Violent reaction to police shootings St. Louis, Georgia Tech

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:00 am

St. Louis officers chant ‘whose streets, our streets’ while arresting protesters

Quote:
After a third night of violence and unrest in St. Louis, about 100 protesters marched in silence along downtown streets Monday during the morning rush hour. Once they reached City Hall, the silence gave way to chants for justice.

The city has been marked by protests since Friday, when former police officer Jason Stockley was acquitted on charges of murdering a black motorist after a police chase in 2011. Stockley is white.

Overnight Sunday, police arrested more than 80 people after a peaceful protest turned violent as night fell. In a concentrated area downtown, some protesters smashed windows and overturned trash cans, while others threw chemicals and rocks at police, authorities said.

“After the demonstration, organizers announced that the daytime protest was over,” Mayor Lyda Krewson said in news conference at about 1 a.m. Monday. “But a group of agitators stayed behind, apparently intent on breaking windows and destroying property.”

According to local media, about 1,000 people had gathered outside a downtown police station before sunset and marched peacefully before nightfall. The violence appeared to erupt about 8 p.m. as a small group broke away and began smashing windows at several businesses.

3 arrested in Georgia Tech protests after vigil for student killed by police

Quote:
After a peaceful vigil for the student, Scout Schultz, a group of about 50 protesters marched to the Georgia Tech Police Department.

"One police vehicle was damaged and two officers suffered minor injuries," University spokesman Lance Wallace said in a statement. "One officer was transported to Grady Hospital with minor injuries."
The Atlanta Police Department and Georgia State University Police Department "helped restore order relatively quickly," officials said.

The protests come after police over the weekend shot and killed Schultz, a 21-year-old student.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 11:39 am

as*holes through a brick or rock thru the window at Blueberry Hill in St.Louis.Not cool.That place is awesome.Hopefully Schlaflys wasn't harmed.lol
The idiots that did the damage showed up to do just that,AFTER the peaceful protest.