Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:17 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The resurrection accounts, because they give me the most hope.

Hope, based on the supernatural, is not intelligent. But ok.

Have you looked at the moral aspects of what you would need to accept though to take advantage of that resurrection and salvific policy based on the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty?

Please listen to what Bishop Spong has to say on this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg

Regards
DL

Spong is welcome to keep to his theology; just respect my right to keep to mine.

Your theology is quite immoral and it is my duty to it's victims to let you know that as it is causing a lot of people a lot of damage.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Your own bible's good advice is what I follow so I do not want to follow yours.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

You are holding fast to what is evil. If you wish to stop doing so, I can help if you let me.

Gnostic Jesus has a better way.

Regards
DL

Well, you can keep your Gnostic Jesus, and I'll keep my Protestant/Catholic/Orthodox Jesus. Quit calling me immoral.

I will when you stop following a genocidal son murdering immoral God and his religion that continues to victimize women and gays.

Regards
DL

Is this how you want to present Gnosticism as? Pushy and judgmental? This sounds no different than the Christians and Muslims you are accusing of doing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm

As this thread is about favorite Bible stories, I suggest any petty theological squabbling be put aside so we can get back to the main point here.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2017, 5:40 pm

I don't know spong. Not all Christians are real Christians. And i dont hate gays or women. I hate what God hates which is sin which is what I'm suppose to hate but that dosen't mean i love others except gays and women. No. I try to love all including my enemies. And I'm not saying gays or women are my enemies so dont pick me up wrong.

So back to favourite bible stories..... David had many baby's, are you referring to his baby with bathsheba, the one that died?

Much Love, Nay :heart: .

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 6:08 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Your theology is quite immoral and it is my duty to it's victims to let you know that as it is causing a lot of people a lot of damage.
Wow man, an evangelical fundy Gnostic is about the last thing I ever expected to see on the religious spectrum. "Believe my beliefs or you are an evil person!" Guess there's a first time for everything.

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

17 Sep 2017, 6:27 pm

From a purely literary standpoint, I think that the Book of Esther is the most beautiful story in the Bible, but from a theological perspective of course the Resurrection (though as Tolkien points out that has literary beauty as well).

(As both a Christian and a literature major, I'm always a little sad that some Christians can't appreciate the Bible as a beautiful work of literature as well as a sacred text.)

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Have you looked at the moral aspects of what you would need to accept though to take advantage of that resurrection and salvific policy based on the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty?

Regards
DL

Spong is welcome to keep to his theology; just respect my right to keep to mine.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

You are holding fast to what is evil. If you wish to stop doing so, I can help if you let me.

Regards
DL

Well, you can keep your Gnostic Jesus, and I'll keep my Protestant/Catholic/Orthodox Jesus. Quit calling me immoral.

I will when you stop following a genocidal son murdering immoral God and his religion that continues to victimize women and gays.

Regards
DL

As I don't persecute women and gays, I refuse to accept responsibility for the actions of other Christians. And as Gnosticism had had its origins in Pre-Christian Greek culture, it can be argued that the Greek attitude of seeing women as creatures of less worth probably had been passed on to the Gnostics.

You show how little you know of Gnostic Christianity as it led the way to equality of women and gays.

Have a look at what you religion thought of that idea and how much killing Christians did to maintain their homophobia and misogyny.

I know that many like you says that they do not accept responsibility for the actions of other Christians, but meanwhile you support the institution that creates the harm.

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptNcSYo7k4

Last edited by envirozentinel on 18 Sep 2017, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.: personal insults

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:19 am

Marknis wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Is this how you want to present Gnosticism as? Pushy and judgmental? This sounds no different than the Christians and Muslims you are accusing of doing.

Yes. I wish to represent Gnostic Christianity as a religion that will not tolerate other religions who are homophobic and misogynous and will not give all souls equality before the law.

If you do not fight such religions and ideology then you are contributing to those problems.

Get on the good side or stay on the evil one. Speak out for a moral God or support those who support a genocidal son murdering prick of a God who does not believe in equality.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:24 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
As this thread is about favorite Bible stories, I suggest any petty theological squabbling be put aside so we can get back to the main point here.

Ok. Care to chat about King David's baby that your God tortured for 6 days before killing it because of his anger for the King?

https://vimeo.com/7038401

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:28 am

Nay wrote:
I don't know spong. Not all Christians are real Christians. And i dont hate gays or women. I hate what God hates which is sin which is what I'm suppose to hate but that dosen't mean i love others except gays and women. No. I try to love all including my enemies. And I'm not saying gays or women are my enemies so dont pick me up wrong.

So back to favourite bible stories..... David had many baby's, are you referring to his baby with bathsheba, the one that died?

Yes, that is the baby I am referring to. I put a link just above that speak to that.

You say the baby died.

Since God tortured it for 6 days before finally killing it, would the right word for that killing be murder?

Most Christians say that God acted justly in this story. Do you see justice in that punishment of an innocent baby instead of his guilty father?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:31 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Wow man, an evangelical fundy Gnostic is about the last thing I ever expected to see on the religious spectrum. "Believe my beliefs or you are an evil person!" Guess there's a first time for everything.

If you do not believe my belief in this case, it means you are homophobic and misogynous or just do not care that some are and are producing a lot of victims to a poor ideology.

Are you on the victims side?

Regards
DL

Last edited by envirozentinel on 18 Sep 2017, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.: personal insult

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:35 am

Zaarin wrote:
From a purely literary standpoint, I think that the Book of Esther is the most beautiful story in the Bible, but from a theological perspective of course the Resurrection (though as Tolkien points out that has literary beauty as well).

(As both a Christian and a literature major, I'm always a little sad that some Christians can't appreciate the Bible as a beautiful work of literature as well as a sacred text.)

Why would you call a plagiarized myth and consolidation of many older traditions a sacred text?

Especially given that it promotes the adoration and idol worship of a vile genocidal son murdering God.

Regards
DL

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:33 am

I say we all ignore GnosticBishop and pretend he doesn't exist, so then maybe he'll go away!

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2017, 11:48 am

Matthew chapter7 verse15-19. This is the verse you are referring to DL. It means you will know a true christian from a false by their fruit. Fruit meaning if a Christian is lying and stealing well then they are not really Christian are they. Because if they are continuing to purposely lie and steal knowing it's wrong then they are going with sin and not with God.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Sep 2017, 12:53 pm

This thread has wandered far from the original topic started by the OP (Nay) and has been hijacked by stuff which quite frankly belongs on a different thread.

GB aka DL, some of your comments are too close to personal attacks on other members for comfort. Please express your opinions without becoming mean, and "clean up your act". Why can't we discuss things rationally and non-judgmentally? I don't want to have to lock the thread, but will if it carries on getting derailed like this.

I am just as aware that not all stories in the Bible are the sort of stuff you can teach in Sunday School and that some of the stories raise many a question. There's lots of violence and irrationality if its to be taken at face value.

But there are many good stories and verses. What about the Good Samaritan? That shows how we should treat others, regardless of their background.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:09 pm

My favorite parts of the Bible include the Noah story and the prodigal son.

Far apart from the animals, two-by-two, story, I see it about learning how to accept others' choices kindly, especially if they fail to recognize their mistakes.

Along the same lines, the prodigal son story teaches that the father (including family and friends) isn't just showering belated gifts on the once-lost son, but is redeeming his stalwart belief in the son learning a lesson well. A win-win celebration for all.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2017, 4:17 pm

The prodigal son is one of the best!