How do you prepare yourself for an interview?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

OttselHero
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Sep 2017, 11:10 am

I'm at a point where I feel like I am competent enough at social interaction, and that includes strangers, but I am still a nervous wreck when it comes to job interviews. I don't know what it is about it; I think it's just the fact that I am under someone's scrupulous judgment, and it shakes me to my core to the degree that I feel like a babbling idiot. I try to remind myself that it's just a casual conversation, but no amount of practice seems to iron it out. Does anyone have any way to prepare themselves before a job interview? Are there any rituals that seem to work?

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 11:18 am

* Read up on the company and the position.
* Check linked in profiles for the people i'm about to meet.
* Make a "red thread" to follow on how i present myself.
* Make a list of things i will talk about that is pertinent to the position.
* Write down all questions that you want answered.

If you have any specific questions about the above list, post em here.

Taking charge by being organised can calm you down.

wachterhector
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Oct 2017, 10:50 am

If you have the invitation for the interview it means that the employer liked your resume or CV. But there are many cases when job seekers can't find a job because of poor resume or CV. In such cases Resume writing servicecan help. But you are the lucky one. You are preparing for the interview. Here are some tips how to feel confident during the interview:
-Research the company ( find as many information as possible)
-Create some questions concerning this company
-Prepare your formalwear
-Read some etiquette rules
- You can practice your interview with friends or family members
- Be ready to answer on the general questions like your favorite book/film, your good or bad qualities etc

Good luck! :D