Page 3 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Days
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2017, 1:23 am

Your Empathy Quotient score was 7 out of a possible 80.

Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

I'm not sure how to feel about that. I thought my answers suggested I would have had a higher score but I was obviously wrong.

Diagnosed with ASD (aspergers) at age 19.

Insania2016
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2017, 5:40 pm

Depends. Face to face with someone not so much. There's a disconnect there. Typically it's that I'm processing the thing being conveyed and I find it overwhelming. My responses are usually inappropriate.

Reading a book, hearing a story on the radio, or watching TV? Yeah to a degree. I'm moved with great emotion if it's pretty obvious what's happening.

Forgot my score - 6.

I will say that some days are better than others. If I'm doing well all around I imagine that score goes up some but it's super draining employing my powers of empathy. On bad days forget it lol

The Abdominal Snowman

20 Oct 2017, 3:17 am

16 out of 80?
Darn, I was going for 2.

A lot of those questions really don't have any direct bearing on how sorry one feels for people, animals, etc. or how good they are at spotting when someone is angry at them, etc.
An NT has obviously designed a test in such a way as to infer lack of empathy from a lack of other, tangentially related mental traits.
It is like inferring how good someone is at drawing or math by how closely they fall on the autistic spectrum (strictly from questions about sociability).

If NTs are so 'empathic' then how come they have such a hard time feeling us?
Seems to me that 'empathy test' is just a word for NT test.
Or put another way, if you're NT then you're an empathic person (read good person).
If you're not then you're a cold person worthy of NTs scorn.

How, for example, does holding an audiences attention with what you have to say an un-empathic quality?
Seems to me that the NT who designed this test is someone who just doesn't like the spotlight stolen from them by someone that knows more than they do. And so they've devised a test intended to demonize such people as un-empathic.

The whole test seems like a way for NTs to just paint people they don't like as bad.

Quote:
I thought I was quite empathetic. Maybe I just don't realise what I miss.

OR maybe you should dispense with self flagellation and consider the possibility that you are being subjected to abuse by NTs working in the field of psychology.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 4:51 am

Is the issue really a low level of empathy, or simply communication differences between ND and NT individuals? I think NDs and NTs probably have similar levels of empathy, but if a person doesn't really have experience with a situation it may be hard to imagine that experience and then empathize. We all know how hard it is to get NTs to understand our anxiety, sensory issues, etc. They tell us we have low empathy because we're in the minority and there's more of them for us to misunderstand, so they feel they're right and we're wrong. But, that's not really fair or correct. We're supposed to have low empathy if we misunderstand them, but if an ND gets upset for not being heard or understood, this is called a "behavior issue," not lack of empathy on the NT's part. I think the truth is NTs can most easily empathize with NTs, and NDs can most easily empathize with NDs. Much of the language used to describe ASD is from an NT, not an ND, perspective, unfortunately.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 4:59 am

Your Empathy Quotient score was 28 out of a possible 80.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 5:43 am

I scored 18 out of 80. I would have preferred something a bit higher to be honest but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I get by with sitting in the corner and smiling and nodding when required.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

ms.utopia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2017, 12:11 am

Your Empathy Quotient score was 51 out of a possible 80.
Scores above 30 are generally not indicitive of an Autism Spectrum disorder.

Uhmm.. I think I had a problem recently because of my hyper-empathy since apparently not all people needed emphaty :(

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2017, 9:58 pm

I scored 21 , I'm quite shocked at that, I really thought I was OK with empathy but my score says not.

Luna035
Raven
Raven

22 Oct 2017, 6:58 am

HughDYork wrote:

My emphaty quotient is -100 :heart:

saimand
Raven
Raven

09 Nov 2017, 6:56 pm

25, well it seems like a good number

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2017, 7:11 pm

Quote:
Your Empathy Quotient score was 5 out of a possible 80.
Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

Wow that's pretty bad. I like to think I'm a nice person but apparently I really don't give a crap about anyone. :?

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 7:08 am

16/80... Seriously?
I knew I won't be getting anywhere near full store but its way lower than I expected. I though I will have like 20-30.
I guess I still have a long way to go. And here I thought I am quite empathic person, despite my problems with reading people. I mean... once I actually see/feel/understand whet the other person feels I feel for them deeply, as if their problem was my own problem. It just doesn't happen that often because I am too far in my own head to notice and I try not to because I tend to overinterpretate other people body language and tone of voice when I actually pay attention.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 7:17 am

Your Empathy Quotient score was 5 out of a possible 80.

Fair.

I scored this in November 2016, though.

racheypie666 wrote:
Your Empathy Quotient score was 16 out of a possible 80.

What happened :lol:

elenorh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2017, 8:17 am

Mine was 10!

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense --Dune, Frank Herbert

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 6:29 pm

I didn't take the test because I already know what my score would be: 0! I'm obviously an evil, heartless psychopath with no feelings for other human beings and it's only a matter of time before I massacre people! :twisted:

ConfusedVoice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2017, 8:22 pm

14. :(

Diagnosed with severe ADHD and High Functioning Aspergers.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 55 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)