Racists insist that they aren't racist.

Page 3 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:04 pm

I believe "cracker" is actually older than "honky."

At the very least, "cracker" dates from the Reconstruction Era. I believe "honky" comes from the early 20th century.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:25 pm

/\Its been an insult since the days of Shakespeare.
http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/ ... n-crackers

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:28 pm

^^^Thanks.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:01 pm

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Why are people afraid of real news

ooohh I'm dying to know Ezra!! ! Apparently Trump thinks that's Brietbart

If only I had a dollar for every time you and Bill write Brietbart. Brietbart this Brietbart
Breitbart that Breitbart the other Brietbart Brietbart Brietbart.

Trump and all his supporters make Brietbart their number one news source because they're all alt-right. Now let's all repeat Brietbart and alt-right umpteen times a day :roll:

Very naughty Ezra, you carefully avoided my question..."what is real news"

"edit" ok I plucked this from another thread
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And just what news source is supposedly better and more trustworthy than CNN?

Reuters, AP and NPR to name a few.
There are more and far better choices out there than CNN vs Fox you know.

Last edited by cyberdad on 18 Sep 2017, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:02 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Antifa types want to censor you, shame you and beat you up if you hold views they consider fascist or racist.

Don't be a fascist or a racist then. It's that simple.

Quote:
Antifa, SJW's types have been far more influential with their censorship campaigns and their war against offensive symbols.

What are you talking about?

People can't wear the stars n' bars in public? People can't display swastikas in public? White people can't use racial slurs in public? Who cares? Why does this bother you? Are you the sort of person who likes to use slurs in public?

This is no big deal ... unless you are literally a racist.

Because it's there right. If I want ti yell the N-word it's my right. You have a right to be an as*hole. I choose not to say it though. Not my personal taste though. I am bothered when someone cannot express there opinion.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:02 pm

SH90 wrote:
This racist thread should have been deleted for simply being obviously racist... But hey, wouldn't be surprised if most the mods here believe whites can't be a victim of racism.

Oh diddums...what happened to free speech?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:08 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Because it's there right. If I want ti yell the N-word it's my right. You have a right to be an as*hole. I choose not to say it though. Not my personal taste though. I am bothered when someone cannot express there opinion.

A racial slur is not an opinion. It is a word that exists only to upset other people. It brings nothing to the discussion and has no value.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:44 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

A racial slur is not an opinion. It is a word that exists only to upset other people. It brings nothing to the discussion and has no value.

Still it is their right to say it. I may find it wrong to say it, but it's their right to say it. Sticks and bones may break my bones but words may never hurt me. Just because it has no value doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Twinkies count as food.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:55 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Just because it has no value doesn't mean it shouldn't exist..

Plenty of examples of inappropriate use of language in public that is deemed "socially unacceptable" nobody is lining up demanding you can say whatever you like, education teaches you to use language in "constructive" ways rather than designed to hurt, injure or throw slurs

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:

The word cracker falls under unprotected speech and the government can prohibit it, if it will breach peace.

Cornell Law-First Amendment
Cornell Law School wrote:
A less stringent test is applied for content-neutral legislation. The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. For more on unprotected and less protected categories of speech see advocacy of illegal action, fighting words, commercial speech and obscenity. The right to free speech includes other mediums of expression that communicate a message. The level of protection speech receives also depends on the forum in which it takes place.

Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire

No person shall address any offensive, derisive or annoying word to any other person who is lawfully in any street or other public place, nor call him by any offensive or derisive name, nor make any noise or exclamation in his presence and hearing with intent to deride, offend or annoy him, or to prevent him from pursuing his lawful business or occupation.

Your freedom of speech also ends when you agree post on this private forum and adhere to the forum rules set forth by Alex... Unfortunately it's not properly enforced and certain members get a free pass.

Wrong Planet CoC
Wrong Planet Rules wrote:
1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members; violent or sexually demeaning content; sexual fetish; and discussion of excretory function. Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

We would not be having this conversation if I said racial slur towards African Americans or even my Asian heritage; I would be banned. I should be able to hold the same expectations for my Caucasian roots (I am both White and Asian) and not be called a racial slur when I open my door or come into a community that is so post to be supporting and welcome each other who share this disability (something this community has lost touch with).

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

So what gives you the right to make a racial slur towards Whites? Is it double standards or just simply you're a hypocrite?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:33 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Sticks and bones may break my bones but words may never hurt me.

That is one of the most evil phrases in the English language. Anyone who has dealt with bullying knows that you are completely wrong. You can pretend that the words don't hurt, but your mind has limits.

That's where the "SJW" phrase "Words are violence." comes from. Of course, it sounds stupid when you take it out of context, as conservatives always do.

Spare me your tired, macho clichés.

Quote:
Just because it has no value doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Twinkies count as food.

People who eat Twinkies are only hurting themselves.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 6:15 pm

SH90 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The word cracker falls under unprotected speech and the government can prohibit it, if it will breach peace.

Cornell Law-First Amendment
A less stringent test is applied for content-neutral legislation. The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. For more on unprotected and less protected categories of speech see advocacy of illegal action, fighting words, commercial speech and obscenity. The right to free speech includes other mediums of expression that communicate a message. The level of protection speech receives also depends on the forum in which it takes place.

Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire

No person shall address any offensive, derisive or annoying word to any other person who is lawfully in any street or other public place, nor call him by any offensive or derisive name, nor make any noise or exclamation in his presence and hearing with intent to deride, offend or annoy him, or to prevent him from pursuing his lawful business or occupation.

Your freedom of speech also ends when you agree post on this private forum and adhere to the forum rules set forth by Alex... Unfortunately it's not properly enforced and certain members get a free pass.

Wrong Planet CoC
Wrong Planet Rules wrote:
1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members; violent or sexually demeaning content; sexual fetish; and discussion of excretory function. Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

We would not be having this conversation if I said racial slur towards African Americans or even my Asian heritage; I would be banned. I should be able to hold the same expectations for my Caucasian roots (I am both White and Asian) and not be called a racial slur when I open my door or come into a community that is so post to be supporting and welcome each other who share this disability (something this community has lost touch with).

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

So what gives you the right to make a racial slur towards Whites? Is it double standards or just simply you're a hypocrite?

"Cracker" and hate speech, in general, is protected speech so said SCOTUS unanimously.
Matal vs Tam
Quote:
From today’s opinion by Justice Samuel Alito (for four justices) in Matal v. Tam, the “Slants” case:

The idea that the government may restrict] speech expressing ideas that offend … strikes at the heart of the First Amendment. Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express “the thought that we hate.”

Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote separately, also for four justices, but on this point the opinions agreed:

A law found to discriminate based on viewpoint is an “egregious form of content discrimination,” which is “presumptively unconstitutional.” … A law that can be directed against speech found offensive to some portion of the public can be turned against minority and dissenting views to the detriment of all. The First Amendment does not entrust that power to the government’s benevolence. Instead, our reliance must be on the substantial safeguards of free and open discussion in a democratic society.

And the justices made clear that speech that some view as racially offensive is protected not just against outright prohibition but also against lesser restrictions. In Matal, the government refused to register “The Slants” as a band’s trademark, on the ground that the name might be seen as demeaning to Asian Americans. The government wasn’t trying to forbid the band from using the mark; it was just denying it certain protections that trademarks get against unauthorized use by third parties. But even in this sort of program, the court held, viewpoint discrimination — including against allegedly racially offensive viewpoints — is unconstitutional. And this no-viewpoint-discrimination principle has long been seen as applying to exclusion of speakers from universities, denial of tax exemptions to nonprofits, and much more.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:32 pm

EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Raptor wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I can see nothing ever changes. This thread should have been locked after the first post. This is why I don't come around very much. I have nothing in common with these kind of people - nor would I want to. This site is going to the dogs.

It's something to laugh at, especially knowing what's driving it...

:twisted:

I think for some, likely especially those who aren't Americas, it's really all about getting sucked into all the hysterical hype.

If you think this is about hype, then you really don't get what's going on.

Let me guess, Donald Truump is going to destory the planet. Which you hear and read about every day from CNN and the Washington Post and/or similar.

If you are referring to the times I was panicking, I'm certainly emotional at time but that's better that being a robot: it has more to do with my anxiety, and my habits to speculate and overthinking that directly from the media.

Since the time of George W. Bush the Republican party has become closer to fascism combined with a heavy dose of anti-intellectualism. Many say that the Democrat and the Republican parties are both as bad; but it don't make sense to me as the Democrat party is not made of fanatics and they are governing intelligently.

As for Trump, my dislike come from what he say himself. Saying things like that the terrorists families should be tortured, his rhetoric using minorities as scapegoats, his use of intolerant nationalism, his denial of science, him showing a disrespect for others that go far enough to be a nasty Internet troll, his obvious lack of intelligence and many other things. It should be obvious that someone like that shouldn't be a head of state, and I don't need the medias to tell me so as he show it himself.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 2:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

If only I had a dollar for every time you and Bill write Brietbart. Brietbart this Brietbart

Trump and all his supporters make Brietbart their number one news source because they're all alt-right. Now let's all repeat Brietbart and alt-right umpteen times a day :roll:

I didn't recognize that as a question the way you structured it. If you want me to answer something, go for being direct, instead of whatever that was.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:27 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I didn't recognize that as a question the way you structured it. If you want me to answer something, go for being direct, instead of whatever that was.

It's ok, you answered the question on another thread (see above)

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 6:47 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Sticks and bones may break my bones but words may never hurt me.

That is one of the most evil phrases in the English language. Anyone who has dealt with bullying knows that you are completely wrong. You can pretend that the words don't hurt, but your mind has limits.

That's where the "SJW" phrase "Words are violence." comes from. Of course, it sounds stupid when you take it out of context, as conservatives always do.

Spare me your tired, macho clichés.

Quote:
Just because it has no value doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Twinkies count as food.

People who eat Twinkies are only hurting themselves.

I grew up with people telling me that I am worthless and should kill myself. You know what it was just words. I am by no means macho. I just know if I let others words rule me I will never be happy. Some people are weak and can't take insults. Screw them, grow up.