Does anybody ever comment on the music you play?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 10:50 am

Sometimes whenever I play my music to others online and in real life, they comment me on my music style. Does anybody ever get commented on your music sometimes?

With curiosity still raging inside of me,

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 22, 2017)

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2017, 4:01 am

Are you talking about music we created or music we're just listening to, if talking about music we're listening to than yeah I get comments on it.

Usually things like "I never thought you'd be a metal person", "This sounds very unusual", "You have a good ear for music", "What genre/artist is this I never heard of it" and "You're such a hipster".

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:48 am

SnailHail wrote:
Are you talking about music we created or music we're just listening to, if talking about music we're listening to than yeah I get comments on it.

Usually things like "I never thought you'd be a metal person", "This sounds very unusual", "You have a good ear for music", "What genre/artist is this I never heard of it" and "You're such a hipster".

Music you listen to.

infelix
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2017, 11:46 am

All the time, the most common comment is that it's not music and just crap.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 9:22 pm

infelix wrote:
All the time, the most common comment is that it's not music and just crap.

This, sometimes combined with 'how do you listen to that?!?!'. To which I respond with 'usually at a moderate volume'.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 11:24 pm

Sometimes if I'm not using my headphones. Inquiring about the artist or genre.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 11:48 pm

I always use headphones because I figure other people probably don't want to listen to my music just like I don't want to listen to theirs, but if I mention it... yep. I'm a small, timid-seeming, quiet girl, and I love metal - people always are surprised by that, I guess because I seem like about the last person who would. I always laugh to myself, because that's just barely scratching the surface of things that would astonish them about me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 3:43 am

Sometimes, and some people don't really like the metal but funny thing is I listen to other things to, so sometimes I can certainly find something else they like better. Or I just have them put some stuff on and hope its not the worst mot annoying pop music.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2017, 4:21 am

They used to, before I realized I should just wear headphones at all times. It sometimes was about the music itself (Punk is not for everyone), but mostly it was about me playing the same song over and over.
I get that. I would be annoyed too if I didn't like the song the first time and it just kept playing.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2017, 11:36 am

It depends on what I'm trying to do with my music.

If I pick out a genre that I think someone will like, they usually are really impressed with it or feel happy that I have a sense of what they enjoy. I'll occasionally be way off and they'll give me a look of, "Why on earth did you think I'd like this nonsense?".

However, sometimes I'll pull out something completely bizarre and off the wall to troll people. The best example was when I was in high school and took AP Music Theory. Our assignment was to show the class a song/piece and have everyone analyze it- and I played the "Crazy Bus Theme" (the game, not from Arthur). It fried their poor little brains. I'm actually surprised that I didn't get in trouble for that.

Note: If anyone looks up that specific theme, make sure your volume is about as low as it could possibly be. It may be REALLY difficult for anyone with auditory sensitivities to listen to because of its insanity.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2017, 10:19 pm

I feel like an outsider. I live in a city that used to be big on Country music , but now its mostly just Punk Rock and Hip Hop. So I listen to mostly Classic Country Music. (Up til about the mid 1990sEra) . Then I also like some Classical (mostly piano) and some church music. I listen to "old people" music too. I enjoy watching Lawrence Welk on PBS! At the gym they play disgustingly bad music- Dance music, etc. really loud female vocals. It feels like to them , that is the "normal music" and what i listen to is "bad "or at least "alternative". Its really weird. No one really comments on my music tastes , but I have a feeling that very few share them, at least where I live.