Page 1 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2017, 4:53 pm

Hi, whats your favourite story in the bible? And please explain why if you want to.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:39 pm

The resurrection accounts, because they give me the most hope.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

Found one here. And I don't know what event to call my favorite story.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2017, 10:26 am

Cool ! Good answer. I feel that if i was without the hope of Jesus' resurrection i would be lost. I know this is obvious but i mean in every way. Im talking about suicide people! I use to be very suicidal in my early teens all the way up until i learn't how to be specific in what I'm asking for in help from God. I find that God always looks at your motive for what your asking for.

Much Love, Nay.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2017, 10:30 am

One of my favourite bible stories is the one about Zaccheus, the short man who climbed a tree to see Jesus. Luke chapter 19.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 11:36 am

Nay wrote:
I find that God always looks at your motive for what your asking for.
It makes sense that he does, even with us imperfect humans we'd be unlikely to give someone what they were asking us for if it was a thing which harm our relationship with them.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 1:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Hope, based on the supernatural, is not intelligent. But ok.

Have you looked at the moral aspects of what you would need to accept though to take advantage of that resurrection and salvific policy based on the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty?

Please listen to what Bishop Spong has to say on this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg

Regards
DL

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2017, 4:21 pm

Hi DL, good to hear from you.

Kind Regards, Nay.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:25 pm

Nay wrote:
Hi DL, good to hear from you.

Kind Regards, Nay.

Hi Nay.

What do you think of Bishop Spong?

Regards
DL

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:27 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Have you looked at the moral aspects of what you would need to accept though to take advantage of that resurrection and salvific policy based on the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty?

Regards
DL

Spong is welcome to keep to his theology; just respect my right to keep to mine.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:28 pm

Nay wrote:
Hi, whats your favourite story in the bible? And please explain why if you want to.

I like quite a few.

Especially the story of king David's baby.

It is spoken of in this link. Tell me your thoughts on Yahweh after you view it.

https://vimeo.com/7038401

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Regards
DL

Spong is welcome to keep to his theology; just respect my right to keep to mine.

Your theology is quite immoral and it is my duty to it's victims to let you know that as it is causing a lot of people a lot of damage.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Your own bible's good advice is what I follow so I do not want to follow yours.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

You are holding fast to what is evil. If you wish to stop doing so, I can help if you let me.

Gnostic Jesus has a better way.

Regards
DL

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:44 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Regards
DL

Your theology is quite immoral and it is my duty to it's victims to let you know that as it is causing a lot of people a lot of damage.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

You are holding fast to what is evil. If you wish to stop doing so, I can help if you let me.

Regards
DL

Well, you can keep your Gnostic Jesus, and I'll keep my Protestant/Catholic/Orthodox Jesus. Quit calling me immoral.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Well, you can keep your Gnostic Jesus, and I'll keep my Protestant/Catholic/Orthodox Jesus. Quit calling me immoral.

I will when you stop following a genocidal son murdering immoral God and his religion that continues to victimize women and gays.

Regards
DL

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:07 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I will when you stop following a genocidal son murdering immoral God and his religion that continues to victimize women and gays.

Regards
DL

As I don't persecute women and gays, I refuse to accept responsibility for the actions of other Christians. And as Gnosticism had had its origins in Pre-Christian Greek culture, it can be argued that the Greek attitude of seeing women as creatures of less worth probably had been passed on to the Gnostics.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:17 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Is this how you want to present Gnosticism as? Pushy and judgmental? This sounds no different than the Christians and Muslims you are accusing of doing.