See a girl. Automatically think of dating her

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 9:48 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Whenever I see an attractive girl, my instinct is to automatically think about dating her. Unfortunately, my shyness and anxiety generally wins out so I don't end up asking and the few times I've done it has either resulted in "My boyfriend wouldn't like that." or "I am too busy." so I go back to square one either way.

I just wonder if this is the right way to go about it. It seemed to work for my older brother. He would immediately approach girls and they would already be a couple. Some would immediately come to him and tell him they wanted to date him. Aside from my only girlfriend and some at school that I didn't find attractive, I never have the first move come towards me.

Wait so you've asked girls you don't even really know to date you? You've seriously just approached girls and asked them out right after meeting them? I'd say I'm a bit jealous of such confidence; I have trouble with just approaching a person that seems interesting, asking out them out would be next to impossible.

As for if it's the right way to go about it, well... when it works it is and when it doesn't it isn't. If it seems too hard or you just can't make it work, then you don't have to handle things the way your brother does. You could try to make friends with women that seem interesting at first and ask them out later when you already know them. If they still seem like a potential girlfriend that is.

If only that was true. I am not a confident person at all. I just managed to force myself to ask the few times I did.

Making friends is another struggle for me. Here in the Bible Belt, most people are either super uptight and brainwashed by religion or they just want Jesus as a cheap ticket to Heaven or jerks who only care about drinking until they pass out, smoking until their body smells like smoke, listen to sh***y pop country or rap music, and are gun fanatics who just want a gun to kill someone legally instead of self-defense. At college, most people just stared into their cellphones and refused to socialize whenever I tried to talk to them. No one ever approaches me first in either dating or friendships.

Last edited by Marknis on 17 Sep 2017, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 10:03 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
Marknis wrote:
I just wonder if this is the right way to go about it. It seemed to work for my older brother. He would immediately approach girls and they would already be a couple. Some would immediately come to him and tell him they wanted to date him. Aside from my only girlfriend and some at school that I didn't find attractive, I never have the first move come towards me.

Here's the thing, though: is your older brother a handsome, funny, "non-weird" extrovert? If he is, it's only natural that women would flock his way. The dating game favors that archetype.

Not anymore. The girls only came to him when he was younger and had an athletic body type. He's obese now and is stuck in a manipulative relationship with his wife. Surprisingly, he told me recently he wishes he could trade places with me. His wife is a very manipulative and toxic person who used him like a sperm donor at first but decided to exploit child support money from him until he married her.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 11:22 am

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Sweetleaf is not dating a loser guy--and you're not a loser, either.

By society's standards I am and if I remember quite her bf isn't middle class either.

That's not something I can change I'll be lucky if I keep this kinda job

f**k what the Bible Belt thinks, sly. The same people are insecure and unhappy themselves. I've seen it because my parents are miserable people themselves and associated themselves with other miserable people. One of them was my mother's ex-husband, one of the richest and popular people in the area, but behind the scenes he was a miserable burned out person. My father has multiple mistresses and the constant thrill seeking burns him out but he can't stop because his thought processes are stuck in a vicious cycle. He tries to tell me how to live but I tell him to f**k off. He's a disgusting lazy redneck and it's largely his fault that I wasn't able to develop myself because he didn't encourage me to explore my passions and expand my knowledge. Instead, he took me to see redneck bands and football games despite knowing I don't like redneck music and I was never enthralled by football. They both claim to be Christians but it's more so they appear "normal" to other people and they are brainwashed by mainstream culture. Mainstream Christianity is hardly about following Jesus, it's more about attaining power than anything else. How is "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out!" loving and compassionate?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:12 am

If you're not naturally charismatic, it would make you look foolish to try to convey to others that you are. I've tried that, and I fell flat on my face.

It's better to maintain good hygiene, wear clothes that fit and are clean, and act "yourself" for the most part, while deemphasizing the blatantly "eccentric" aspects of yourself.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 7:43 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If you're not naturally charismatic, it would make you look foolish to try to convey to others that you are. I've tried that, and I fell flat on my face.

It's better to maintain good hygiene, wear clothes that fit and are clean, and act "yourself" for the most part, while deemphasizing the blatantly "eccentric" aspects of yourself.

Thing is, when I'm comfortable around people "myself" is very social and very theatrical; over-the-top and loud, jolly. Impossible to hide my eccentricities when I'm like that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:10 am

^^^I would say that some people don't like the loudness.....but otherwise, you seem pretty cool, and that most people would like this manifestation of you.

Especially those of an artistic bent.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 6:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I honestly get confused by your posts. You mentioned falling flat on your face figuratively but in other posts it seemed like women always flocked to you. Could you please set things straight for me?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:38 pm

Marknis wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

By society's standards I am and if I remember quite her bf isn't middle class either.

f**k what the Bible Belt thinks, sly. The same people are insecure and unhappy themselves. I've seen it because my parents are miserable people themselves and associated themselves with other miserable people. One of them was my mother's ex-husband, one of the richest and popular people in the area, but behind the scenes he was a miserable burned out person. My father has multiple mistresses and the constant thrill seeking burns him out but he can't stop because his thought processes are stuck in a vicious cycle. He tries to tell me how to live but I tell him to f**k off. He's a disgusting lazy redneck and it's largely his fault that I wasn't able to develop myself because he didn't encourage me to explore my passions and expand my knowledge. Instead, he took me to see redneck bands and football games despite knowing I don't like redneck music and I was never enthralled by football. They both claim to be Christians but it's more so they appear "normal" to other people and they are brainwashed by mainstream culture. Mainstream Christianity is hardly about following Jesus, it's more about attaining power than anything else. How is "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out!" loving and compassionate?

