Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 9:24 pm

Will anyone buy iPhone 8? I read that they have iPhone X too.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 9:28 pm

I'm waiting to see when "My iPhone ate my homework" style jokes start.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 9:41 pm

no, I recently got an samsung phone for free from my internet company. i wouldn't buy it anyway, actually. it's too expensive in brazil.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 10:22 pm

I upgraded my dying iPhone 6 to the Samsung S8+ and have not been very happy with it... I will be upgrading to the iPhone 8 or X, either or will be the 256 gb model. I leaning toward the X, but I am trying to talk myself into the 8.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 10:24 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
I'm waiting to see when "My iPhone ate my homework" style jokes start.

"my phone died, so i couldn't upload my homework"

more plausible than one may imagine.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 7:09 am

Other than the camera, I doubt it offers anything worth the price of upgrading. Face recognition is problematic from a security standpoint (not that you can't turn it off, but then why upgrade).

Most people I know consider upgrading EVERY OTHER model release. Usually then the improvements are substantial enough to justify the cost and trouble.

Like Microsoft, Apple is starting to put out new products just to put out new products. Newer isn't always "better" for most people who are doing fine with what they have.

It's like a newer PC. It may run faster and do more, but if all you do is check your e-mail and surf the Web, odds are you don't need to waste your money.

marcaevans
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2017, 4:06 pm

For the first time, I'm not particularly impressed by the iPhone 8. I have always loved Apple products but seriously considering making my next phone a Samsung.

Diagnosed ASD November 2016

gabemai314
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA, Earth, Solar System, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe

06 Oct 2017, 9:43 pm

No, I will not be purchasing any device hailing from the newest generation of iPhones. Both the infrared visage recognition feature on the iPhone X and the walled garden that is iOS discourage me from buying mobile devices from Apple. I am very happy with my Samsung Galaxy J7 Model SM-J700T (2015). I have rooted the device and am planning on compiling a custom Android kernel. Now what to do about that baseband processor that cannot be audited...

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 9:57 am

SH90 wrote:
I upgraded my dying iPhone 6 to the Samsung S8+ and have not been very happy with it... I will be upgrading to the iPhone 8 or X, either or will be the 256 gb model. I leaning toward the X, but I am trying to talk myself into the 8.

I ended up getting a deal on a iPad Pro 9.7 128GB LTE yesterday from BestBuy and just ordered a iPhone 7 128GB from Verizon. Not sure what I am so post to do with my S8+, doesn't say on the receipt and I said I wanted to trade it in (I owed $100 over the 50% trade in upgrade thing, never asked me to pay the difference).

So no 8 or X for me, couldn't pass up these deals.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 12:30 am

Now you’ll be stuck wit apple for life.

I have iPad Pro 9.7(wish 10.5) andniphone 7 plus. I want a Samsung gear s3 but it doesn’t work with iPhone well. If I go Samsung phone (android sucks) then it won’t work with my iPad and iPhone 6. Apple Watch looks stupid. I got a Apple Pencil recently and it’s cool with the iPad. Now I’m mostly paperless.

Between the two of gonwitb the 8 the 10 is horrible with the screen cutout and the lack of fingerprint reader they rushed the phone so they’d have something for the 10th anniversary of the iPhone.
The iPhone 8 is just a 7s. Next years iPhone will have he whole front be all screen no cutout and will have a fingerprint scanner inside the screen like they wanted to do this year. It’ll be faster too.

blackpaladin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2017, 3:56 pm

My dad just gave me his iphone 6 bc he bought one. I don't really understand why (he bought an iphone 8, not why he gave me his old phone, I'm happy for that, my other phone was physically broken.) But I think he got the most expensive one and oh my god it's so big how does it fit in his hand, plus I saw loads of Samsung phone owners of smth like that saying that that brand of phone could do all of that new iPhone stuff years before these iPhones came out and for much cheaper, and oh my god 1000 pounds. On a phone. Nooo.

But if you get one and you want one and it makes you happy then good for you! But I am not getting one (unless my dad gets a new new phone and gives me his.)