Page 3 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:31 am

Nay wrote:
Matthew chapter7 verse15-19. This is the verse you are referring to DL. It means you will know a true christian from a false by their fruit. Fruit meaning if a Christian is lying and stealing well then they are not really Christian are they. Because if they are continuing to purposely lie and steal knowing it's wrong then they are going with sin and not with God.

Much Love, Nay :heart: .

Was your God being a true Christian when he tortured and murdered King David's baby?

Where the Inquisitions your church did what good Christians would do?

Would good Christians adore a genocidal son murdering God like Yahweh is?

If you are a good Christian, why can you not justify your evil beliefs?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:48 am

envirozentinel wrote:
This thread has wandered far from the original topic started by the OP (Nay) and has been hijacked by stuff which quite frankly belongs on a different thread.

GB aka DL, some of your comments are too close to personal attacks on other members for comfort. Please express your opinions without becoming mean, and "clean up your act". Why can't we discuss things rationally and non-judgmentally? I don't want to have to lock the thread, but will if it carries on getting derailed like this.

I am just as aware that not all stories in the Bible are the sort of stuff you can teach in Sunday School and that some of the stories raise many a question. There's lots of violence and irrationality if its to be taken at face value.

But there are many good stories and verses. What about the Good Samaritan? That shows how we should treat others, regardless of their background.

If those like Nay would deal with posts and questions instead of hypocritically deflecting due to not being able to justify loving a really evil God, there would be a lot less derailing posts from me.

Of course there are a few good ideas in scriptures, but to cherry pick those few good tenets and ignore all the injustice that Christianity and Islam have generated, and ignore all the gays and women who have been discriminated and denigrated throughout history and even today, would be an injustice in and of itself.

To get irritated by those who point those injustices out while allowing people to advocate a really immoral religion would be an injustice in and of itself.

You have a tough job my friend but you might give me points for being kind in my language to people who are spreading evil and who do not deserve respect.

Ask the gays and women in your own family if they think adoring a genocidal son murdering God and supporting a homophobic and misogynous religion is a good idea.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:54 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Quote:
My favorite parts of the Bible include the Noah story and the prodigal son.

Far apart from the animals, two-by-two, story, I see it about learning how to accept others' choices kindly, especially if they fail to recognize their mistakes.

How is God showing that he is accepting other's choices kindly by killing/murdering all but 8 humans and a few animals?

Would it not be kinder to cure those he thought afflicted than to kill them?

Show how genocide is kind action.

Regards
DL

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Sep 2017, 4:22 am

Dear DL

I happen to be gay myself plus on the spectrum, so I don't need to ask anyone what you're referring to. I am aware how tough it can be and especially in the past. My own family are all fundamentalists but at least handle things in a loving way. But it's difficult because I'm in a (currently long distance) relationship and I would so like my family to accept my choice unconditionally and realise that he's the only soulmate for me.

The story of Alan Turing, one of the most brilliant minds of the mid-20th century is a case where how he was treated was inexcusable.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 5:58 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Quote:

Far apart from the animals, two-by-two, story, I see it about learning how to accept others' choices kindly, especially if they fail to recognize their mistakes.

How is God showing that he is accepting other's choices kindly by killing/murdering all but 8 humans and a few animals?

Regards
DL

Does gnosticism allow for parables?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 7:15 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Dear DL

I happen to be gay myself plus on the spectrum, so I don't need to ask anyone what you're referring to. I am aware how tough it can be and especially in the past. My own family are all fundamentalists but at least handle things in a loving way. But it's difficult because I'm in a (currently long distance) relationship and I would so like my family to accept my choice unconditionally and realise that he's the only soulmate for me.

The story of Alan Turing, one of the most brilliant minds of the mid-20th century is a case where how he was treated was inexcusable.

I agree. From what little I know of him, he won WWII for us.

We thanked him by not legalizing being gay quickly enough to reward him.

Good old religions and the religious would not allow it.

Jesus said that we are to hate our families to follow him. Your family might be what he was talking about. Not that I am promoting that you hate your family even though they are not good Christians who will not do unto you as they would want done to themselves.

Love for family we cannot help. Respect they have to earn.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 7:27 am

AspieUtah wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Quote:

Regards
DL

Does gnosticism allow for parables?

Tell me how that reply answers my question and I will not deflect from it the way you seem to be doing to mine in my next reply.

Reciprocity is fair play. Play fair by showing the caveat you likely planned to use.

Regards
DL

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2017, 6:25 pm

Hi DL, there is consequences for sin. If i was to rob a car then there would be bad consequences. God disciplines those He loves.

Much Love, Nay :heart: .

Ps: You don't need to try and trip me up with trick questions. You are in a cult and are deceived and deceiving others. You will have to answer to God. The only reason i'm answering your questions is for the benefit of others to hear about God the real God. This is not a competition. You and your false teachings are no match for God and His Word. I'm still going to pray for you. Much Love and Kind Regards, Nay :heart: .

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2017, 6:27 pm

Anyways i believe that that child is with God in heaven.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2017, 6:28 pm

Anymore favourite bible stories anyone?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 6:55 pm

Nay wrote:
Anymore favourite bible stories anyone?

When an angry mob is going to stone to death an adulteress, and Jesus proclaims: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." And with that, the crowd dispurses. Jesus asks the woman: "Where are your accusers?" He then assures her he does not condemn her either, and tells her to go on her way, and sin no more.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:55 pm

Psalm 23 keeps me alive.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2017, 9:58 am

Ye i like that one but it also says that Jesus was writing in the sand when that happened. Any good guesses to what He was writing?

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2017, 10:00 am

Psalm 23 is probably the most famous of Psalms. I need to memorise it. But i like Psalm 25, 37 & 91 aswell.

Kind Regards, Nay.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 4:59 pm

Nay wrote:
Ye i like that one but it also says that Jesus was writing in the sand when that happened. Any good guesses to what He was writing?

Off the top of my head - - what he told the lynch mob, I suppose.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2017, 11:02 am

I'm not sure but i guess ill know when i die so thats exciting.