Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 2:15 am

Do I have the highest?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 3:08 am

so much, that everybodies POV is valid(understandable) but not mine
for one it is lack of selfassurance/worth/defence, otoh it's being slightly out of body(center)
oh test, lets not, not only english is different thinking but also the mainstream perspective needed is not at all here

psychology is fashioning what to think, mindcontrol by magazine, for your latest suburbian standards

and the lazy thinking in all this shit-testing, alwaysthis-vs-alwaysthat :skull:

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2017, 4:26 am

Keladry wrote:
komamanga wrote:
14, oh no...

Mine was 12... :(

Im proud of you. Your great. Realy.

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2017, 4:27 am

komamanga wrote:
14, oh no...

Oh yeas. It is the great advantage! Congrates

DerrickR
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2017, 9:13 am

I got a 7. I see online tests as "for amusement only". :D

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2017, 9:35 am

DerrickR wrote:

new record :D Congrats :D

CageNietzsche
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2017, 12:00 pm

I'm new to essentially all of this. Not the spectrum, but actually talking about it. There was an argument between myself and some diagnosing psychiatrist about whether or not I am empathetic because of how I am. I am aware of feelings, know what people are trying to do and say (as much as someone can), and can see things from their emotional standpoint. I learned to read body language and microexpressions to understand. Other side of that, I don't relate. I don't feel what they do, even if it seems I'm trying to be helpful I only notice because it allows for less emotional drama later. I'm usually only nice about it if I think it will cause me more effort later to be myself. So am I empathetic, or just observant?

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2017, 12:11 pm

CageNietzsche wrote:
I'm new to essentially all of this. Not the spectrum, but actually talking about it. There was an argument between myself and some diagnosing psychiatrist about whether or not I am empathetic because of how I am. I am aware of feelings, know what people are trying to do and say (as much as someone can), and can see things from their emotional standpoint. I learned to read body language and microexpressions to understand. Other side of that, I don't relate. I don't feel what they do, even if it seems I'm trying to be helpful I only notice because it allows for less emotional drama later. I'm usually only nice about it if I think it will cause me more effort later to be myself. So am I empathetic, or just observant?

Observant i think.

CageNietzsche
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2017, 12:20 pm

Thank you HughDYork

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2017, 12:35 pm

komamanga wrote:
14, oh no...

10, so really not that emotional then!
Probably not a surprise to me, really. I seem to be getting less empathetic as I get older.

Black Spot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2017, 6:34 am

I got 28. I find it amazing that I'm usually considered a good shoulder to cry on. At parties, I quite like sitting back and watching people enjoy themselves - I don't have to join in. Small talk bores me death and I can't do it very well, or not for very long. I'm never late, more likely to be an hour early as I over plan everything. I don't like to see people in pain. People in public, like at bus stops etc tend to chat to me a lot - they do most of the talking. I must have that kind of face. I don't understand people who are jealous about anything.

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2017, 2:58 pm

DerrickR wrote:

Phew! Pleased about your 7. Now, I'm only the second least empathetic person who is not actually a sociopath.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 3:53 pm

I thought I was very emphatic when I was a child because I thought about other people's feelings all the time and it was very overwhelming and hurt soo much to guess what they were feeling. Recently I've come to a realization that it means the opposite.

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:48 pm

That's funny. I got a 23. Several of the questions though seem to have little to do with empathy. How does a big rollercoaster relate to human empathy exactly? And I am the one all my friends come to to talk because they know I won't judge them..... lol. but that only makes me stick out like more of a sore thumb doesn't it? :? :wink:

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

MartynRich
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2017, 6:09 am

13. Oh well.