Corduroy fabric "coming back" once more yet again?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

Froya wrote:
Me too! According to my skin tone I'm not supposed to wear warm colors, as it makes me look paler. I don't take that much into consideration though when I buy clothes.

You can wear whatever color you want, on the bottom (those jeans, you showed)----it's only when the color is next to your skin, that matters (and, in particular, your face).

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 10:46 pm

Seriously, that stuff is BS. Wear what you want.

If you're wearing a color you actually like instead of some BS you actually hate, you will look so much happier it won't matter to anyone how "pale" you are; you'll have the glow of "I LOVE this color on me anyway."

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 2:23 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
Seriously, that stuff is BS. Wear what you want.

If you're wearing a color you actually like instead of some BS you actually hate, you will look so much happier it won't matter to anyone how "pale" you are; you'll have the glow of "I LOVE this color on me anyway."

Yeah, I was trying to learn that s**t and it mainly makes you look boring. When I started doing art, I realized that everything is much more complex than just shades. It's saturation, proportions, texture, semantics, how colors play off each other, etc, etc, etc. I had a special interest in fashion for a while, and then I realized there is no serious fashion designer who plays by those rules.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 9:22 am

underwater wrote:
...I realized there is no serious fashion designer who plays by those rules.

Actually, IMO, the only fashion designers who DON'T play by the rules, are the ones who aren't serious about fashion, and, maybe, have some other motive, for being in the industry. Usually, the only ones who don't care about what a color looks like on their client, are the ones who are ONLY concerned about MONEY----and then, IMO, that makes them not serious about fashion; and, quite frankly, a travesty.

I've been in the fashion industry, off and on, for almost my entire life----from designing / sewing clothes, being a consultant, dresser, stylist, costume assistant on movie sets, and so-forth----and, almost anyone I know in the industry would agree; because, if a color looks bad on, say, a celebrity, that reflects, badly, on the designer's brand. One example, would be: Ask almost any lay person what they thought of Melania Trump's inauguration-day suit, and they'd tell you she looked BEAUTIFUL----whereas, if you asked almost any fashion person what they thought of the same suit, and they would probably say that she looked HORRIBLE, or that Ralph Lauren must've been drinking (LOL), when he agreed to put her in that color, or that the design was good, but the color looked HORRIBLE, on her. IMO, she is an Autumn, and it would've been GORGEOUS on her, if it had been in a rust or olive color. She looked BEYOND fabulous, IMO, at the inaugural ball, cuz she was wearing off-white----a color that is perfect for her.

A person doesn't have to wear EVERY color, that's in their color palette----I'm a Winter, and I HATE royal blue, on ME, but am very lucky that I LOVE almost all the other colors----and, like I said, if they have a particular fondness for a certain color, they can wear it, on the bottom (IF they're concerned about how they look - if not, that's fine, cuz, most likely, the only person / people who will notice are "fashion people"; and, "fashion people" will not be the majority of the people with whom they come into contact [unless they live in / near a fashion district - say, NYC]).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 11:08 pm

I want to get myself a pea green corduroy suit.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:10 am

I swear I had a pair of corduroy jeans (in a 70's camel colour I might add) as recently as 10 years ago!

I'm still into the revival of velvet, so no corduroy for me yet, thanks.