Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TheBlitheringOne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Sep 2017, 7:06 am

My oh my, is starting a new job a terrible experience! Even with this new antidepressant working thru my system, I can't help but wonder.

I rather like being unemployed. There is no definition. No limitation. Start a new job and it's all about waiting like a month or two to get a couple paychecks under my belt. The managers are always super critical, as if that helps anything. The men want me to be an offensive bro. Apparently, my respect for women is unnatural.

Fear mongering is big these days. If it isn't the Muslims, it's the crazy ghetto kids that "always" kill innocents. I look at my coworkers and just hate this brain. It hates me too. Everything so dull. Can't find anyone willing to pay me for mind challenging work, so it's back to making pizzas. My fingers smell of pineapple and meniality.

I tried starting a conversation with a female co-worker. She's all like: I went shopping today. "Oh yeah? Buy anything cool??"

She stammered. Then politely explained that she bought bras. It was obvious she was unsettled about speaking of lady undergarments. Of course, underwear is just clothes to me. No more unsettling to me than talk of puppies, light bulbs, or tampons. But, I live in this guarded world...where being logical is cold and creepy.

Is a gift of foresight valid if the future isn't worth looking forward to?

A couple of my male coworkers asked about my tattoos. Do I just like tattoos or did I get some in prison? When I told them I've never been to prison/jail, they seemed shocked. Odd part is that one of the dudes is Black. Had I openly assumed he is an ex con cuz of his tats, I'd be considered a racist monster.

But, from what I hear, it's not easy being anyone these days. Everyone so caught up in complaining that we just see the negativity.

Meh. I wish my books would take off. Get a fat royalty check and go live in a cabin for the rest of my life. But, windfalls don't have to happen. Perhaps the best thing to ever happen to me is this pizza job. Channel optimism and rationalize it as a step in the right direction.

God laughs and says, "Well, Jim, given the state of your existence, I can't see where I'd fit in a sense of belonging for you."

Yeah, God, I know.
Oversights.
I get it.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:13 am

TheBlitheringOne wrote:
...A couple of my male coworkers asked about my tattoos. Do I just like tattoos or did I get some in prison? When I told them I've never been to prison/jail, they seemed shocked. Odd part is that one of the dudes is Black. Had I openly assumed he is an ex con cuz of his tats, I'd be considered a racist monster....

Hmm, the dreaded "tattoo-privilege" has arrived.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:38 am

I don't understand why people are questioning you about your tattoos.

It's fairly common, nowadays, for people of the (especially) Millennial generation to have tattoos. And that goes for all genders. Many people from many walks of life have them.

I'm not into them myself; I don't want ink in my skin.

Now....if somebody has a tattoo of a teardrop under one's eye-----that's a different story.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
...It's fairly common, nowadays, for people of the (especially) Millennial generation to have tattoos. And that goes for all genders. Many people from many walks of life have them....

Mine is an Anasazi/Zuni Bear fetish on my right shoulder (hidden unless I choose to show it off), but the bear has autism, too, and while friendly, avoids new people in his life until he trusts them.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:57 am

But when he trusts them, he goes all out for them......

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:59 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
But when he trusts them, he goes all out for them......

Oh, you must have met Bobbie Bear when I wasn't watching. :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:00 am

Yeah...she's pretty cool.

She gave me a nice bear hug.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yeah...she's pretty cool.

She gave me a nice bear hug.

Unless Bobbie is trans, I have always known him to be a boy. Hehe. But, he could be agender. He's quite inclusive.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:09 am

Bobbie is a feminine name. That's why I thought she was a lady.

She certainly acted like one when she hugged me......

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Bobbie is a feminine name. That's why I thought she was a lady.

She certainly acted like one when she hugged me......

Hehe. That is so cool!