Page 6 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:19 pm

Nay wrote:
Hi DL, there is consequences for sin. If i was to rob a car then there would be bad consequences. God disciplines those He loves.

Much Love, Nay :heart: .

Ps: You don't need to try and trip me up with trick questions. You are in a cult and are deceived and deceiving others. You will have to answer to God. The only reason i'm answering your questions is for the benefit of others to hear about God the real God. This is not a competition. You and your false teachings are no match for God and His Word. I'm still going to pray for you. Much Love and Kind Regards, Nay :heart: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQOLgYUfYXc

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:27 pm

Nay wrote:
Ye i like that one but it also says that Jesus was writing in the sand when that happened. Any good guesses to what He was writing?

Likely something like, sex takes two. Why do they only bring one for punishment and why are these people such misogynists? They are as misogynistic as Christians.

Oh wait. There were no Christians at that time.

Regards
DL

P.S. Only hypocritical Christians will see straight moral questions as trick questions. Morality confuses Christians.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:28 pm

Nay wrote:
Anyways i believe that that child is with God in heaven.

So that is how you justify your God torturing innocent babies. Ok.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:38 pm

Nay wrote:
You have to remember that God is love so, everything God is doing is for love, past, present and future. Yes God knew what Adam & Eve were going to do, i believe.

If God is love, then he must also be hate.

To just call God an emotion is to show God disrespect.

You show disrespect for English as well.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:41 pm

Nay wrote:
You could call it the perfect love story, its like a play in a theatre.

True. If it was not for all the blood and God murdered dead babies laying about.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:47 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Nay wrote:
You have to remember that God is love so, everything God is doing is for love, past, present and future. Yes God knew what Adam & Eve were going to do, i believe.

It’s assumed that God’s foreknowledge is an indication of God’s intention and thus contraindicates free will. Obviously no, we aren’t nor were we ever “free” in any total sense, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have some freedom to choose. God did not create Adam and Eve with the capacity to sin. But God DID grant them the capacity to choose how long they wished to exist in their sinless state. Their sin wasn’t eating some apple. It was the absurd but sincere belief that they could improve on perfection. Only through knowledge of good and evil can they choose to sin and then be held responsible for it. Doesn’t even matter if your sin is accidental or you were unaware it was a sin—you still must be held to account for it. Adam’s sin became complete when rather than confessing and accepting blame, he passed the responsibility to Eve. Eve was God’s creation from a part of Adam, thus Adam is ultimately blaming God for his choices. Eve refused the blame by deferring it to the serpent. Well, the serpent is also God’s creature, hence once again God is being blamed for what God did not do.

The problem of free will vs. God’s omniscience is not really a problem. The anti-theist must ASSUME that it is. It is logically possible that God can create man with free will and STILL know what man will FREELY CHOOSE to do, all the while allowing man to make those choices. So man is somewhat free in once sense, that he can freely choose, and not totally free in another sense in that God already knows what he will choose and not step in. If God intervenes, man is not free. If God stays out of it, man is reading from a script. So whether you freely choose to believe in free will or not, your belief in one over the other is a product of preference bias, circular reasoning, and thus absurd. It appears to make more sense that if God creates a being whose purpose is to authentically love and worship God, that being would not be an automaton. The anti-theist must provide a non-question-begging argument to the contrary if we are to take such an argument seriously, if it can be made at all.

Another flaw in the anti-theist argument is the non-sequitur that God is evil for creating man to sin. The false assumption at play here is that God must have created man for the purpose of sinning since God is omniscient and already knows man will sin. THEREFORE, lol, God is playing mean tricks on us and is evil. I’ve already addressed the issue of free will. But since we already know man is held accountable for the sins he commits, God must also hold Himself to account for His creation. Man, being a fallen creature, cannot redeem himself. Therefore, only God Himself who doesn’t sin and remains perfect can redeem us. The ancients looked ahead to that time and placed their faith in God’s promise; we look back to the promise already fulfilled. Humanity’s continuing history of blaming God for everything culminated in God’s physical death and resurrection. So to all the God-blamers our there, I say this: It’s already taken care of. Whether God is good or evil, it’s really irrelevant, isn’t it? But, again, it seems to make more sense to worship a good God over an evil god. The “evil god” doesn’t really follow from that particular argument.

Ok, done now. That one was on the house. ;-)

None of this Eden story would have been a fall if God had not put Satan and or the talking serpent right there beside Eve.

Care to speculate on why he did that knowing that Eve would be deceived?

Further, the Jews see Eden as a place where man was elevated, not where he fell.

Why do you give the Christian version more belief than the original Jewish version?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 2:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Kraichauer is a Lutheran, too.

I'm not a religious person--but I respect religion as something which keeps many people afloat, and away from despair.

True, but I show them disrespect because they bring themselves up by putting gays and women down.

Do you think that the Christian despair that is alleviated, is more or less than the despair that Christians give to gays and women when they discriminate against them without a just cause?

Regards
DL

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 4:36 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I'm not a religious person--but I respect religion as something which keeps many people afloat, and away from despair.

True, but I show them disrespect because they bring themselves up by putting gays and women down.

Do you think that the Christian despair that is alleviated, is more or less than the despair that Christians give to gays and women when they discriminate against them without a just cause?

Regards
DL

When have I EVER shown disrespect to gays and women?

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 9:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Regards
DL

Gays and women are religions longest oppressed groups.

Every Christian or Muslim who puts a dime in a collection plate is contributing to the harm that religions do to those groups.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Regards
DL

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 10:02 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Regards
DL

Gays and women are religions longest oppressed groups.

Every Christian or Muslim who puts a dime in a collection plate is contributing to the harm that religions do to those groups.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Regards
DL

Besides being rude, you're an idiot. I don't care if the moderators take punitive action against me for making a personal attack against you, as you've done just that to me, time and again.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Oct 2017, 1:33 pm

Those wishing to hold a civilised conversation about Christianity, as is your right - please try one of the other sub-forums.

Thread locked because it had degenerated into personal insults and group insults alike.