Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Awtoman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2017, 2:19 am

I spent two frigging hours typing out my biography as an aspie. I was honest. I took the time to remember. I poured my heart into it. I wasn't done. I copied it a few times in case something happened. Unbeknownst to me, my cord became unplugged and my screen faded to black with no warning. I plugged it back in, but EVERYTHING I typed here and saved was gone. ****! 15 paragraphs GONE! And when I tried to right click and paste, that too was gone!

Normal or Autistic, I can't imagine not being pissed off at that!

Not the first post I wanted to make........

Tom

shadowtag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2017, 12:09 pm

Welcome. Sorry to hear about the loss of the introduction you worked on, it can indeed be maddening when you lose something you've spent so much time and effort writing, I can relate to the experience...

Anywho, inspite of that, I hope you find this site of benefit to you.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 12:16 pm

Awtoman wrote:
I spent two frigging hours typing out my biography as an aspie. I was honest. I took the time to remember. I poured my heart into it. I wasn't done. I copied it a few times in case something happened. Unbeknownst to me, my cord became unplugged and my screen faded to black with no warning. I plugged it back in, but EVERYTHING I typed here and saved was gone. ****! 15 paragraphs GONE! And when I tried to right click and paste, that too was gone!

If you have copied, why not reload from the copy?

I assume you're using some version of Microsoft Word for this project. IIRC, Word should be able to recover what you typed since it last wrote to the disk. Have you tried reopening that file?

Tom[/quote]

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 2:45 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 11:09 am

Awtoman wrote:

Tom

I'm sorry to hear that! :( I hope you can make a better biography of yourself! Don't give up on it, I think that's a good idea doing what you were attempting to do! ;)

Good luck to you with re-writing your biography!

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 20, 2017)

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 8:27 am

Hi - Mine's inclined to be an accept/hate relationship. I don't have to unplug it for it to loose my work, and I know it's looking down on me, but without it I would have no contact with other people on the spectrum.