Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DerrickR
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2017, 9:04 am

So, here I am.

Derrick's my name. I am a male 39 years old.

My wife is a wonderful woman and mentally a very strong woman. She is always supporting me in whatever I do. I know that sometimes she gets really really tired, but she never gives up.

I have a keen interest in scuba diving. I have never scuba dived myself and do not want to. My interest lies with all the physics concerning the effects of pressure when someone scuba dives.

I have been diagnosed twice. I am still the same person. I am who I am. I stopped letting it make me depressed and stealing valuable time. Trying to change it is like trying to reverse the rotation of the earth. Ain't gonna happen. Not any time soon.

I have heard people asking "What's wrong with him?"

Nothing. I am different.

I have no friends. I am OK with that. There's no universal rule that says one HAS to have friends.

Autism is not a fashion accessory. Let me just say nothing further about that. :D

Hello everyone! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 9:28 am

Welcome to WP. I used to go scuba diving... mostly off the Welsh coast. Being underwater is an aspie's dream... it's so peaceful and subdued... and no-one can speak to you. It's not silent, but the noises are all muted and non-directional. When you surface the world explodes upon you, which I found positively unpleasant, but worth it in the context of the overall experience.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 4:59 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)