Racists insist that they aren't racist.

Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 1:32 pm

Wow! For the longest time, I assumed that Trump supporters were racist. Now I know that they aren't. Why? Well ... a bunch of white Trump supporters told me so!

Okay, let's be serious. even more pathetic than the people who say "Some of my best friends are ni ... *ahem* ... BLACK."

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 2:21 pm

Only one Nazi killed a protester in Charlottesville.

Antifa types want to censor you, shame you and beat you up if you hold views they consider fascist or racist.

Nazi KKK types want to kill whole groups of people.

That makes Nazi KKK types by far more evil.

The hardcore Nazi types can only muster a few hundred people at most. They have been vastly outnumbered at post-Charlottesville demonstrations.

Antifa, SJW's types have been far more influential with their censorship campaigns and their war against offensive symbols.

A logical retort to the above is that the executive branch is far more influential than a few hundred Antifa people. In a rational world that would make sense. But we are in Trump world where the President is constantly hurting himself and strengthening the illiberal left.

My conclusions are the Nazi KKK people are potentially in the long term more of a danger, but for now it is the illiberal left and their enablers.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2017, 2:42 pm

Something to keep in mind is that a lot of people who are racist might truly believe they are not. They often assume that this group is just stupid, that group is more likely to commit crimes and the other group just can not do work as well as them. To them, it's just seems like the way of the world, not that their being racist. It's messed up, but that's the way many peoples minds work. These guys might truly believe that they are good, fair, correctly minded, nonracist people, even if anyone not wearing their blinders can see otherwise.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 3:52 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Antifa types want to censor you, shame you and beat you up if you hold views they consider fascist or racist.

Don't be a fascist or a racist then. It's that simple.

Quote:
Antifa, SJW's types have been far more influential with their censorship campaigns and their war against offensive symbols.

What are you talking about?

People can't wear the stars n' bars in public? People can't display swastikas in public? White people can't use racial slurs in public? Who cares? Why does this bother you? Are you the sort of person who likes to use slurs in public?

This is no big deal ... unless you are literally a racist.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:16 pm

"Everybody is a little autistic"
"Everybody is a little racist"

Like it or not the statements above have elements of truth to them. They are false enough to be damaging.
The natural instinct to fear difference is strong enough that most people have had more then one prejudiced thought. Most people have a few autistic traits but they are subtle enough that knowledgeable people would call not them autistic. Plenty of people have racist thoughts but that does make them racist.

Many autistics do not like the "everybody is a little autistic" because they feel it trivializes the real thing. The mentality of trying to find subtle signs of racism in every word somebody says trivializes the real racism and prejudice problems. In 2017 if you are successfully labeled a racist for many that that defines you as a bad person and that person may be subject to harassment, losing their job, boycotted and worse.

It comes down to this, If a persons racist traits are or will cause harm to others now or in the future it is a problem. If not it should not be any sort of priority. Guilt tripping people, making those who have occasional bigoted thoughts feel they are undiagnosed KKK'ers is doing more harm then good.

DeathMetalKnight wrote:
People can't wear the stars n' bars in public? People can't display swastikas in public? White people can't use racial slurs in public? Who cares? Why does this bother you? Are you the sort of person who likes to use slurs in public?

This is no big deal ...

It could become a very big deal

Martin Niemöller wrote:
First they came for the Communists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Letting Nazi's parade around is excruciating. Because their views are very unpopular is exactly why their first amendment rights need to be protected.

Autistics should be the last people that should want to censor unpopular thoughts.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 17 Sep 2017, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:47 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Wow! For the longest time, I assumed that Trump supporters were racist. Now I know that they aren't. Why? Well ... a bunch of white Trump supporters told me so! Why would they lie about something like that?[/sarcasm]

Okay, let's be serious. These jackasses are even more pathetic than the people who say "Some of my best friends are ni ... *ahem* ... BLACK."

The all white Trump rallies should have been a dead giveaway

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:58 pm

I can see nothing ever changes. This thread should have been locked after the first post. This is why I don't come around very much. I have nothing in common with these kind of people - nor would I want to. This site is going to the dogs.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:08 pm

Hello Nursey :)

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:19 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I can see nothing ever changes.

Things do change. The world moves forward and society becomes less racist.

Why? Well ... "rabble rousers" are the ones who create change.

Most people who hate "rabble rousers" are conservative. That's a fact.

Let me guess. Are you mad because I'm challenging the conservatives here? This site is right-wing as Hell overall ... but it's been getting better lately thanks to me and the other "liberal trolls" who are really just pointing out inconvenient truths.

Sorry if you don't like that.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:26 pm

Everyone is racist.

You see that when they buy a home.

People want to live among their own race.

A politician that isn't racist, isn't in touch with reality.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:49 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Racist crackers insist that they aren't racist.

Didn't watch the video, because the guy is an idiot... But this thread title is racist and I am partially offended being part white myself.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 8:17 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Everyone is racist.

You see that when they buy a home.

People want to live among their own race.

A politician that isn't racist, isn't in touch with reality.

That doesn't mean it's right. Especially since we are a multiethnic country where everyone are promised the same rights under the law, and we can't possibly avoid each other forever.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 8:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
and we can't possibly avoid each other forever.
But, but, but, I thought I had a fundamental human right to avoid being exposed to "you" and "your ideas"; a right to avoid having all ideas, other than my own, even accidentally cross my path of awareness!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 8:37 pm

SH90 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Racist crackers insist that they aren't racist.

Didn't watch the video, because the guy is an idiot... But this thread title is racist and I am partially offended being part white myself.

Well ... I can say cracker because not all white people are crackers. Didn't Chris Rock say something about that? :lol:

Cracker
VVV

White Person
VVV

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 8:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Especially since we are a multiethnic country where everyone are promised the same rights under the law, and we can't possibly avoid each other forever.

That's where you're wrong! We can easily avoid one another forever by staying in our basements and sharing rare Pepes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 8:43 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
and we can't possibly avoid each other forever.
But, but, but, I thought I had a fundamental human right to avoid being exposed to "you" and "your ideas"; a right to avoid having all ideas, other than my own, even accidentally cross my path of awareness!

:lol: