Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2017, 10:04 am

hurtloam wrote:
Now I just feel like nothing I do matters and no one cares what I do anyway, so why bother

That looks like what we call depression. A feeling of emptiness, anxiety, deep sadness, loneliness and that nothing matters.

As you may know, that happens to every adult person and it's said that, when you're an aspie, you're more prone to depression than normal people. I often have strong crisis of depression but the times when it really caught me the most were when I was stressed or with the passing of age: firstly when I was eighteen, next when I was in my thirties, lastly when I turned forty.

With age the human mind becomes troubled by change and the perspective (or lack thereof) of what tomorrow will bring. Most normal people cope with existential crisis in a less dramatic way than we do. They may feel depressed for a while but soon that will vanish. For many of us aspies though, changes and uncertainty strike tougher than thunder and therefore, depression is probably more difficult to overcome.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 4:00 pm

Fifasy

:mrgreen:

Ain't got no precious lil "friends"

A toy gun would not scare me or motivate me

:idea: