Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 9:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Well you see, it's like Watergate, which took years to prove. You know, just like they're saying all the time about zero proof so far from the Mueller investigation.

It's only fair to afford Trump vs Obama as much time as Mueller vs Trump in producing any actual evidence.

The difference is, the Watergate scandal had been investigated by legitimate news sources (Woodward and Bernstein), which uncovered legitimate evidence. In this current Trump/Russia situation, legitimate law enforcement had found members of Trump's team having hidden associations with Putin's intelligence apparatus. Trump's claims that he was wire tapped by Obama arose solely from actual fake news, like Infowars, and Breitbart, sources completely lacking credibility.

Both have zero evidence. The idea with Trump/Russia is it's supposed to be given as many years as Watergate took to produce anything solid. The allotment of years to be given to produce factual evidence is the focal point. I'm not the one who set that marker. But what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Trump should be granted years to prove his wiretapping claims.

Then let him. But I wouldn't hold my breath for Trump finding anything, as he knows it isn't true.

I wouldn't hold my breath or have bated regarding Trump or Mueller finding anything of significance.

Why then are Trump and his people acting so scared? It's called consciousness of guilt.

I believe it's called reacting. And of course that's being interpreted as a sign of guilt. If there was no reaction instead, that also would be interpreted as a sign of guilt.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:10 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Well you see, it's like Watergate, which took years to prove. You know, just like they're saying all the time about zero proof so far from the Mueller investigation.

It's only fair to afford Trump vs Obama as much time as Mueller vs Trump in producing any actual evidence.

The difference is, the Watergate scandal had been investigated by legitimate news sources (Woodward and Bernstein), which uncovered legitimate evidence. In this current Trump/Russia situation, legitimate law enforcement had found members of Trump's team having hidden associations with Putin's intelligence apparatus. Trump's claims that he was wire tapped by Obama arose solely from actual fake news, like Infowars, and Breitbart, sources completely lacking credibility.

Both have zero evidence. The idea with Trump/Russia is it's supposed to be given as many years as Watergate took to produce anything solid. The allotment of years to be given to produce factual evidence is the focal point. I'm not the one who set that marker. But what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Trump should be granted years to prove his wiretapping claims.

Then let him. But I wouldn't hold my breath for Trump finding anything, as he knows it isn't true.

I wouldn't hold my breath or have bated regarding Trump or Mueller finding anything of significance.

Why then are Trump and his people acting so scared? It's called consciousness of guilt.

I believe it's called reacting. And of course that's being interpreted as a sign of guilt. If there was no reaction instead, that also would be interpreted as a sign of guilt.

Remember how Obama hadn't been all that concerned about that birther idiocy spouted by Trump and his white nationalist friends? And that was because there was nothing to any of that racist idiocy. So yeah, if Trump has nothing to worry about, then he and his people have no reason to freak out.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:05 am

...I recall that (You proablly.know this, KK, I am just putting this out there.) it tends to be thought that Nixon '72's motivation for the dirty tricks.on the Dems was a desire to sink the chances.of the seen as " more electable " Edmund Muskie, from Maine.
Also, it tends to be thought that Nixon suffered from a lack of confidenve about the fact that he had only won a plurality, not a.majority, of 1968 voters. (I suppose Wallace's '68 candidacy was fatal to Humphrey - Absent him, there were probably eough Caucasian Southerners still around in '68 who had been raised to never never never never vote for Lincoln's lot that they would have instictively pulled D.and HHH woulda squeaked thru - I gurss? By '72 that had changed, with the Rs' " Southern Strategy ". and more besides, bringing Bubbas over plus the social turmoil of '69-'72 and the Dems nominating as lefty a candidate as McGovern.)

tiekortie"]The official "Watergate investigation" started right after the Watergate burglary itself. I mean: literally minutes after it!

It didn't take "years" for Watergate to be proven. It was pretty well "proven" by about June of 1973. John Dean let the cat out of the bag LOL

Nixon had the 1972 election in the bag; it was stupid of him and his lieutenants to even conceive of doing something like Watergate.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Remember how Obama hadn't been all that concerned about that birther idiocy spouted by Trump and his white nationalist friends? And that was because there was nothing to any of that racist idiocy. So yeah, if Trump has nothing to worry about, then he and his people have no reason to freak out.

There was a huge FBI investigation against Obama and his staff over the birther issue? Seems a false equivalency don't you think?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 9:29 am

...Trump spent years and years beating the birther thing, what about thar? IIRC, state legislators intrduced " candidates must show their birth certificates " bills. Oh, BTW, remember Trumo saying his lawyers had " found out tbingz you wouldn't BELIEVE! " regarding the birther thing? What was up with that? We're stil waiting for that stuff you wouldn't believe, incidentally... :D

e="Kraichgauer"]

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Remember how Obama hadn't been all that concerned about that birther idiocy spouted by Trump and his white nationalist friends? And that was because there was nothing to any of that racist idiocy. So yeah, if Trump has nothing to worry about, then he and his people have no reason to freak out.[/quote]

There was a huge FBI investigation against Obama and his staff over the birther issue? Seems a false equivalency don't you think?[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:48 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

There was a huge FBI investigation against Obama and his staff over the birther issue? Seems a false equivalency don't you think?

