Is the world really going to end next week?

Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Sep 2017, 12:08 am

It will end next week because North Korea & the US will be having a nuclear war

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 12:45 am

Does the world have a "used by" date stamped on it's arse?

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 4:31 am

Quote:
Um...are the answers in this thread another way of saying "you'll believe anything you gullible idiot"?

It's embarrassing how difficult that is to discern, isn't it. At least cliffnote us literal thinkers with a /sarcasm, people. :wink:
My boss told me this. It's silly scaremongering. Vague enough to be interpreted as correct if something happens, or suddenly not relating to that at all if nothing does.
I'm having deja vu from the Haven premonitions topic ...

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 5:32 am

Okay look to CLARIFY, here's the deal:

The world is NOT going to end on the 23rd.

There have been "world will end on such and such a date" since people could walk and talk and imagine they see "signs" everywhere.

None of it is real.

Most people know it's not real.

Lots of people believe it may happen when they see one of these "predictions."

Sometimes even fully sensible people.

Personally I have never believed any of these things.

I DO NOT think less of someone who is concerned or worried or even wonders if it's really going to happen.

I was NOT making fun of Joe90 in my posts.

I was having fun with kraftie when he said he once thought perhaps when he's asleep the world has stopped and then starts again when he wakes.

DIFFERENT thing. We went of-topic -- not making fun of the original question.

JEEEEEEZ.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 6:00 am

Sometimes I wish the world really would end, if only to stop people from saying the world is going to end.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 6:59 am

Raleigh wrote:
Sometimes I wish the world really would end, if only to stop people from saying the world is going to end.
Yup! Lol.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 7:08 am

Joe90 wrote:
I read something like the plague will return, ...
Return? It never left.
http://www.who.int/csr/disease/plague/en/
Quote:
Plague can be a very severe disease in people, with a case-fatality ratio of 30%-60% if left untreated. In 2015 there were 320 cases reported worldwide, including 77 deaths.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=116771
Quote:
Worldwide, the World Health Organization reports 1,000 to 3,000 cases of plague each year.

Most infections in the United States have occurred after disposing of squirrels or mice that died from the infection or traveling in an area where infected rodents live. Health officials recommend staying away animals that are lethargic or appear sick.

The bacteria that causes bubonic plague is spread by infected fleas to rodents, most commonly mice, ground squirrels, rock squirrels, prairie dogs and even cats and dogs.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plague/home/ovc-20196753
Quote:
today plague occurs in fewer than 5,000 people a year worldwide. It can be deadly if not treated promptly with antibiotics.

The organism that causes plague, Yersinia pestis, lives in small rodents found most commonly in rural and semirural areas of Africa, Asia and the United States. The organism is transmitted to humans who are bitten by fleas that have fed on infected rodents or by humans handling infected animals.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 7:13 am

Joe90 wrote:
... and there are lots of earthquakes coming.
depends on how you look at it.
Quote:
SODA SPRINGS, Idaho — The earthquake swarm in southeast Idaho has now risen to 321 quakes since Sept. 2, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The quakes have been focused in the Soda Springs area, with the most powerful being a 5.3 magnitude. Although no structural damage or injuries to people have been reported, perhaps it’s a matter of time before the Big One hits and our cities topple like Lego blocks at a 4-year-old’s birthday party, right?

Not really.

Robert Clayton, a professor of geology at Brigham Young University-Idaho, calls the latest quakes a good thing.

Earthquakes take place when there is a very slow movement of the earth’s crust and “the amount of energy built up is greater than the capacity of rocks to resist,” he told EastIdahoNews.com.

It’s all about how that energy gets released.

“(These quakes) are releasing a lot of energy in very small doses,” Clayton said — a much better alternative to having all the energy released at once.

He said swarms like this one have happened before in the region, such as in northwest Nevada a few years ago.

“It’s not frequent, but it does happen,” he said. “It usually doesn’t build up to a big earthquake, though it’s not unknown.”

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=1419&sid=45785770

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 7:26 am

SentientPotato wrote:
Welp, if the world does end next week, I'll be going out not knowing definitively what type of fruit cake I am. Y2K... 6/6/06... 12/21/12... and many other times have not panned out, so why would this time be any different?