I live in libtopia aka the west coast.
Most people here love football there's two rival teams in my state and one is in the connected town. People get aggressive about others wearing the other teams colors or shirts. I don't get it. When I was in middle school my family got me ducks(our team) stuff and I wore it but I've never been to or watched a game. I really don't care for it. The other team color is orange with black. My favorite color is orange :(
A lot of left leaning atheist are stuck up snobs too. It's not a Bible Belt thing. It's a western society thing.

Most people wouldn't follow Jesus, he didn't do violence and taught to care and help others not belittle them. Humans are selfish by nature so donating their time and money to those lesser then them goes against that they'd rather call us names and say we steal from them via taxes.

I never understood converting people. I don't think god would want that he gave us free will and wants us to come to him willingly. Having open doors and being open to people who come with questions would seem the better way.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
^^^I would say that some people don't like the loudness.....but otherwise, you seem pretty cool, and that most people would like this manifestation of you.

Especially those of an artistic bent.

Most people don't like happiness and excitement either. When I'm happy I get excited my adhd goes into full affect. People find it annoying so I try to not get happy.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:43 am

sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I live in libtopia aka the west coast.
Most people here love football there's two rival teams in my state and one is in the connected town. People get aggressive about others wearing the other teams colors or shirts. I don't get it. When I was in middle school my family got me ducks(our team) stuff and I wore it but I've never been to or watched a game. I really don't care for it. The other team color is orange with black. My favorite color is orange :(
A lot of left leaning atheist are stuck up snobs too. It's not a Bible Belt thing. It's a western society thing.

Most people wouldn't follow Jesus, he didn't do violence and taught to care and help others not belittle them. Humans are selfish by nature so donating their time and money to those lesser then them goes against that they'd rather call us names and say we steal from them via taxes.

I never understood converting people. I don't think god would want that he gave us free will and wants us to come to him willingly. Having open doors and being open to people who come with questions would seem the better way.

That's partly why I don't care about football. The rivalries are essentially "My dad can beat your dad!" and are total jock fests. My father tried to take me to them knowing I didn't care about them at all and it took him years to finally get the hint. Trust me, you did not miss anything. I don't see the point going unless you actually play the sport. My father actually suffered spinal injuries later in life from playing the sport so I am glad I didn't play it myself.

They want to be a part of his fan club in hopes they'll get an easy ticket to Heaven regardless of His message.

Bible Belters feel entitled to getting into other people's business because they think being "Christian" somehow makes them superior so they can judge you or they are worried that if they don't that they'll go to Hell. Bible Belt insanity should be considered a mental disorder.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 2:08 am

Marknis wrote:

That's partly why I don't care about football. The rivalries are essentially "My dad can beat your dad!" and are total jock fests. My father tried to take me to them knowing I didn't care about them at all and it took him years to finally get the hint. Trust me, you did not miss anything. I don't see the point going unless you actually play the sport. My father actually suffered spinal injuries later in life from playing the sport so I am glad I didn't play it myself.

They want to be a part of his fan club in hopes they'll get an easy ticket to Heaven regardless of His message.

Bible Belters feel entitled to getting into other people's business because they think being "Christian" somehow makes them superior so they can judge you or they are worried that if they don't that they'll go to Hell. Bible Belt insanity should be considered a mental disorder.

I didn't have a dad.

I call those people super Christians, they the ones that say if yiu don't read the Bible yiu go to hell, if you commit any sins hell, if yiu drink hell, smoke hell. It's more like what doesn't get you to hell.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:46 am

sly279 wrote:
Marknis wrote:

I didn't have a dad.

I call those people super Christians, they the ones that say if yiu don't read the Bible yiu go to hell, if you commit any sins hell, if yiu drink hell, smoke hell. It's more like what doesn't get you to hell.

My father was very distant emotionally and just wanted my siblings and I out of sight so he and my mother could keep cheating on each other.

The same people often do what they preach against but will go to church to feel like their transgressions have been absolved so they can do them all over again or they think Jesus or God automatically forgives them just because they call themselves Christians.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:57 pm

I like football. I like all sports.

I don't like it when people get so much into them, though-----that it consumes their very lives.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 5:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I don't like it when people get so much into them, though-----that it consumes their very lives.

Sports are the true opium of the people, especially in the Bible Belt.

I am 29 and I feel like it's bad that I am so far behind others my age in the dating realm. I also sometimes fear that when I finally overcome my anxiety and shyness that it will be too late; I'll be close to death before being able to do anything.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm

Marknis wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Sports are the true opium of the people, especially in the Bible Belt.

I am 29 and I feel like it's bad that I am so far behind others my age in the dating realm. I also sometimes fear that when I finally overcome my anxiety and shyness that it will be too late; I'll be close to death before being able to do anything.

Jeez, you are so dark. You need to idk distract your mind. I know it's hard but you should try to do it as soon as possible.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:27 pm

Have your brother find you a nice girl. His has a knack for this and certainly knows you well. Ask him to help you out. :)