Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 10:39 pm

What kind of toothpaste that won't dry out your mouth & makes you a little sick?

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2017, 3:52 am

A few years ago, it was hard for me to find toothpaste that didn't dry my mouth out, so I started using children's toothpaste, which was bubblegum/bubblemint flavoured. When I found out you could get normal toothpaste that was bubblemint, I got some, and it didn't make my mouth dry, but it did make me feel a little bit sick sometimes because it was sweet.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:35 pm

Thanks. I use Colgate Total, maybe it’s dry out my mouth cuz it has whitening in it, so does my listerine.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:40 pm

In the US, "Tom's" brand is a good, natural toothpaste that probably won't dry out your mouth.

Years ago, I suddenly developed an allergy to any toothpaste that contained sodium lauryl sulfate. It's hard to find one that does not contain that, but Tom's was good. Sensodyne brand is also good.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:47 pm

Once used whitening toothpaste or Colgate total every day because I drink a lot of tea and don't it staining my teeth. But them my mouth got really oversensitive to certain foods. Anything spicy, sour, or salty would make the taste buds on my tongue swell up and my gums all sore and puffy. My dentist told me it was from using whitening toothpaste every day so now I mostly just use regular "cavity protection" Crest toothpaste. Sometimes I've tried kid's toothpaste but they don't get foamy (which I like) and the flavors are kind of gross. By what stretch of the imagination does it taste like strawberries?? :lol:

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 7:20 pm

Sensodyne is a one brand available here in Sweden, it goes easy on the mouth and does not feel like a chemical bath.

I've sometimes skipped toothpaste because i am extremely sensitive.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 8:10 pm

I brought some toothpaste for sensitive teeth, my bottom mouth feel like my bottom teeth will fall out, I can forget to bush & I can forget to bush my hair.