Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Destabilised
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2017, 5:33 pm

Perhaps there are notifications and I'm just not seeing them, but maybe some notification system wouldn't be a bad idea. For example, if our posts were quoted.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 5:41 pm

I would like this too, but I'm not sure if it's possible with the current forum software. The only thing you can do is to get email notifications for replies to a thread by clicking "Subscribe topic" at the top.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 5:44 pm

There's a Subscribe Thread option that will notify you the next time someone posts in that thread. I find that handy, and if I'm away from the thread for a while, it'll only notify me once. It doesn't start notifying me again until I revisit the thread.

As far as I know though, there is no option to notify you when you've been quoted, only when you've received a private message.

Destabilised
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2017, 6:12 pm

TheAP wrote:
I would like this too, but I'm not sure if it's possible with the current forum software. The only thing you can do is to get email notifications for replies to a thread by clicking "Subscribe topic" at the top.

Yeah, I clocked onto that. Does anyone know what he forum is hosted by? I'm sure I can find a script somewhere if the admin team want it.

DataB4 wrote:
There's a Subscribe Thread option that will notify you the next time someone posts in that thread. I find that handy, and if I'm away from the thread for a while, it'll only notify me once. It doesn't start notifying me again until I revisit the thread.

As far as I know though, there is no option to notify you when you've been quoted, only when you've received a private message.

Hmm, if the admin team want, I can always try and source a script for notifications. If something so basic and free as Proboards can implement it, I'm sure we can here!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 6:16 pm

I believe it is phpBB.

Destabilised
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2017, 6:45 pm

Okay, cool!
Before I spend time trawling through source codes and resources, I'll wait until a mod/admin can clear it haha