There was a whole thick book written about how the world will end on 5-5-2005, of that title. I used to have a Learning Channel video (hosted by David MacCullum) of a 1990's documentary all about the many end of the world scenarios current at that time. Of course they all look laughable now.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 7:31 am

babybird wrote:

The World doesn't have a "sell by date", but who knows?

Maybe the warranty runs out at some time.

shivanihlth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2017, 8:14 am

It is true that the world will end one day. But the day, date and time is unkown to us. The Creator who has created the world knows the end of the world. Everything on this earth is made by God and will come to an end, this life is just a small journey to test us how well we perform in our life.

We should be honest and humble towards other. As all our deeds are recorded and will one will be rewarded accordingly.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 8:33 am

babybird wrote:

Yes, ~4 billion years in the future.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2017, 10:34 am

I don't think the world will "end" - whatever that means - next week. Anyway, whenever this kind of question shows up, people usually express what they'd do in particularly negative terms. From what I see, most times, we do that in a jokingly-but-not-so-much, tongue-in-cheek fashion. Nobody ever talks of ways to fix the world so that it wouldn't have to end. Also, nobody ever speaks of doing something constructive: paint a picture, quit the job and appreciate a walk in the park.
What is ending is not the world. It's human race. It'll be over for us one day but we are enslaved to one another. We have these primal notions of credentials and hierarchy hardwired in our consciousness. We are a stubborn, spoiled and entitled race. In this sense, the world has been over for us a long time ago because we don't enjoy our reality, plus, we make it worse every minute.

Anyway, if you are confident that this world will be somehow wiped-out from existence very soon, I recommend you find something you enjoy the most and special people you feel connected with. Watch a movie, engage in some activity, share your love with these few special people, give them gifts, tokens of your appreciation and say farewell to nature.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 11:14 am

Meade changed his mind. The world won't end on the 23rd.

CharlesRooster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Sep 2017, 11:22 am

It's an internet hoax I believe, I mean, no important organization has announced an incoming catastrophic event.