What ASS-P said.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:02 pm

OBAMA'S WATERGATE

Six months later, CNN confirms what was widely reported — and ignored on the left — last March.

Vladimir Putin did not hack the election. Barack Obama did.

Donald Trump said earlier this year that the Obama Administration wiretapped his campaign. “Like I’d want to hear more from that fool?” President Obama scoffed.

But CNN reported on Monday, “US investigators wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret court orders before and after the election…. The government snooping continued into early this year, including a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.”

The network labeled their story an exclusive. But, in fact, Breitbart, radio host Mark Levin, the realDonaldTrump Twitter account, and numerous other sources reported the wiretapping more than six months ago.

https://spectator.org/obamas-watergate/

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:30 pm

Darmok wrote:
OBAMA'S WATERGATE

Six months later, CNN confirms what was widely reported — and ignored on the left — last March.

Donald Trump said earlier this year that the Obama Administration wiretapped his campaign. “Like I’d want to hear more from that fool?” President Obama scoffed.

But CNN reported on Monday, “US investigators wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret court orders before and after the election…. The government snooping continued into early this year, including a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.”

The network labeled their story an exclusive. But, in fact, Breitbart, radio host Mark Levin, the realDonaldTrump Twitter account, and numerous other sources reported the wiretapping more than six months ago.

Did you consider that there might have been a legitimate reason for investigating Manafort? The fact that the guy had worked as Putin's American fixer in Ukraine reveals just how shady he is. And if I recall, Manafort - just like Flynn - was an unregistered agent of Russia. This was much more likely to have been a legitimate criminal investigation rather than political espionage.
And the source of the reporting is hardly something to inspire trust.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
What ASS-P said.

What did he say? Because A. I didn't understand the wording and B. it didn't seem germane to my comment.

You said Obama acted lackadaisical towards birther accusations. I replied that seems a false equivalency compared to reacting to a full scale FBI investigation with a special prosecutor involved.

Some people claim that if the FBI lead by a special prosecutor came after them, they would act apathetic if they had nothing to hide, but I think that's likely BS.

On the flip side, I've read along the lines of "the (guilty) defendant showed no emotion" many times it seems.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What ASS-P said.

What did he say? Because A. I didn't understand the wording and B. it didn't seem germane to my comment.

You said Obama acted lackadaisical towards birther accusations. I replied that seems a false equivalency compared to reacting to a full scale FBI investigation with a special prosecutor involved.

Some people claim that if the FBI lead by a special prosecutor came after them, they would act apathetic if they had nothing to hide, but I think that's likely BS.

On the flip side, I've read along the lines of "the defendant showed no emotion" many times it seems.

His point was, Trump had spread the birther lie over the whole media spectrum so that something-that-never-was had been reported on almost daily. On top of that, racist politicians at the federal and state level ran with this crap by trying to pass laws forbidding candidates from running for President if they did not show their birth certificates. I would think that an all out racist lie used to delegitimize one's Presidency would be more than a little disconcerting.
Consciousness of guilt isn't just implied by anxiety over being investigated, but also because Trump and company had gone out of their way to hide their Russian connections and meetings.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 5:22 pm

Darmok wrote:
OBAMA'S WATERGATE

When you don't disclose you're lobbying for a foreign government you're going to be investigated. Not to mention this was Manafort's second offense on that front, his first was all the way back in 2014 (lobbying for Turkey then), well before Trump even announced he was running. Again, a FISA warrant must be signed off by a judge, meaning twice a judge saw enough evidence to invoke probable cause.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 8:25 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What ASS-P said.

On the flip side, I've read along the lines of "the defendant showed no emotion" many times it seems.

His point was, Trump had spread the birther lie over the whole media spectrum so that something-that-never-was had been reported on almost daily. On top of that, racist politicians at the federal and state level ran with this crap by trying to pass laws forbidding candidates from running for President if they did not show their birth certificates. I would think that an all out racist lie used to delegitimize one's Presidency would be more than a little disconcerting.
Consciousness of guilt isn't just implied by anxiety over being investigated, but also because Trump and company had gone out of their way to hide their Russian connections and meetings.

The issue was naturalized citizenship. Not being black. They weren't trying to pass laws against black people from running. When it comes to the issue of being a naturalized citizen, I believe Arnold Schwarzenegger usually came first to mind. I'll bet without looking it up, that was used against him in becoming governor of California.

With all the needless phobic paranoia and hysteria over Russia, I'd want to hide any connections I had with them also. That part is hardly difficult to figure out. I mean look at how batshit people have acted regarding any connections whatsoever no matter how innocuous they might be.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 9:41 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What ASS-P said.

