Page 5 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 8:55 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Darkrose50 wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
I move 2-3x as much as the women who are serious about lifting.

So woman are 2/3 are strong as men on average. I wounder where your 2/3 strength-equivalent women are running around?

Man combined wight lifting record 473 kg (?)
Woman combined wight lifting record 348 kg kg (?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... ghtlifting

Records that were made by people on steroids(testosterone), which says absolutely nothing about the natural strength difference between males and females. Females naturally have much lower testosterone.

I have gone to the gym for years, it's just from observing what I see the regular females lifting.

Female competitive strength trainers seem to possess roughly 75% the strength of male competitive strength trainers. I cannot say for certain whether or not those females dope with testosterone or substances that convert to testosterone at some point.

As for average people, I believe the average female has roughly 25% to 75% of the strength of the average male with those who possess 25% being females who do no muscle building activities as compared to males who regularly engage in muscle building activities, and those who have 75% being females who engage in regular muscle building activities compared to smaller males who do not engage in muscle building activities.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 9:38 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Chronos wrote:
2. Not given the man pass: More harshly punished and criticized for workplace failures or mess ups.

3. Less likely to be included in career building social outings, or have access to mentors.

I work in a pre-dominately female environment (Public library) so I wonder if I have an unique perspective. My supervisor is a woman and so are her assistants. If I make a mistake, I almost immediately get a harsh lecture for it and I'll keep getting told "Don't forget about x" as if I constantly need to be reminded.

My supervisor, one of her assistants, and some of the other women have a "circle" and if you aren't in that circle, you are not spared being reprimanded from things like using your cellphone and using the internet despite how everyone in the circle uses their cellphones and does Google searching on the job. The harsh tones of voice I get in comparison to the tone the women give each other makes me wonder if they think because I am a man that I am supposed to "take it".

I've been at my job for ten years and I've never been promoted or offered a promotion. I've also only have been given two raises and the last one was for 20 cents.

Men in female dominated fields tend to earn more and be promoted faster than women in female dominated fields but if we saw more men enter female dominated fields, experiences such as yours may increase.

This is true.

My experience won't be taken seriously, though. SJW-type liberals will accuse me of whining because my supposed "privileges" are being denied and redneck-type conservatives will say I am "whipped".

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 9:50 pm

Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Chronos wrote:
2. Not given the man pass: More harshly punished and criticized for workplace failures or mess ups.

3. Less likely to be included in career building social outings, or have access to mentors.

I work in a pre-dominately female environment (Public library) so I wonder if I have an unique perspective. My supervisor is a woman and so are her assistants. If I make a mistake, I almost immediately get a harsh lecture for it and I'll keep getting told "Don't forget about x" as if I constantly need to be reminded.

My supervisor, one of her assistants, and some of the other women have a "circle" and if you aren't in that circle, you are not spared being reprimanded from things like using your cellphone and using the internet despite how everyone in the circle uses their cellphones and does Google searching on the job. The harsh tones of voice I get in comparison to the tone the women give each other makes me wonder if they think because I am a man that I am supposed to "take it".

I've been at my job for ten years and I've never been promoted or offered a promotion. I've also only have been given two raises and the last one was for 20 cents.

Men in female dominated fields tend to earn more and be promoted faster than women in female dominated fields but if we saw more men enter female dominated fields, experiences such as yours may increase.

This is true.

My experience won't be taken seriously, though. SJW-type liberals will accuse me of whining because my supposed "privileges" are being denied and redneck-type conservatives will say I am "whipped".

I should correct myself - we all get paid the same, however, in nursing school and on the job I find men to become the "pets". On the Tele unit I'm on, there are more men so it's not as prevalent, but in school it was bad.

Where I used to work, there was a "circle" there too, which I was not a part of because I didn't drink and party and do Facebook. I'm a Conservative - which has nothing to do with it and I'm tired of hearing that crap. I had a very bad experience at that place of employment - so "NEWSFLASH" it doesn't all just happen to you. I'm an NT btw.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 10:02 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Chronos wrote:

This is true.

I should correct myself - we all get paid the same, however, in nursing school and on the job I find men to become the "pets". On the Tele unit I'm on, there are more men so it's not as prevalent, but in school it was bad.

Where I used to work, there was a "circle" there too, which I was not a part of because I didn't drink and party and do Facebook. I'm a Conservative - which has nothing to do with it and I'm tired of hearing that crap. I had a very bad experience at that place of employment - so "NEWSFLASH" it doesn't all just happen to you. I'm an NT btw.

