The thought of getting a job makes me anxious

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:02 am

I want to get a job someday, but thinking of getting a job makes me anxious. I think that there will be a lot of people where I would maybe work, and I would have to work after school too, which means I would have limited time to talk to people online. :/ Any advice about how to tackle this?

With all curiousity,

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 18, 2017)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 3:07 pm

The working world can be daunting to Aspies. I have a part-time job, but I get along with everybody there so it's OK.

I assume you want a job between your school hours because you want to earn a bit of money. Maybe just look for a job that's just a small amount of hours, a couple of days a week, that you can do after school, like a cleaning job or something. Chances are you're less likely to have to mix with people when in a cleaning job.
I know it isn't much but it'd be a start, and you will have a bit of money in your pocket.
If talking to people online is something you like to do in your free time, getting a part-time job for only 2 or 3 afternoons a week will still allow you to have your free time as well, so that you can still spend most your free time online.

Good luck. :D

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 11:25 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
I want to get a job someday, but thinking of getting a job makes me anxious. I think that there will be a lot of people where I would maybe work, and I would have to work after school too, which means I would have limited time to talk to people online. :/ Any advice about how to tackle this?

With all curiousity,

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 18, 2017)

My first three work experiences were horrible and my last three have been good. As far as talking to people online goes, it's fine to do so, however you should not neglect to develop your offline social skills.