Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2017, 12:54 am

For those who don't know Bumble is a dating app that works just like Tinder except that when you get a match the woman has to send the first message. If she doesn't say anything within 24 hours the match disappears. The man has one extension per day to prolong a single match but that's it. So what's the problem? Nobody ever messages me. I would understand if it was any other dating site and they were just ignoring me but this is a match based app. If they weren't interested in me then why did they swipe right? Do they not know how the app works? Are they so used to the "the man has to take the initiative" tradition that it's physically impossible for them to send the first message? Anyone else have a better experience with Bumble?

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2017, 1:30 am

FunkyPunky wrote:
For those who don't know Bumble is a dating app that works just like Tinder except that when you get a match the woman has to send the first message. If she doesn't say anything within 24 hours the match disappears. The man has one extension per day to prolong a single match but that's it. So what's the problem? Nobody ever messages me. I would understand if it was any other dating site and they were just ignoring me but this is a match based app. If they weren't interested in me then why did they swipe right? Do they not know how the app works? Are they so used to the "the man has to take the initiative" tradition that it's physically impossible for them to send the first message? Anyone else have a better experience with Bumble?

Some of the dating profiles that you have contacted might actually be inactive?

That is, it's probable that some of the girls who created those profiles just haven't actually logged into their profiles in a long time.

So it's not that they rejected you - it's just that they haven't even logged into that site in a long time and so they have no clue that you have visited their profile.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:09 am

I dont know abut him but I swipe right on 99% of women, so when I get a match it's cause they just swiped right on me that day, but they never message. Logic dictates they read my profile and rejected me, or they accidentally swiped right.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:48 am

Bumble is full of fake women; the idea doesn't appeal to most women hence why they hardly have any female users.

I have made a long post proving how fake it is.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:37 am

Here my mini review from another thread:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
They all create fake female profiles to make the sex ratio looks good, they're all lying.

I have a proof that Bumble does so - Bumble claims to be the only dating app that obliges the females to initiate first; while men can't - very nice idea, I love it, except it's full of fakes.

All pictures of models with perfect tan who all work as "CEO" or "Owner" or self-employed from top universities ..... give me a break.

And despite I live in Lebanon, all profiles were from American/UK universities yet claiming to be living here....what?

Here lemme make a tour for you:

Trident Technical College graduate (as per google it's in South Carolina).....on a Private Yakht; and living in Lebanon- so believable.

University of Leeds.....but why would she be here?

Oh look, what we have here? A Hollywood version of Cleopatra and her loyal servants? And again from an American university and living in lebanon? (3rd profile in a row) What a coincidence!

Oh finally...not a graduate from abroad......but what is a "Freelance TV producer"? How a TV producer can be a freelance? Sleeping on some ocean of cash maybe?

Those are all Universities that I have never heard of in my life.

Bahahah "University of Texas" .... now suddenly my area is full of American blondes.

I mean, how can it be that all these profiles appearing in row are all coincidentally from foreign universities? Something is very odd.

Wow....another Texan smart beauty! And she's coming here to date me in a helicopter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's that? A dating profile or a wine ad? Very convincing.

Oh...she 's an owner .......I think her secretary keeps taking tanning appointments for her boss all the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :Imao: This profile looks so legit indeed.

There's no company or business called "Live Olive" here in Beirut, nor the University of Sussex.

So yeah.... I call BS.

I am not the only one noticing that in the world:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bumble/comment ... _profiles/
https://www.quora.com/Does-Bumble-App-a ... attractive

Quote:
Definitely, absurdly fake. A bunch of skinny, white, perfectly tan, super-professional ladies, that run the age gamut.

We have all these vague “CEO” “self-employed” “founder” “entrepreneur” but mostly don’t give a business name, lending zero credibility.

And I’m sorry, if so many of these people were “CEO” “Founder” they wouldn’t be chilling poolside with a perfect tan, they’d be haggard and overworked. Perhaps their personal assistant made the profile and scheduled the tanning session and the professional poolside photo shoot for them? Or horseback photo session with only professional photos, no camera phones?

I remember early on thinking, “f**k, I really need to get a DSLR and a tripod out if I want to stand any chance”.

I think the CEO/Founder in this case is just as much of a sleaze as the man she loathed and slandered. That or she’s just completely not steering the ship.

Quote:
I downloaded Bumble a few days ago and I live in Montreal. I swiped through the first dozen guys and almost all of them seemed like 8–10/10. After I matched with a few of them I paused the swiping, in an attempt to actually chat with at least 1. 24 hours later after I said hi to all 3, neither of them responded. Not to sound cocky but this has never happened to me on other dating apps (at least 1 or 2 would have replied). All of this to say that it feels like even the MALE profiles are fake……. My theory seemed even more true when I stumbled upon the profile of a male friend of mine, who laughed when I told him stating it must be a joke because he doesn't even have the app. BUMBLE seems to be a dating app with serious issues!! !

Quote:
Hey, as a woman I want to comment on this. The other day I recieved a message from a friend saying my boyfriend was on bumble. They sent me screen shots and everything. And when I confronted my boyfriend he said he never heard of bumble and I truly believe him because he's so not into social media.. he doesn't even know what reddit is. But after doing some investigation by downloading the app and seeing if I would be matched with him. I could not help but think DAMN the guys on here on HOT! But then I thought, well if someone ripped off my boyfriends facebook profile... then all of these profiles could be fake as well! Anyway, I came to the conclusion that the app makers of bumbles probably ripper his pictures from facebook and created an account and are probably doing the same for MANY others.

:lol:

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2017, 3:30 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:
Some of the dating profiles that you have contacted might actually be inactive?

That is, it's probable that some of the girls who created those profiles just haven't actually logged into their profiles in a long time.

So it's not that they rejected you - it's just that they haven't even logged into that site in a long time and so they have no clue that you have visited their profile.

That's not how these apps work. You only get to send messages to people if you both swipe right. If I swipe left and she swipes right or vice versa then w may as well be on different planets. And I've only had the app for a couple of weeks. The fact that these girl swiped right (indicating they want to talk) and then just left the match to expire doesn't make sense. I don't think Boo's right either though. These aren't supermodel ceos. In fact if I'm honest I'd say most of them are unattractive in one way or another. Tinder taught me that spammers don't waste time pretending to be normal-unattractive girls they put up pics of models wearing bikinis on the beach.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:12 pm

^^ Have you read my comments between the pics? (there's a comment above each pic explaining why this profile is 100% fake)- Most of these "women" are graduates from american/european universities which doesn't add up with where they live - which is my location - hence why proving their fakeness.

It's obvious that the Bumble's fake profiles creator (who is a Bumble staff) didn't generate fake profiles with Lebanese/Middle Eastern University names - their main audience in their minds is US and Britain, based on the university names in the profiles (which are girls supposed to be living here in Lebanon).

Tell me, how comes 99% of the profiles in my location are foreigner girls graduates from US/Britain universities such as Taxas uni and Sussex? Why are they living here? And where are the local girls?

This exposes them that these profiles are generated en mass, big time - they fill the gender gap (on the female side) with these fake profiles.

Spammers are getting smarter, I've seen bots with pics with geeky looking girls and so, they don't just rely on model pics anymore in order to make them more believable.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:32 pm

I've seen that on tender too.
Says they live here but are attending or working in say New York.

She's 2 miles away while apparently living in New York thousands of miles away lol