What was school like for you? Did your teachers like you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 11:03 am

I was in school before there even was a diagnosis, so I was just regarded as weird. Teachers tended to either really like or really hate me.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 12:22 pm

Some teachers have absolutely hated me in the past, but some of my teachers really like me. I am kind of like that teacher's pet type of kid who rarely talks in class. I never raise my hand or anything like that. That being said, some teachers enjoy that type of behavior, I guess! I am good friends with certain teachers. Here is how my entire school career so far has gone:

Preschool- I never talked to any of the other kids except for one person in my last year (I went to 3 years of nursery school), and I would just prefer to read my book in a corner :lol: . I never smiled at school for some reason either. I remember I learned how to spell the word "purple" there, so I actually learned some stuff too! My teachers were generally okay.

Kindergarten- I moved halfway through the year, but in my first class, it was basically the same as preschool. I had one (kind of) friendship with this one girl. We never talked to one another, but we took turns going down the slide at recess! I really enjoyed that class because my teacher let me read whatever I wanted. I was alone most of the day immersed in a book or doing some educational thing on the computer, and it was awesome. In the second class I was in (after I moved), kids actually came up to me and wanted to be my friend. I had two friends that year, and they were both quiet, timid people like me. As for learning, I didn't get to read as much in that class, but it was okay. The teacher I had was nice.

Primary school (years 1-6)- I had a pretty good time in primary school. I was friends with two boys for the majority of the time until they randomly stopped talking to me. I learned quite a lot, and some of the stuff I thought I would never use has actually helped me today LOL. My teachers were awesome for the most part.

Middle school (years 7 and 8)- I am still in middle school currently, but it has been pretty great for me, which is good as I know a lot of people have a really rough time in middle school. If you took away my OCD, then it might be perfect, but we don't always get what we want :D ! I actually was able to make some friends last year, and they have still stuck with me this year. I even made a new friend at the camp I went to this summer. I sit with my new friend and another friend at lunch, as well as all their other friends which is pretty nice except for how crowded it is. I still say hi to my favorite teacher all the time and I am going to join his club. My new teachers aren't all great, and my homeroom teacher yells quite a lot! My math teacher is okay though, and I am learning a lot this year. I am waiting to see if I get into an orchestra group that I have auditioned for. My school is great about stopping bullying, and it is something that has been stressed ever since we stepped foot in school. Nobody really gets bullied, which is great. People get left out of stuff (I am sometimes one of them), but other than that it is a pretty amazing school. A lot of kids at my school have ASD, so we kind of all group together, as most of my friends are autistic/OCD themselves.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2017, 2:19 pm

I don't know if my teachers liked me. I wasn't a generally a behavioural problem though one time I grabbed a bunch of poison ivy and wiped it on a kid after he said "me too" when I told him I was not allergic..hospital trip for him. Oh and I think I bit someone and broke skin...another hospital trip. It was a private school so bullying was never an issue. I don't remember having any friends. I kept to myself. I followed the rules, though I often was not paying attention (usually reading a non-school book). Kids behind me would usually smack me to get my attention when the teacher would call my name because I would be so deep. Depending on my level of interest I got one of two grades, A or F and the comments on my report cards usually read "Kevin would be a straight A student if he even half tried". That was me until 10th grade when I got kicked out of my house. I got into drugs and had lots of "friends" and caused problems at school and got kicked out twice so I'm pretty sure they did not like me. Lol...wow...memories.

wolventears
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2017, 9:24 pm

School was meh for me, I liked it til I was 16 afterwards, I had to do many presentations in topics, I didn't care about.

I dropped out of university.

Most teachers liked me or pretended to like me because I was "nice" in class.