Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 12:00 am

:wall:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 12:16 am

this has nothing to do with nonwhites though.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 1:36 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
this has nothing to do with nonwhites though.

Who else doesn't stand for the national anthem?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 1:42 am

For some reason, I don't believe President Trump cared about their skin color... Interesting you did and emphasized it in your thread title.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:00 am

coincidence though...always on the opposite side of civil rights?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:06 am

cyberdad wrote:

I didn't realize this was a civil rights violation, how so?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:16 am

...Oh, geez. Going for the " angry white men " demographic/" throwing some red meat to the base ":-(?
BTW, I don'f know that the OP would follow American politics that closely - Alabama is having a Senatorial electon and the Trump- supporting candidate, who Trump was speaking at a rally.for, is behind a REALLY super-ultra conservative candifate, who is seen as " too right-wing " 8O (!) by the Republican establishment - " Throwing red meat ", as I said, to encourage votes for Trump's bucko?
BTE, when I saw the phrase " footballers " in the header I thought that this was posted by a non-American:-) - No criticism intended - Obviously, I'd tend toward using Americanisms myself. This was the first I'd heard of this, incidentally.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:34 am

...Like, the President using his " bully pulpit " to actively encouraging firing somebody? Legal, I suppose, but...........Come on!
And, saying this to a howling, cheering audience - a " howling mob " - an audience that is, I feel safe in guessing, pretty overwhelmigly white? In a state which does have a pretty above-average black populaton, I, again, feel pretty safe in assuming (As with any Southern state.)? (Certainly blacker than Santa Cruz, I suppose I have to say or lay myself open to accusations! :lol: ) Yes, regarding something (The anthem protests .) that, indeed, has been pretty near if not absolutely exclusively ' a Black thang, yo "(Excuse my useage :mrgreen: ! !)?
Again, YES, legal on DT's part, I imagine, but...Should he say this in a crowdaddress situation?

90"]

cyberdad wrote:

I didn't realize this was a civil rights violation, how so?[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:40 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Like, the President using his " bully pulpit " to actively encouraging firing somebody? Legal, I suppose, but...........Come on!
And, saying this to a howling, cheering audience - a " howling mob " - an audience that is, I feel safe in guessing, pretty overwhelmigly white? In a state which does have a pretty above-average black populaton, I, again, feel pretty safe in assuming (As with any Southern state.)? (Certainly blacker than Santa Cruz, I suppose I have to say or lay myself open to accusations! :lol: ) Yes, regarding something (The anthem protests .) that, indeed, has been pretty near if not absolutely exclusively ' a Black thang, yo "(Excuse my useage :mrgreen: ! !)?
Again, YES, legal on DT's part, I imagine, but...Should he say this in a crowdaddress situation?

90"]
cyberdad wrote:

I need translator, can anyone help me out here 8O

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:36 am

SH90 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

On this occasion the right to not stand for the national anthem

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:16 am

There is a more important NFL issue than singing an ode to a couple yards of fabric,
player safety.

3 things about that:

1.) http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-dolphins-screwed-by-nfl-after-hurricane-irma-9668938

Quote:
But that would involve losing a little money on some refunded tickets and events planned around the game. It would — gasp — involve a loss of revenue and exposure in the name of taking care of one of its teams. It would mean actually caring about NFL players' health even if it cost a buck.

Moving the Dolphins' London game back to Miami would show that NFL execs care about player safety. And once again, they've proven they simply don't.

2.) http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sports/league-of-denial/the-frontline-interview-dr-bennet-omalu/
Quote:
So you were keeping your promise to Mike.

Yes, that you're a victim of football, that people are refusing to recognize it.

What do you mean a victim of football?

In 1969 the United Kingdom House of Lords, where you have all your colleges of physicians of London, issued a position paper, and these are top, top, top doctors in their fields, establishing that brain damage is an occupational hazard of contact sports. This was in 1969. ...

So then I knew all this. I knew all this. I mean, this is injury epidemiology; this is very well-established in the literature.

So then in 2002 I knew that he was, based on the literature -- not based on some voodoo I had done, but based on the literature -- that his presenting symptomatology was more likely or more likely than not due to repeated blows to the head he suffered in playing that game where people dress up like extraterrestrials and slam into one another. That was how I perceived football.

3.) http://www.npr.org/2017/07/25/539198429/study-cte-found-in-nearly-all-donated-nfl-player-brains
Quote:
An updated study published Tuesday by the Journal of the American Medical Association on football players and the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy reveals a striking result among NFL players.

The study examined the brains of deceased former football players (CTE can only be diagnosed after death) and found that 110 out of 111 brains of those who played in the NFL had CTE.

CTE has been linked to repeated blows to the head — the 2015 movie Concussion chronicled the discovery of CTE's connection to football.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 8:20 am

We don't call football players "footballers". And it's not a racial issue. More straw grasping. The more frequent the desperate straw grasping, the less inclined the silent majority is going to believe stuff said against Trump.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 8:30 am

I don't see the harm in standing for the natural anthem.

If the issue is police brutality, it shouldn't be extended to dishonoring our country. It's valid to protest police brutality, by the way. But find some other method to do so.

We call football players "football players."

Are Aussie Rules players called "footballers?" I've only heard it used for soccer players.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 8:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
Trump continues waging his war on non-whites

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 9:13 am

...Ezrs, believe it or not...I don't think every vaguely lefty thing is " an attempt to bring down Trump/elect Hillary "! 8O And Trumo himself injevted himself into this, bbefore s (I assume.) cheering, whooping, crowd! And, frankly, the players kneeling do see it as a racial issue. And I already pointed out CD's use of a Commonwealthism, and was mild/polite about it!

zraS"]We don't call football players "footballers". And it's not a racial issue. More straw grasping. The more frequent the desperate straw grasping, the less inclined the silent majority is going to believe stuff said against Trump.[/quote]