Stop the World: I want to get off!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:54 pm

Yes, it's the title of a Leslie Briscusse stage musical from the mid '60's. Right now, I literally want to get off this world.

1. I just turned 60. Big f!cking whoop-de-doo. I'm still feeling the same I felt when my dad died 31 years ago from complications due to liver cancer. I have the same feeling when my sister died 50 years ago at 2 years old. I'll have the same feeling when the anniversary of mom's death comes up in November (and she's been gone 6 years), after bleeding out from a peptic ulcer. I have one brother that still accuses me for causing her death.

I've caught hell from all three brothers for being on SNAP, SSDI, and Medicare. To them, I'm a n!gger for accepting this and have been crowned by them as a welfare king. (Especially SNAP benefits, of which I'm getting the huge sum of $16.00 per month.) I I've been told never to darken their doors again. These are the same brothers that told me to hang myself when I first threaten to kill myself, let alone deny that depression and anxiety is a disease. They do anything to put me down, no matter what I do. I've tried to extend the olive branch quite a few times, and every time, I get my fat f!cking ass beat by it. I don't dare go to my other relatives for any kind of help because 1) they're spread across the world and 2) those that are local will eventually get word to my brothers about needing help, and my fat f!cking ass is in trouble again. My one brother did loan me almost $700.00 to put a new timing belt, water pump and pulley assembly in my car. I haven't paid him in 2 months because 1) I was in the hospital twice this year, the first time because a so-called friend was gaslighting me to the point of killing everyone in my car, then killing myself back in March, and in August, I thought I was having a heart attack. I didn't bother my brothers either time, simply because I'd be accused of being a faker and a fraud (as usual). Scared my housemates, because I didn't tell them I was in the hospital, but my health and well-being is my problem and none of theirs.

Finally, I'm sick and tired, as well as tired and sick of the political bullsh!t, from the President of the United States down to the York Township board of Supervisors (let alone York City and York County Government. Thank God FakeBook updated their software do I can now send articles in my feed to the equivalent of /dev/null. What really bothers me is that I'm doing this to people I've known for, in some cases, 55 years, especially when said articles involve people being called liberals and cucks, with the implication that I'm a liberal and a cuck. I've also seen this same behavior here on WP and I'm sick and tired of it!

So frankly, i'm almost 2 centimeters of ending it all. Just stop the world: I want to get off.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:34 pm

Yes, I know exactly how you feel about the world today, because I want to get off as well. I can see, and understand, why so many are taken in by recent technological developments (like the one I am using this very minute), but I've also noticed that the pace of life has just speeded up to the point where I just can't be bothered being yet one more rat on this abominable treadmill we call life in the 21st century. People also (at least on the internet) tend to be rather rude, arrogant, and clueless when it comes to the treatment of others compared to how they used to be when I was younger (although that might just be my own perception).

As for your brothers... perhaps you should just have absolutely nothing to do with them anymore. They are just horrible people. There is NOTHING wrong with being a welfare recipient! I am one as well, and it's not something to be ashamed of. I really do not know why so many seem to take so much pleasure from persecuting the downtrodden. It's just disgusting.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 11:30 pm

Im on welfare too. Sometimes people treat me like s**t because of it. Not sure why because I depend on it to keep me alive. Your brothers are as*holes. Dont take them seriousely. Sometimes family can be hell and we need to seek salvation in other people, places or things.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 4:41 pm

May things improve for you. Your brothers' treatment of you is toxic, and possibly always was. Time for a fraternal divorce, perhaps.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 9:57 pm

Maybe you should consider joining us here in Colorado. We have one young man who is probably moving here, but if he doesn't maybe you could move here. If he does, we could put you on a list. We are in the mountains of Colorado in a teeny-tiny town of 600. We are hoping to purchase property next to ours in about a year, when there will be more openings.
Whatever you do, your brothers "poison" is not yours, so please stop taking it. I agree that a fraternal divorce might be the best option. I wish I could hug you.