The issue was naturalized citizenship. Not being black. They weren't trying to pass laws against black people from running. When it comes to the issue of being a naturalized citizen, I believe Arnold Schwarzenegger usually came first to mind. I'll bet without looking it up, that was used against him in becoming governor of California.

With all the needless phobic paranoia and hysteria over Russia, I'd want to hide any connections I had with them also. That part is hardly difficult to figure out. I mean look at how batshit people have acted regarding any connections whatsoever no matter how innocuous they might be.

Racism was the whole of the birther matter. Nobody seriously doubted Obama wasn't born In Hawaii; it's just that they wanted to delegitimize him as much as possible. And why would they go after his place of birth, unless they could spread the lie he was born in Kenya. And no, I don't believe for a minute that a white politician would have been held to such scrutiny over his place of birth. As a matter of fact, some Republicans who had tried to do away with that law of native birth being a prerequisite for the Presidency in order to run Arnold for the White House, were strangely silent when Obama's birthplace was questioned.
There was no real Anti-Russian sentiment prior to Trump's election, followed by revelations concerning his cozy relations with Putin. Keeping silent on this subject, if there is nothing to it, only looks like Trump and company are hiding something. After all, Obama was open about his drug use when he was young and stupid, so that his political enemies couldn't possibly use it against him. Guilty of innocent, Trump and his people have no one to blame about this but themselves.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What ASS-P said.

Racism was the whole of the birther matter. Nobody seriously doubted Obama wasn't born In Hawaii; it's just that they wanted to delegitimize him as much as possible. And why would they go after his place of birth, unless they could spread the lie he was born in Kenya. And no, I don't believe for a minute that a white politician would have been held to such scrutiny over his place of birth. As a matter of fact, some Republicans who had tried to do away with that law of native birth being a prerequisite for the Presidency in order to run Arnold for the White House, were strangely silent when Obama's birthplace was questioned.
There was no real Anti-Russian sentiment prior to Trump's election, followed by revelations concerning his cozy relations with Putin. Keeping silent on this subject, if there is nothing to it, only looks like Trump and company are hiding something. After all, Obama was open about his drug use when he was young and stupid, so that his political enemies couldn't possibly use it against him. Guilty of innocent, Trump and his people have no one to blame about this but themselves.

Of course they wanted to delegitimize him as much as possible, when has that ever been something new in politics? So they used the possibility that he might be hiding not being a naturalized citizen. But since he's black, the left will claim anything said against him is racially motivated.

So what you're saying really is the anti-Russian sentiment was generated in order to delegitimize Trump as much as possible. And not just sentiment, but rekindling the rampant cold war era fear and paranoia. For Trump and his people this might as well be the 1950's.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 11:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What ASS-P said.

Of course they wanted to delegitimize him as much as possible, when has that ever been something new in politics? So they used the possibility that he might be hiding not being a naturalized citizen. But since he's black, the left will claim anything said against him is racially motivated.

So what you're saying really is the anti-Russian sentiment was generated in order to delegitimize Trump as much as possible. And not just sentiment, but rekindling the rampant cold war era fear and paranoia. For Trump and his people this might as well be the 1950's.

I have yet to see any argument that there was no racism behind birtherism.
When did I say any of that about Trump and his Russia ties? The Anti-Russian sentiment grew out of Putin's interference into our election. It wasn't any sort of unfounded prejudice against Russians, as Putin has proven himself to b enemy of free government, first and foremost in his own country, as well as others. The dream of Glasnost has become the nightmare of strongman thugocracy. There is every reason in the world to be concerned about Russia's rejection of democracy, and there is absolutely every reason in the world to fear Trump had let the Russian fox into the hen house.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What ASS-P said.

I have yet to see any argument that there was no racism behind birtherism.

That's difficult to research since it's not even a real word. It's one of a slew of made up words used to accuse and label people as prejudiced. It's not like naturalized citizen is a concept that developed during Obama's time. Are you saying the concept itself and it being put into the constitution was racist?

Kraichgauer wrote:
When did I say any of that about Trump and his Russia ties? The Anti-Russian sentiment grew out of Putin's interference into our election.

The Anti-Russian sentiment grew out of > unproven accusations < of Putin's interference into our election.

Kraichgauer wrote:
It wasn't any sort of unfounded prejudice against Russians, as Putin has proven himself to b enemy of free government, first and foremost in his own country, as well as others. The dream of Glasnost has become the nightmare of strongman thugocracy. There is every reason in the world to be concerned about Russia's rejection of democracy, and there is absolutely every reason in the world to fear Trump had let the Russian fox into the hen house.

Welcome back to the McCarthy era. Like with Mueller finding actual evidence, Putin after 20 years in power, is going to get our chickens any minute now.... any minute.... wait for it...