Why being a woman must suck at times!

Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Darkrose50
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Sep 2017, 11:58 am

Closet Genious wrote:
I move 2-3x as much as the women who are serious about lifting.

So woman are 2/3 are strong as men on average. I wounder where your 2/3 strength-equivalent women are running around?

Man combined wight lifting record 473 kg (?)
Woman combined wight lifting record 348 kg kg (?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... ghtlifting

Last edited by Darkrose50 on 20 Sep 2017, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 11:59 am

If a woman has a platonic friendship with a man,people always assume they are a couple.One of my few friends is male and once in a blue moon we get together do something.People ask if he's my BF.Why can't people realize men and women can be friends without sex being involved?? :?

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 12:02 pm

Misslizard wrote:
If a woman has a platonic friendship with a man,people always assume they are a couple.One of my few friends is male and once in a blue moon we get together do something.People ask if he's my BF.Why can't people realize men and women can be friends without sex being involved?? :?

Sadly, sex is something that has become apart of our culture. It certainly feels inescapable.

Darkrose50

20 Sep 2017, 12:02 pm

Misslizard wrote:

I went to the store to pick up a TV with a friend who is a girl (her dad is some famous engineer that designs TV's). She remarked that everyone must think that we were married. It was an odd sensation.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 12:12 pm

Darkrose50 wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

So woman are 2/3 are strong as men on average. I wounder where your 2/3 strength-equivalent women are running around?

Records that were made by people on steroids(testosterone), which says absolutely nothing about the natural strength difference between males and females. Females naturally have much lower testosterone.

I have gone to the gym for years, it's just from observing what I see the regular females lifting.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 1:29 pm

I'm glad I'm not a regular *cough* female than. Also, I identify as male so don't call me anything that has to do with the female sex.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 1:36 pm

Being a woman sucks at times because of threads like this. I'm glad I look masculine. Fat masculine, but nice and masculine none the less.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 2:14 pm

Misslizard wrote:

It's not the norm so it's wierd same as people don't accept aspies as we are strange to them. People don't like strange things.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 2:54 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
My opinions on why being a woman must really suck at times

1. There are not as many physically attractive men out there compared to women

2.having unattractive men chase after you

3. Having more bisexual feeling towards your own gender

Do you think I am right in my opinion or not?

But most women love unattractive men.

Look at most of the men that women walk around with everyday - 90% of them are pretty ugly.

You might be one of the rare one of us that likes attractive men. :D

But most of us women don't. We like men who are jerks, even if they're ugly jerks. Doesn't matter.

"Look at most of the men that women walk around with everyday - 90% of them are pretty ugly."

I'm still depressed and don't feel like talking much, however, this is true I must say (Imo). Most women can always look good with cosmetics and hair color.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 3:00 pm

hurtloam wrote:
This thread is in L&D.

I do wonder if we should keep it to this love and dating context.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 3:04 pm

Chronos wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
This thread is in L&D.

As far as love and dating goes, I would say the fact that, on the topic of love and dating, women are values for their beauty and youth, and while someone can do something about beauty to some extent, one can't stop themselves from aging.

But the fact that men are most attracted to 20 year old women doesn't bother me because I recognize that as deeply ingrained by evolution rather than a social problem that one can be held accountable for. I do have a problem with those men who won't date a woman their age or only slightly older though. I know a woman who was 4 years older than her boyfriend and became pregnant by him. He then dumped her, told her she should get an abortion, and that she was too old for him, despite that fact that it was only 4 years, and he was fine with the age difference before she became pregnant. But I do believe he is a jerk among men, and certainly the exception. It's unfortunate though that she didn't discover this before she slept with him.

There's also the fact that sex is invasive for women and may not result in the pleasure that it does for men, women are expected to put out, but are also shamed for doing so, and then the men who respond violently to rejection, though I mentioned that.

Men who only date younger women nauseate me. However, I would like to date a younger Hunny. :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

Phrygian

20 Sep 2017, 3:07 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Chronos wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
This thread is in L&D.

As far as love and dating goes, I would say the fact that, on the topic of love and dating, women are values for their beauty and youth, and while someone can do something about beauty to some extent, one can't stop themselves from aging.

But the fact that men are most attracted to 20 year old women doesn't bother me because I recognize that as deeply ingrained by evolution rather than a social problem that one can be held accountable for. I do have a problem with those men who won't date a woman their age or only slightly older though. I know a woman who was 4 years older than her boyfriend and became pregnant by him. He then dumped her, told her she should get an abortion, and that she was too old for him, despite that fact that it was only 4 years, and he was fine with the age difference before she became pregnant. But I do believe he is a jerk among men, and certainly the exception. It's unfortunate though that she didn't discover this before she slept with him.

There's also the fact that sex is invasive for women and may not result in the pleasure that it does for men, women are expected to put out, but are also shamed for doing so, and then the men who respond violently to rejection, though I mentioned that.

Men who only date younger women nauseate me. However, I would like to date a younger Hunny. :mrgreen:

That's hilarious.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 3:09 pm

Chronos wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Chronos wrote:
2. Not given the man pass: More harshly punished and criticized for workplace failures or mess ups.

3. Less likely to be included in career building social outings, or have access to mentors.

I work in a pre-dominately female environment (Public library) so I wonder if I have an unique perspective. My supervisor is a woman and so are her assistants. If I make a mistake, I almost immediately get a harsh lecture for it and I'll keep getting told "Don't forget about x" as if I constantly need to be reminded.

My supervisor, one of her assistants, and some of the other women have a "circle" and if you aren't in that circle, you are not spared being reprimanded from things like using your cellphone and using the internet despite how everyone in the circle uses their cellphones and does Google searching on the job. The harsh tones of voice I get in comparison to the tone the women give each other makes me wonder if they think because I am a man that I am supposed to "take it".

I've been at my job for ten years and I've never been promoted or offered a promotion. I've also only have been given two raises and the last one was for 20 cents.

Men in female dominated fields tend to earn more and be promoted faster than women in female dominated fields but if we saw more men enter female dominated fields, experiences such as yours may increase.

This is true.

Darn, I flunked.

Vendetta
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Sep 2017, 4:09 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Since when?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 6:07 pm

Vendetta wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Since when?

I think there are lots of men who are good looking. If I wasn't trans, I'd date them.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 8:55 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Darkrose50 wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

Records that were made by people on steroids(testosterone), which says absolutely nothing about the natural strength difference between males and females. Females naturally have much lower testosterone.

I have gone to the gym for years, it's just from observing what I see the regular females lifting.

Female competitive strength trainers seem to possess roughly 75% the strength of male competitive strength trainers. I cannot say for certain whether or not those females dope with testosterone or substances that convert to testosterone at some point.

As for average people, I believe the average female has roughly 25% to 75% of the strength of the average male with those who possess 25% being females who do no muscle building activities as compared to males who regularly engage in muscle building activities, and those who have 75% being females who engage in regular muscle building activities compared to smaller males who do not engage in muscle building activities.