Why is it ok for women to be violent to men?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 12:06 am

It's normal for moms to hit their kids. Mine does that too and she has hit me occasionally as an adult.

But it's not okay for women to hit men but it is okay for moms to hit their kids.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 12:22 am

League_Girl wrote:
It's normal for moms to hit their kids. Mine does that too and she has hit me occasionally as an adult.

But it's not okay for women to hit men but it is okay for moms to hit their kids.

I don't think hitting anyone is ok. Especially adults hitting adults just cause they're angry or disagree.
If I hit her for the same reason I'd go to jail.

Same logic is used by women to hit their husbands.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 12:25 am

^ did you tell her how you felt about the hitting?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:46 am

It's ridiculous that she did this.

Please tell her never to hit you again. But also tell her that you will seek to be less selfish in the future.

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Sep 2017, 10:05 pm

I dunno how it is where you live, but around my parts, if someone poses an immediate physical threat to you, you're allowed to respond with proportional force. The key word here is proportional. Learn some arm locks, and even if you don't, don't you stand for that s**t! Call for help, hell, call the cops!

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:13 pm

ismiledinstead wrote:
It's not okay and it would be completely reasonable to speak against it. Even if someone tells you they are joking, you have the right to tell them to stop. I think this is a common issue. Many people don't take this problem seriously if you are male, but they are wrong. You shouldn't be hit.

"But, what you just said above is how the modern world works" yeah, just because you want to argue that is how the world works a certain way, it doesn't make your position true or correct.

I think some people are right and there is a bit of a "gender war" that has been going on in society lately.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:55 am

sly279 wrote:
Happen two days ago cause I didn't help her in the garage cause I was busy with friends and had just come out to get food. So she was "trapped" in the garage for hour and says I'm selfish

The girl was when I was in middle school, she'd hit me for cursing but she cursed all the time. Guess she may have wanted to be my gf but I wasn't into girls at that point after having been tricked and made fun of for being into girls year before.

Was she actually trapped?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 7:15 am

Question Is it ok for Sly's mom to hit Sly?

Answer 1 No. It's morally wrong. It's bad for people to attack each other regardless of sex.

Answer 2 Yes because she can get away with it. Just try pressing charges. The cops will do nothing.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 11:06 am

Hitting is abuse. Just because it is common doesn't mean it is ok. I'm sorry your mother hit you. What was your mom's mom like?

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 11:15 am

League_Girl wrote:
it is okay for moms to hit their kids.

Disagree. It's called narcissistic abuse. People on the spectrum are often targets of narcissistic abuse. People on the spectrum can also become perpetrators of narcissistic abuse because we've been expertly trained by our parents, siblings, teachers, peers, and society at large.

Don't hit people.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Oct 2017, 11:53 am

hobojungle wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Disagree. It's called narcissistic abuse.

Looked up what narcissistic abuse was and disagree - it neither requires any hitting, nor hitting indicates just this kind of abuse.

hobojungle wrote:
Don't hit people.

Agree.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 12:02 pm

magz wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Disagree. It's called narcissistic abuse.

Looked up what narcissistic abuse was and disagree - it neither requires any hitting, nor hitting indicates just this kind of abuse.

You might be right. I think saying "narcissistic abuse" is redundant as being abusive is inherently narcissistic, but my beliefs are not always in line with norms.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 12:14 pm

League_Girl wrote:

Umm no that is not normal, I mean spanking is one thing but no it's not normal for parents to regularly 'hit' their kids when irritated with them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 12:37 pm

Hitting anywhere but on the butt is abuse to me.

Even on the butt is abuse at times.

Sometimes, younger kids can't be reasoned with. They have to KNOW not to run into the street, or put their hands on a hot stove.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Oct 2017, 12:50 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hitting anywhere but on the butt is abuse to me.

Even on the butt is abuse at times.

Sometimes, younger kids can't be reasoned with. They have to KNOW not to run into the street, or put their hands on a hot stove.

I agree. Very small kids don't understand reasoning and they need more... direct explanation that they shouln't hit their baby sibling with a plastic car or try to put a fork into a wall socket.
So I strongly disagree with seeing spanking as a crime in Europe.
But I suppose that if you're still using spanking in the pre-teen years of your kid, then you probably could have done your parenting better.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Romansky123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2017, 10:39 am

It's not okay everyone should be treated with respect and diginity regardless of there sex,Race, sexuality or Neurotype