Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

curiouscat1993
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2017, 5:55 pm

I've been taking ssris for about 5 years and I'm about to taper off completely soon. My psychiatrist said that I'll only take 5 months to completely taper off, but I think that's too fast considering how long I been on meds. I'm currently taking the last small dose of prozac and during the last few days I've been feeling down, worried, and don't have much energy to do anything. How long do withdrawal symptoms supposedly last? What can I do to relieve the symptoms? I cant see my psychiatrist yet until a few weeks.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:59 pm

fatigue is a normal Prozac withdrawal symptom. Symptoms are different for everyone so you can't really put a timescale on it , have a read of these articles to see if any of this helps
http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Taking-Prozac
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/12-ways ... 00918.html

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

curiouscat1993 wrote:
I've been taking ssris for about 5 years and I'm about to taper off completely soon. My psychiatrist said that I'll only take 5 months to completely taper off, but I think that's too fast considering how long I been on meds. I'm currently taking the last small dose of prozac and during the last few days I've been feeling down, worried, and don't have much energy to do anything. How long do withdrawal symptoms supposedly last? What can I do to relieve the symptoms? I cant see my psychiatrist yet until a few weeks.

You are experiencing depression.

Stay on your prozac.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 10:54 pm

Prozac typically has no withdrawal owed to it's really long half life. You can still certainly see a return of the symptoms you were using prozac to manage for in the first place.

When you make the decision to quit whatever med you need to have an altermative treatment to take it's place, medication or not.