Racists insist that they aren't racist.

Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 6:47 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Sticks and bones may break my bones but words may never hurt me.

That is one of the most evil phrases in the English language. Anyone who has dealt with bullying knows that you are completely wrong. You can pretend that the words don't hurt, but your mind has limits.

That's where the "SJW" phrase "Words are violence." comes from. Of course, it sounds stupid when you take it out of context, as conservatives always do.

Spare me your tired, macho clichés.

Quote:
Just because it has no value doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Twinkies count as food.

People who eat Twinkies are only hurting themselves.

I grew up with people telling me that I am worthless and should kill myself. You know what it was just words. I am by no means macho. I just know if I let others words rule me I will never be happy. Some people are weak and can't take insults. Screw them, grow up.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 10:51 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
"Cracker" and hate speech, in general, is protected speech so said SCOTUS unanimously.
Matal vs Tam
Quote:
From today’s opinion by Justice Samuel Alito (for four justices) in Matal v. Tam, the “Slants” case:

The idea that the government may restrict] speech expressing ideas that offend … strikes at the heart of the First Amendment. Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express “the thought that we hate.”

Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote separately, also for four justices, but on this point the opinions agreed:

A law found to discriminate based on viewpoint is an “egregious form of content discrimination,” which is “presumptively unconstitutional.” … A law that can be directed against speech found offensive to some portion of the public can be turned against minority and dissenting views to the detriment of all. The First Amendment does not entrust that power to the government’s benevolence. Instead, our reliance must be on the substantial safeguards of free and open discussion in a democratic society.

And the justices made clear that speech that some view as racially offensive is protected not just against outright prohibition but also against lesser restrictions. In Matal, the government refused to register “The Slants” as a band’s trademark, on the ground that the name might be seen as demeaning to Asian Americans. The government wasn’t trying to forbid the band from using the mark; it was just denying it certain protections that trademarks get against unauthorized use by third parties. But even in this sort of program, the court held, viewpoint discrimination — including against allegedly racially offensive viewpoints — is unconstitutional. And this no-viewpoint-discrimination principle has long been seen as applying to exclusion of speakers from universities, denial of tax exemptions to nonprofits, and much more.

SCOTUS has been arguing on what is protected or not, for longer then we been alive, specifically with hate speech. Yesterday it was not okay, today maybe it is (Slants, was an Asian band. Slant Eye, isn't really offensive; there is far worse you can say) and tomorrow who knows. But people have been criminalized or their killer get away with murder, because their killer was offended by words.(Another Article). Either way, it's against our rules, where our freedom of speech ends when we post within this private forum and we agreed to adhere to Alex's rules.

Funny how @DarthMetaKnight will say other racial slurs are wrong and not apologize for his blatant racism, even defend it against Whites... White hate is thing these days I suppose :cry:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 12:43 pm

SH90 wrote:
Funny how @DarthMetaKnight will say other racial slurs are wrong and not apologize for his blatant racism, even defend it against Whites... White hate is thing these days I suppose :cry:

Look up the term "internet troll".
That should give you an answer.
Just sayin...

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:23 pm

Raptor wrote:
SH90 wrote:

Just sayin...

Yep, I am slightly more concerned with the double standards the mods allow... If you or I pulled something like that, we would be banned or have a time out.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:41 pm

SH90 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
SH90 wrote:

Just sayin...

Yep, I am slightly more concerned with the double standards the mods allow...

I've been on WP for 10 years and to some extent it's always been like this with liberals getting away with more. Oh well, if need be I can mentally f**k some people around without even breaking any rules. :twisted:

Quote:
If you or I pulled something like that, we would be banned or have a time out.

There are ways to get back into a forum after being banned because it's really just an IP address block.
I've done it before elsewhere...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:49 pm

Unless the back door is very secure trolls will gain entry.One slipped in here disguised as a stinky dog.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:31 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Sticks and bones may break my bones but words may never hurt me.

That is one of the most evil phrases in the English language. Anyone who has dealt with bullying knows that you are completely wrong. You can pretend that the words don't hurt, but your mind has limits.

That's where the "SJW" phrase "Words are violence." comes from. Of course, it sounds stupid when you take it out of context, as conservatives always do.

Spare me your tired, macho clichés.

Quote:
Just because it has no value doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Twinkies count as food.

People who eat Twinkies are only hurting themselves.

I grew up with people telling me that I am worthless and should kill myself. You know what it was just words. I am by no means macho. I just know if I let others words rule me I will never be happy. Some people are weak and can't take insults. Screw them, grow up.

Whatever you say, kiddo. :roll:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:37 pm

i think this is far and disorganized enough.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.