I didn't claim I was the only one. Some of the people outside the "circle" have mentioned getting the bad end of the stick to me. I was just pointing out how both the factions I mentioned do not support me but reject me. I am too "normal" for liberals and too "weird" for conservatives.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 10:37 pm

Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Chronos wrote:

This is true.

I didn't claim I was the only one. Some of the people outside the "circle" have mentioned getting the bad end of the stick to me. I was just pointing out how both the factions I mentioned do not support me but reject me. I am too "normal" for liberals and too "weird" for conservatives.

That's all in your own head. If I thought Aspies were "too weird", why am I still here? When I was banned from here, I found a Conservative site I was on for awhile, and where did I end up? Here, that's where. I guess I don't like change.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 11:03 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Chronos wrote:

This is true.

That's all in your own head. If I thought Aspies were "too weird", why am I still here? When I was banned from here, I found a Conservative site I was on for awhile, and where did I end up? Here, that's where. I guess I don't like change.

I'm not done. One other thing, I had 7 Democratic friends for 25 years where I was the only Republican and we still would have been friends, but a few of them were intolerant of me for my Republican status. I had to end the friendship after one got drunk and wanted to kill me. It depends on each person - I'm tolerant of Democrats until they push me too far. I get along with them just fine - until they call me a bunch of names just like my ex-friend did. What I'm saying is that it all depends on how each person wants to act. They shouldn't just get a bad rap because they are either Republican or Democrat - it's how they conduct themselves. I've only gotten along with one person on here who is not Conservative and we don't agree on a lot of political views, but I will always think of him as a real sweetie pie. :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 12:22 am

Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Chronos wrote:

This is true.

Are these women older than you?

My first job was in an office full of older women and I hated it. They talked down to me because I was younger. The internal politics made no sense to me. I only lasted 6 months.

They probably see you as the youngster they need to boss around. It probably makes them feel important.

I get on better working with men. But I'm in a more intellectual environment now and get along well with my female colleagues.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 12:44 am

hurtloam wrote:
Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Marknis wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Chronos wrote:

This is true.

Are these women older than you?

My first job was in an office full of older women and I hated it. They talked down to me because I was younger. The internal politics made no sense to me. I only lasted 6 months.

They probably see you as the youngster they need to boss around. It probably makes them feel important.

I get on better working with men. But I'm in a more intellectual environment now and get along well with my female colleagues.

Indeed they are. They are mostly older and bitter married or divorced older women.

I really hate my life. I have been deprived of potential girlfriends in so many ways. Most of my male friends had no sisters, few of my family's friende had daughters or nieces, and the same goes for my therapist.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 1:29 pm

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I assume a lot of women see other females in the same way I do as well?

Lol. Theory of mind issue right here.

Just because you see something a certain way doesn't mean other people do.

Do you really believe that women are generally more attracted to each other than they are to men?

It's not impossible

Most women, like most men, are heterosexual.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... aight.html

Umm even THAT is questionable about you, you mysterious aliens from venus. :lol:

Quote:
Dr Rieger said: "Even though the majority of women identify as straight, our research clearly demonstrates that when it comes to what turns them on, they are either bisexual or gay, but never straight."

Getting aroused by two naked women having sex doesn't really indicate real heterosexuality.

There's a social pressure to be heterosexual.

Jeez, you seriously don't know what you want, you live your lives without even knowing your true sexual orientation. :|

"The results, which were based on elements such as whether their pupils dilated in response to sexual stimuli, showed that 82% of the women tested were aroused by both sexes"

In other words, they decided what physiological responses indicate a woman is sexually aroused, rather than actually asking the woman herself. The very obvious problem here is they making assumptions about what physiological responses are associated with what emotions, perceptions and experiences. I recall I once read a study which claimed that women experience a sexual thrill when they win on a slot machine. Of course they never asked a woman if this was the case. They made their conclusions based on the fact that they detected electrical activity in the groin region when women hit the jack pot. Any woman who has experienced this can tell you, it's not sexual arousal. There's a nerve that runs from the groin to the belly button....this is why some people experience pain in their groin when they jam a Q tip into their belly button. This nerve just gets a burst of electrical activity in response to adrenaline, but it's not sexual.

If straight women get turned on by seeing other women engaged in sex acts, then it's probably a result of mirror neurons and not an actual attraction to the woman. In other words, the woman see's the other woman and envisions herself. The same reason that adult films aimed at heterosexual men have men in them (and the reason boys tend to draw male genitalia on everything?).

People lie when they get asked directly or even lie to themselves.

The body may be more honest.