W̸̨̨̢̢̡̨̡̡̧̡̢̧̧̢̡̡̡̨̛͍̯̳̹̩̖̮̖̣̤̜̼͈̜͓̱̩͓̞̠̲̻̩̟͙̤̦̠̼̙̯̲͎͈̦͇̼̭̬͓͉̟̬̰̲̩͍̮̗̗̝̺̥̲͚͎͔̙̰͈̘̖͚͇͎̳̠̹̙̫̳̻̳̳̼̞̻̜̱͓̝̗̬͎̬̳͕̭̳͇̬̯̙͎͎̖̞̰̪͖̫̦̟͉͓̲̙̻̥̦̠̺̪̰͈̰͖̗̟͖͉͉̞̲̤̝̪͙̠̳̥̤̼̦̥̳̞̪̙͈̼̹̙͖̘̞͇͔̟̣̝͍͙͈̮̰̱͉̠̤̠̲̫̼̗̫̙̭̙͈̫̺̘̲̗̗̞̩̖̦̞̟͍̘͇͉̝̖̥͔͕̣̩͇̱̪͓̩̹͎̻̙̗̬͈̰̝͕̠͎̩̞̩͛͌̈́͐̈́̌͐̐̉̈̐̍̌́͛͂̈́̾͂̈́̊̃͋̓̃̌̎̈́̏̀̈́̈́͒̀̍̾͐͑͒̋̃̑̇̽̉͊̈̌͗̐̽̅̈́͆̋̂̇̀̀̋͂͑̚̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅe̶̡̧̧̨̧̧̡̧̛̛̛̛̛̤̱̬̥͖̹̱̹̦̺͚͙̜͎͈͚̭͙̦̻͚͉̹͙̘͔͍̬̲̦͕̟̯̜̜̗͙͙͈̲̰̯̹̳͖̤͙̥͔̭̼͙͈͈͖̝̥̜̣̼͚̥͔̲̟̤̩͓̹̟͉̬̹̗̩͍͈͈͙̰͎͕͔͖̝̪̞̺̭̤͙̯̻̞͉̙̪̲̼̣̩̥͓̠̭̱͂̈́͆͑̑͌̈́̽̑̄̂̈́́̂̎͒̂͂̋̈́́̓̑̋̀̉̓̆̎̋͐͛̐̃̌́̓̔̌̽̑̀̈́͛̀͌̈́̄̓̍̔̉̄̍͐̀̊̌̒̎̾́̅̌̆̽̆̀́͂͂̄͗̽͑̓͋̄̏̆̐͂̊̀̓̾̒̈́͑͐͆̀̌͒͒̈͛̐̾̂̅̀́̀̇̀̃̒̊͂̇̐̑̎͊̿̂͆̇̃̉̆͒͗̔̽́͗̎͑̓̓̀͆͊̾̐̓̆̇́̊̒͛̀̀̌̏̀͑͗̍͂̑͗̒̄̏̊̍̿͌́̿́͐̍͐̇̿͐͒̿́̽̄͒̊̀̊͛̍̉̂̀̑́̐̀̎̒͛̽͛̆͗̊̄̆̓͗̂͌͐͒̎̈́̋̂̑̓̈́̌͒̅̄̆̓̂̀͊̍̌̏̐͊̉̐̀͌̓͂͛̈́̉̍̕̚̕̕͘̚̕̕̕͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͠͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅi̸̡̨̛̫̝̹͈͎̩͓̎̄̀̓̂͂͐́̓̔̂̍͑̄̀̀̈̀͌̏̑͑̽́͛̔͊̂͂͋͌̊̎́̄͗́̀̄̒̔̂̏͂̒̿́̀̇͊̾̐͂̏͌͛̓́͆́̏̀̀͊͊̾͒͂͋̅̄̒̽́̑̓̈́̔̔̚̚͘͘͘͘͘̚̕̕͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅř̸̡̧̧̢̨̢̡̢̡̧̡̨̢̨̡̧̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̤̗̜̞̝͉̖̯̙̣͕̠̥͚̲̭̯͔̣̥͓̳̳̤̪̲͚̱̤̲͉̭̰̬̙̯̜̜̹͇̱̞̟͚͍̣̲̲̣͇͕̞͕̠̟͓͚̣̠̹͇͔̰̳͓̙̜̹̞͍̺̳͖͈͖̪̬͔̹̗̤͉̥̰͇̘̦͓̩̮͉̬͚̤͇̦͓̹̝̠͔͍̺̪̖͔̱̭̰̻̥̹͎̥̘̯̦̟̤̠͕͚͇͖̞͓̼͉̱̙̱͉̘̮̤̱̩̖̰̤̦̥̝̳̠̳͓̹̥͖̘̹̫̭̲̟͈͚̺͙̠͖̪̠̜͖̟̤̙̗̥̜̯̱̣̩͇͔̰̬̹͕̦̞͇͇͇̺͕̹̜͎͔͎̲̰͕́̈͊̀̒̉̅́͒̉̆̇̓͛̓̃̐̍͌̽͊̑̂͛̏̄͗̑̐̈̿͛͐̈́̔̒̀̽̿́̔̾̔̆͐͌͆͂̒͊̀̈́̔͑͊̔̉̓̇̄̌̒̋̈́̅̾̿̋̊̋͌̅̇̀͆͋̏͐̈́͑͂̀̽́́̋͂̊̌̓̀̈̓̈́́̈́̀̓͆̒̒͗̾̃̃̀̏̒͒̎̀̀̒̈̄̈́͊̀̈́̋͛́̍̀̾͊͆̋͌͊͗͂̊̇̂̌̓̈́̈͂̈̈́̌́̀͛͆̌́̎̅͐̆͋̅̍̃̄̍̎̀́͋́̂̊̈́̓̐́̿̄́̏͂̓̏́̓̔͐̋̑͗̊̒̔͑́̀̊͐̈́̑͌̆̓͌͗̈́͆̄̒͛͒̀̈̆͋̂͑̎͒͒̎̏̑̐̆̐̃͑͛͂̔̚̕̕͘͘̚̕̕̚̕̚͘̚͘͘̚̚͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅḏ̵̢̨̨̢̡̧̢̡̧̨̡̢̢̡̢̡̧̧̡̨̧̡̢̨̨̡̡̞̘̼͉̹̥̮͇͎̯͍̲̜̳̥͈̺̪̮̲̠̣̳̭͎͔͉̼͖̮̤̱̘͉̫͖̠̭̝̯͙͍̙̖̪͚̺̬̮̯̱̪̜̤̪̮̙̯̫̩͚͇͓͚̪͖̞͖̫̝̣͎͉͉̮̭̰̭̬̗̲̙̩͇̤͈̩͇̳͈͙̮̱̬̼̙̖̪͔̙̳̬̖̫̱̲̪̺͎̖̣̟̹̙̞̼̹͔̝̞͙͖͈̠͔̲̰̯̫̗̪̰̬̖͍̰̩̮̱͕͎̪͔͓͈͎͍̻͓͇̯͉̫̳̮͉̹̺͈̬̣͕͔͎͖̱̪͈̲͕̰̜̱̺̝̙̰͓̝̤̺̠̘͔̰̣͔̹̰͇̯͚̱̞̥̦͚͍̹̙̦̪̲̤̗̘͔̝̯̲͓̠̺̱̙̲͇̘͈͚͍͍̻̫̱̲͚̠͔̗̪̹̻̝̜̫͚̦̫͙̜̩̽̀̌͒͌̍͛̄̉̎̎̈͂̋̓̌͋͌̒̌̐̍́̇̊͂͗̓̓̓̾̂̓̓̒̽͆́̈͆̑͋̀̅̎͂̈́̄͊̂́̽̽̌̿̀͑̍̍͋͋̊̈̐̈́̈́̌̂͑́̈́͘͘̚̕̚͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅơ̶̢̢̧̡̧̨̧̨̢̧͙͉̳̖̘̠͓̙͍͍̞̖̘̠̯͙̗͍̦̰̠̰̜̩̼̬̱͇͈̫̗͙̩̦͚̝͚̞͉̫͔̥̤̩̪̘̫̤̜̩̮̱̹̟̞̻̥̞̼̘̦̙̻̩̼̝͓̠͈̯̼̳̘̮̭̣̖̻̻̳̟̘̰͖̲̝̬͓̰͇̲̞͎̹̱̹̰̳̫͉̭͎͎̙̬̹̗̘̠̱̩̓͂̋̅̂͌͒̿̀͒̋̊͂͊͒̽̆̑̔̋́͋̐͆̊̆̏̈́͊̓̏͂̎̽̌̄̀̄̃̄́̿́̌̒́͒̋͋̍̇̑̍͒̊͆̊̐̉̐̔͋͆͐̎͋͗̈́̍̈͊̾̃́̑̆̅̃͋̀́̊̂̀̑̎̀͆̄̍̓̾̓̽̈́͋̀̿̎́́̆͗͂̐͂̐͗̽́̓̊̂̐̃́̃̇́̿̀̍̑́̐̋̋̂͂͗̇͊̉̊̃̽̆͆͆͑̇͆͒́̀͌̇̓̄̆́̀͆͆̾̾̀́̐̏̄̏̉̀̽̈́̑͊̉̒̄̀͘̚̕͘̚̕͘̚͘̕͘͘͘̕͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͝͠͝͝͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͠͝ͅͅ

