Trump is Trying to Shut Down the Internet

Page 4 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Do you know that because you've watched CNN, or because you've been told that?
I regularly watch CNN, and I can attest to the fact that they're for the most part middle-of-the-road, or slightly left of center.
How are they the Communist News Network? Because they refuse to accept that Trump was right about there being moral equivalency between the Alt Right Nazis and the counter protesters at Charlottesville? Or that they know that Trump's insistence that there were "good people" at the Unite the Right march was unmitigated horsesh*t?

I watch CNN from time to time, mostly when I visit my grandma (who speaks very little English) or any random coffee shop/store across the country. My grandmother prefers CNN, because she buys into the whole anti-Trump is a racist crap... The Communist News Networks reference has been around long before President Trump decided to run for office... It's more common among former military, a good portion of my client base.

I dislike CNN, because they can't get their facts straight (sometimes, they don't have any) or give it to me without their opinion shoved down my throat.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:35 am

SH90 wrote:
.. The Communist News Networks reference has been around long before President Trump decided to run for office... It's more common among former military, a good portion of my client base.
I'm related to current and past military personnel; that and Clinton/Clinton's News Network have been used for decades.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:37 am

SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Do you know that because you've watched CNN, or because you've been told that?
I regularly watch CNN, and I can attest to the fact that they're for the most part middle-of-the-road, or slightly left of center.
How are they the Communist News Network? Because they refuse to accept that Trump was right about there being moral equivalency between the Alt Right Nazis and the counter protesters at Charlottesville? Or that they know that Trump's insistence that there were "good people" at the Unite the Right march was unmitigated horsesh*t?

I watch CNN from time to time, mostly when I visit my grandma (who speaks very little English) or any random coffee shop/store across the country. My grandmother prefers CNN, because she buys into the whole anti-Trump is a racist crap... The Communist News Networks reference has been around long before President Trump decided to run for office... It's more common among former military, a good portion of my client base.

I dislike CNN, because they can't get their facts straight (sometimes, they don't have any) or give it to me without their opinion shoved down my throat.

Trumps demonization of Latinos isn't racist? His claim that most white murder victims are killed by blacks (which is an out-and-out lie) isn't racist? His use of Alt Right memes isn't racist? His birtherism (which he admitted was total crap) wasn't racist? His refusal to condemn white nationalists - till the media and congress twist his arm into doing it - isn't racist? I could go on and on with examples.
And just what news source is supposedly better and more trustworthy than CNN?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:41 am

There was an internet before the commercial internet, and it still exists.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trumps demonization of Latinos isn't racist? His claim that most white murder victims are killed by blacks (which is an out-and-out lie) isn't racist? His use of Alt Right memes isn't racist? His birtherism (which he admitted was total crap) wasn't racist? His refusal to condemn white nationalists - till the media and congress twist his arm into doing it - isn't racist? I could go on and on with examples.

First thing that comes to mind after reading this...But screw it, it's such a funny scene and it's fitting.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Wrong Planet

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Brietbart news ROFL :D

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 2:24 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Reuters, AP and NPR to name a few.

There are more and far better choices out there than CNN vs Fox you know.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 2:27 am

I always felt this chart is fairly accurate on where news stations stand...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 3:42 am

Bloomberg is good. I'm not sure about The Hill, as it seems to have gotten more on the it's all about trashing Trump bandwagon.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I would consider CNN to be far more reliable than Fox, Infowars, or Breitbart.

That's just confirmation bias. The only difference between CNN and Fox\etc is that they're on the left and tell you what you want to hear, whereas the others are on the right and tell their subscribers what they want to hear. The fact that you don't understand this basic concept is rather worrying, but as I already said it tells us everything we need to know about you.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:30 am

Chichikov wrote:
That's just confirmation bias. The only difference between CNN and Fox\etc is that they're on the left and tell you what you want to hear, whereas the others are on the right and tell their subscribers what they want to hear. The fact that you don't understand this basic concept is rather worrying, but as I already said it tells us everything we need to know about you.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:03 am

SH90 wrote:
Playing with Google reverse image search has found multiple variations of that chart, for instance
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzizqM1WEAAcj9T.jpg
and
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/93/71/5f/93715fef5d4ffbbf456cfef19802ccb0.jpg

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:09 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
SH90 wrote:
Playing with Google reverse image search has found multiple variations of that chart, for instance
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzizqM1WEAAcj9T.jpg
and
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/93/71/5f/93715fef5d4ffbbf456cfef19802ccb0.jpg

Yes, but the one I posted is the most common I seen (either way it's based on someone's opinion and people can take it as they will)... But the first variant you posted, has CNN listed as local :roll:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:40 am

Chichikov wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I would consider CNN to be far more reliable than Fox, Infowars, or Breitbart.

Nope. All of those networks tell their corporate sponsors what they want to hear.

"Political bias" is an overrated concept. It's overrated because most people who talk about political bias focus on the psychological roots of it ... or they don't even try to explain its existence.

Most news organisations just have a pro-corporate bias. They work this way because organisations (not just news outlets) are naturally loyal to their source of income.

There are conservative billionaires and there are billionaires who try to look "liberal". That's why we have media bias.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

the ones I use

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/