Melania Trump Threatens Lawsuit Over English Class Billboard

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:51 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/melania-trump-threatens-lawsuit-over-english-class-billboard/

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 3:58 pm

i recognize that road!! !! 8O

i don't think her first-ladyhood itself was much affected by how much english she knows.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 4:04 pm

It's completely a disrespectful ad. Anyone who had this done to them, would have their attorney send out a cease and desist letter or you are going to get sued... It worked and the ad was removed.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 10:12 pm

The ad was clever enough to say "a little bit of English"!
I guess you don't need much "lingo" to snag a rich old lecher :D

And if Melania needs to give a speech after an invite from some organisation she can always plagiarise like she did pilfering whole paragraphs from Michelle Obama

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 10:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:

And if Melania needs to give a speech after an invite from some organisation she can always plagiarise like she did pilfering whole paragraphs from Michelle Obama

Of course you would defend this ad and insult her at the same time with false accusations :roll:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 10:38 pm

SH90 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Of course you would defend this ad and insult her at the same time with false accusations :roll:

Chill out man. It was only a joke.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 10:43 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
SH90 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 1:36 am

SH90 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Please spare me the false outrage...you cant claim to uphold free speech in America but then turn around and tell Croatians what they can and cannot say (in their own country mind you)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 1:39 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Frankly I'm deadly serious
She's a serial offender
https://newrepublic.com/minutes/138410/ ... eve-source

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 2:05 am

cyberdad wrote:
Please spare me the false outrage...you cant claim to uphold free speech in America but then turn around and tell Croatians what they can and cannot say (in their own country mind you)

Not exactly free speech issue when you are using someone else's face without their permission, especially on advertisements... You open yourself up to potential lawsuits for numerous of valid reasons.

cyberdad wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Frankly I'm deadly serious
She's a serial offender
https://newrepublic.com/minutes/138410/ ... eve-source

She never plagiarized Michelle Obama on Twitter and she certainly didn't plagiarize Trump's second wife... "If you can dream it, you can become it." Is a common phrase immigrant parents tell their kids, something I heard growing up. It's why my grandmother and mom came to America.

Just so you know... The bases of this phrase comes from a famous writer, William Arthur Ward. I just so happen to have some of his books gifted to me by my grandmother.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 3:09 am

SH90 wrote:
She never plagiarized Michelle Obama on Twitter and she certainly didn't plagiarize Trump's second wife... "

The general consensus is while she did not entirely copy verbatim but the two sections of her speech bear considerable similarity in wording, construction and themes to Michelle Obama's speech. This is (a best) unintentional plagiarism but more likely wanton borrowing

To put that in proper perspective a university student would get a zero on their essay for the same level of similarity.

Its not her proudest moment but then her husband is such a joke it makes her transgression seem unimportant

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 4:10 am

It seems like some people in Brittish commonwealth countries have an obsession with attacking the President of the United States and his family. They probably don't realize how unpleasant they can end up sounding.

Last edited by EzraS on 20 Sep 2017, 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

alcockell
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2017, 4:20 am

I wonder what Spitting Image would make of both the May and Trump govts and families...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 4:37 pm

EzraS wrote:
It seems like some people in Brittish commonwealth countries have an obsession with attacking the President of the United States and his family. They probably don't realize how unpleasant they can end up sounding.

It's a time honored practice of "lampooning" those in public office. The conservatives (and their wives) certainly make it easier for comedians.

Melania certainly doesn't care too much about the common person's sensitivities
Firstly she speaks about cyberbullying but conveniently ignores her husband is the worst offender and then dresses like a clown
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-amer ... 8fec58bdcb

She walks among victims of hurricanes suffering in high heels (more concerned about looking good than in her fellow American's feelings)

Speaking of "unpleasant" many on the republican side thought Michelle Obama and her children were fair game, no outrage there huh...Michelle Obama was actually a competent and intelligent role model who addressed "real issues" as first lady but was caricatured by conservatives for her apparent "non-glamorous appearance"...Melania is a goldidgger with no substance who is praised because of her looks...the contrast is quite stark

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 12:00 am

This isn't the first time she has over reacted. She threatened to sue someone over a video of her son because she thought he was mocking him when she could have sent him a message asking him to remove the video and that her son is not autistic. And now she took this as mockery when in fact the school meant to use her as a role model as a positive image. I mean just contact the school to tell them to remove your image if you are not comfortable being used as a role model.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 5:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It's a time honored practice of "lampooning" those in public office. The conservatives (and their wives) certainly make it easier for comedians.

Melania certainly doesn't care too much about the common person's sensitivities
Firstly she speaks about cyberbullying but conveniently ignores her husband is the worst offender and then dresses like a clown
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-amer ... 8fec58bdcb

She walks among victims of hurricanes suffering in high heels (more concerned about looking good than in her fellow American's feelings)

Speaking of "unpleasant" many on the republican side thought Michelle Obama and her children were fair game, no outrage there huh...Michelle Obama was actually a competent and intelligent role model who addressed "real issues" as first lady but was caricatured by conservatives for her apparent "non-glamorous appearance"...Melania is a goldidgger with no substance who is praised because of her looks...the contrast is quite stark

It's seems more like a vitrolic obsession with only the POTUS and his family, rather than the general lampooning of those in public office. I virtually never see them post anything about their own political figures or even the royal family.

Your comments in this thread just come off resembing sleazy tabloid material tbh.

Last edited by EzraS on 21 Sep 2017, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.