Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 4:21 pm

I lost weight recently and was a size 20 in jeans. Now my 20s are falling off of my waist. I need a size 18 but chances are they will be too freaking long. I know there are short length jeans but even some short length jeans fall to the bottom of my feet.

I seem to lose weight in my belly and hips more than my bust. My waist is 42 1/2 and my bust measures 47". I wish I could stick to wearing dresses but it's not practical in winter.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2017, 11:36 pm

I've been having the opposite problem. I didn't used to need tall jeans & pants, but for the last five years all the jeans & pants I've purchased have shrunk lengthwise after the first wash & dry. Regular length used to fit well, but lately they barely hit the tops of my flats before that first wash. I've started buying talls even tho they are slightly too long in flats (meaning sneakers & such, not ballet style) & barely long enough for heels. I'm only 5'8" with maybe a 32" inseam max (based on motorcycle seat height of 31.9" that I can flat foot in my motorcycle boots); I have no idea what truly tall women do.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 8:21 am

That can easily be fixed by sewing, no? If you don't know how to sew, ask someone to teach you or try to go to a sewing course. And if you're in a hurry you can just pull them up and keep them in place with pins.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:26 am

I'm five feet tall and I always buy short-length pants and if they are a little long, I just cuff them at the bottoms. I wear a 22 usually, and I mostly wear an elastic waist because my weight goes up and down a lot.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 2:20 am

I wish I still fit in my ripped jeans. It’s not a matter of weight and body image—I’m learning not to worry about it. It’s just that ripped jeans are more in style right now. I guess I need some bigger ones. I care a lot about fashion and even though I’m worrying less about weight now, struggling with weight makes it hard to keep up with the trends.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 9:05 am

Are you guys trying different shops because that makes a huge difference here in the UK. I'm 5' 6'' and sometimes I'm long, sometimes I'm regular and sometimes, like in Primark an extra person could fit in, length-ways. :D

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 9:11 am

For jeans on the shorter side, try a petite in a shop that caters to women in their 50's as heights have increased a lot. It depends how fashionable you want them.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Dec 2017, 9:19 am

Some jeans brands have two-dimensional sizing, waist and length are two separate dimentions. Levi's have even a third dimension in women's jeans, depending on how curvy one is (waist-hips difference).
Where I live, we have some jeans - only stores where you can fit something.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 9:26 am

Quote:
I know there are short length jeans but even some short length jeans fall to the bottom of my feet.

What's your inseam?

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 10:34 pm

I always go for short legs in jeans. I don't like the feeling of jeans sometimes so I don't wear them often. I have two pairs (I think).

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 10:37 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I lost weight recently and was a size 20 in jeans. Now my 20s are falling off of my waist. I need a size 18 but chances are they will be too freaking long. I know there are short length jeans but even some short length jeans fall to the bottom of my feet.

I seem to lose weight in my belly and hips more than my bust. My waist is 42 1/2 and my bust measures 47". I wish I could stick to wearing dresses but it's not practical in winter.

I have the opposite problem. Jeans that fit me in the waist are way too big for me in the legs. I have slender legs but am not an hourglass shape. It's a massive problem. I think just keep looking, hopefully at least one shop will stock something that works for you.