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 12:05 pm

"That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, an aeroplane, Lenny Bruce is not afraid
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn
World serves its own needs, don't misserve your own needs

Feed it up a knock, speed, grunt, no, strength, no
Ladder, structure clatter with fear of height, down height
Wire in a fire, represent the seven games
In a government for hire and a combat site

Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry with the furies
Breathing down your neck
Team by team, reporters baffled, trump, tethered crop
Look at that low plane, fine then

Uh oh, overflow, population, common group
But it'll do, save yourself, serve yourself
World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed
Tell me with the rapture and the reverent in the right, right
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light
Feeling pretty psyched

It's the end of the world as we know it
And I feel fine

Six o'clock, TV hour, don't get caught in foreign tower
Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn
Lock him in uniform and book burning, blood letting
Every motive escalate, automotive incinerate

Light a candle, light a motive, step down, step down
Watch a heel crush, crush, uh oh, this means no fear
Cavalier, renegade and steer clear
A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline

And I feel fine, I feel fine

It's the end of the world as we know it (it's time I had some time alone)
And I feel fine

The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide
Mount St. Edelite, Leonard Bernstein
Leonid Breshnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs
Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom
You symbiotic, patriotic, slam but neck, right? Right

And I feel fine

And I feel fine

And I feel fine

And I feel fine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY