributors helping to bring ideas and perspectives to life in an honest and humorous way.

There are also 12 short films, created for the CBeebies website, which show the points of view of people with autism and explaining how they see the world.

Autistic children, carers, families and medical experts, were consulted during the conception of the games to ensure children could better understand the lives of people with autism.

The series will air in October.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 9:22 pm

Watch Belfast TV show written by and for kids with autism Pablo was made in Belfast and will air on CBeebies and RTE Junior for the first time on Monday

Quote:
ablo tells the story of a five-year-old boy with autism who draws an imaginary world with his magic crayons to help him make sense of the world.

And it premiered at Titanic today.

Creative director Gráinne McGuinness from Holywood-based Paper Owl Films said she came up with the idea after watching her autistic nephew playing with his cousins.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Oct 2017, 6:59 pm

Excellent

BBC: Radio 4

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2017, 10:19 am

That's wonderful! I hope it does well!