HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2017, 6:03 am

MrTyn
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2017, 8:13 am

Your Empathy Quotient score was 21 out of a possible 80.

Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

Higher scores indicate greater levels of empathy.

But my comment on that is that I seem to be able to display the sort of empathy most people would expect, and I'm not always convinced that I'm being an adaptive phony in that respect. Some empathy really does seem to occur quite strongly, but it is undoubtedly a bit unpredictable in its occurrence.

Last edited by MrTyn on 18 Sep 2017, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 8:16 am

Quote:
Your Empathy Quotient score was 23 out of a possible 80.
Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

Well, okay... I like to think I'm a fairly empathetic person, though.

lazyflower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2017, 8:33 am

Scored 43 out of 80.
Apparently not on the autism spectrum then..

Not saying that I am, but have they not heard of hyper-empathy? It's actually quite common for people on the spectrum!

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2017, 9:12 am

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2017, 9:13 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
Quote:
Your Empathy Quotient score was 23 out of a possible 80.

Well, okay... I like to think I'm a fairly empathetic person, though.

:D Me too! :D

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2017, 9:14 am

lazyflower wrote:
Scored 43 out of 80.
Apparently not on the autism spectrum then..

Not saying that I am, but have they not heard of hyper-empathy? It's actually quite common for people on the spectrum!

oh,,, i've never heard about hyper -emphaty

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:39 pm

51, YAY!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:52 pm

I scored 31, but I'm actually one of those hyper-empathetic autistics. I always put other people's feelings above my own, and will often choose not to say anything for fear of saying the wrong thing and upsetting someone. I can even feel other people's emotions almost as if they were my own, but usually to a lesser extent than they feel them. But I didn't score super high on that test because I also have the usual poor social skills and stuff.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2017, 10:30 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I can even feel other people's emotions almost as if they were my own

How can it be possible. Can not understand.
Btw
I like your lovecraftian singnature
)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 10:43 am

HughDYork wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Btw
)

I can't really explain it, it just happens. Maybe it's something to do with changes in their electromagnetic fields - I can also sense people's presence, and I strongly suspect that's because I can feel people's electromagnetic fields. Some people just feel (closest word I have for the sensation, but it's not the same as physically touching something) good or unpleasant, too. I don't know, it's hard to explain to someone who doesn't feel these things - kind of like trying to explain what it's like to see to someone who's been blind from birth.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2017, 11:12 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
HughDYork wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Btw
)

I can't really explain it, it just happens. Maybe it's something to do with changes in their electromagnetic fields - I can also sense people's presence, and I strongly suspect that's because I can feel people's electromagnetic fields. Some people just feel (closest word I have for the sensation, but it's not the same as physically touching something) good or unpleasant, too. I don't know, it's hard to explain to someone who doesn't feel these things - kind of like trying to explain what it's like to see to someone who's been blind from birth.

Yeas it is hard to imagine. But let me ask you a question - so you can feel emotions of other human being, so can you read his hidden intetions for example or does he lie or not?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 12:24 pm

I scored 23 of 80. I sometimes doubt Dr. Baron-Cohen findings, since I'm usually able to emphathize with most people.

Lately, I've been wondering if the public at-large can emphasize with anything (which is why I've been. Evoking more withdrawn from the world.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:41 pm

HughDYork wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
HughDYork wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Btw
)

Yeas it is hard to imagine. But let me ask you a question - so you can feel emotions of other human being, so can you read his hidden intetions for example or does he lie or not?

No, I can't tell that, unless someone's lying about what they're feeling - like if they're upset but say they aren't. I suppose it's possible that if I was paying enough attention, I could tell if someone was feeling something one wouldn't expect in a situation because they were lying. I'm really only good at identifying basic emotions. I still have to sort through why someone's feeling a certain way, and I'm a lot less good at that.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:34 pm

14, oh no...

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 10:59 pm

komamanga wrote:
14, oh no...