Also your mirror neuron theory doesn't explain why heterosexual men don't get horny over gay porn.

You can't assume that all scientists are too idiot to take this in consideration.

"Mirror neurons are a group of gray matter neural cells stimulated by the observation of an activity, which enables the observer to imitate the movement (2). In humans, these neurons are located in the premotor and intraparietal cortex (3). Neuroanatomy of the mirror neuron system is different in males and females."

So explain me, mirroring would mean you feel as if you are in the place of the porn actress, why women would get horny over the idea of having sex with another woman if they don't have an innate bisexuality?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 9:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Do you really believe that women are generally more attracted to each other than they are to men?

It's not impossible

Umm even THAT is questionable about you, you mysterious aliens from venus. :lol:

Quote:
Dr Rieger said: "Even though the majority of women identify as straight, our research clearly demonstrates that when it comes to what turns them on, they are either bisexual or gay, but never straight."

Getting aroused by two naked women having sex doesn't really indicate real heterosexuality.

Jeez, you seriously don't know what you want, you live your lives without even knowing your true sexual orientation. :|

"The results, which were based on elements such as whether their pupils dilated in response to sexual stimuli, showed that 82% of the women tested were aroused by both sexes"

In other words, they decided what physiological responses indicate a woman is sexually aroused, rather than actually asking the woman herself. The very obvious problem here is they making assumptions about what physiological responses are associated with what emotions, perceptions and experiences. I recall I once read a study which claimed that women experience a sexual thrill when they win on a slot machine. Of course they never asked a woman if this was the case. They made their conclusions based on the fact that they detected electrical activity in the groin region when women hit the jack pot. Any woman who has experienced this can tell you, it's not sexual arousal. There's a nerve that runs from the groin to the belly button....this is why some people experience pain in their groin when they jam a Q tip into their belly button. This nerve just gets a burst of electrical activity in response to adrenaline, but it's not sexual.

If straight women get turned on by seeing other women engaged in sex acts, then it's probably a result of mirror neurons and not an actual attraction to the woman. In other words, the woman see's the other woman and envisions herself. The same reason that adult films aimed at heterosexual men have men in them (and the reason boys tend to draw male genitalia on everything?).

Also your mirror neuron theory doesn't explain why heterosexual men don't get horny over gay porn.

You can't assume that all scientists are too idiot to take this in consideration.

"Mirror neurons are a group of gray matter neural cells stimulated by the observation of an activity, which enables the observer to imitate the movement (2). In humans, these neurons are located in the premotor and intraparietal cortex (3). Neuroanatomy of the mirror neuron system is different in males and females."

So explain me, mirroring would mean you feel as if you are in the place of the porn actress, why women would get horny over the idea of having sex with another woman if they don't have an innate bisexuality?

I don't know the stats on straight males' response to gay pornography but, as I said, they draw penises on everything and have been since antiquity...why?

If women did get more aroused in said situation, perhaps the experts are correct that (NT) women, on average have more empathy than men.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 10:29 pm

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

It's not impossible

Quote:

I don't know the stats on straight males' response to gay pornography but, as I said, they draw penises on everything and have been since antiquity...why?

If women did get more aroused in said situation, perhaps the experts are correct that (NT) women, on average have more empathy than men.

There is no way in hell that women have more empathy than men. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 12:19 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

It's not impossible

Quote:

Check the studies again, straight men don't get aroused over gay porn, they are really straight.

And what empathy has anything to do with all that?

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2017, 1:09 am

Many women have rape fantasies yet they don't want to get raped.
Just because they get horny watching some female action it doesn't mean they are bi.
Or what about me, I watched some gay porn, it was arousing but it doesn't make me a gay man. :lol:

And to reply to the OP.
Mst of the time is great to be a woman, the only it it sucks at summertime when you need to shave your legs :P

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 1:18 am

Now the real answer to this:

Quote:
Why being a woman must suck at times

For her being the woman, she must suck at times to please her man, otherwise she won't receive any cunnilingus in return anymore!

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 1:45 am

wanderlust77 wrote:
Many women have rape fantasies yet they don't want to get raped.
Just because they get horny watching some female action it doesn't mean they are bi.
Or what about me, I watched some gay porn, it was arousing but it doesn't make me a gay man. :lol:

And to reply to the OP.
Mst of the time is great to be a woman, the only it it sucks at summertime when you need to shave your legs :P

This I can sympathize with. Believe it or not but I haven't felt like I missed out on anything by not shaving them. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 5:53 pm

I think some people here have been watching too many Tropicana commercials.