Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 5:20 am

Let's list comic books/magazines/ publications' first issues, by the decade, you know the drill! :P
However, the 1930s and earlier are vompulsory, as one category...But, you can list titles that started again in later decades with new first issues, IF Ihey had one! :wink:
Also, you can list a non-American title, but you sbould say what country it was published in. Ready? Okay, hereth goeseth:
Action Comics (1938)

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:07 am

"Archie" (I believe 1940 or 1941)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:37 am

...1942, actually, but thank you!
I used to have a poster repro of the cover of Archie #1 on my closet in my room ( The poster was a bonus with a 70s Archie annual.) in my home town.
Archie first appeared in an anthology title before getting his own comic book before getting his own title, as was more the pattern in the 1940s.

uote="kraftiekortie"]"Archie" (I believe 1940 or 1941)[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:42 am

...The Phantom Stranger (1952)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:00 pm

I wish we could do comic STRIPS. Then we could go back into the 1890s.

1890s: The Yellow Kid (1895)

As for comic BOOKS: Spider Man (circa 1965)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:54 pm

...Tbere wad a short-lived Yellow Kid magazine at that time, actually (I don't know much about it.), and you beat me to it, curse you!! ! I was going to use it...

kraftiekortie"]I wish we could do comic STRIPS. Then we could go back into the 1890s.

As for comic BOOKS: Spider Man (circa 1965)[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:00 pm

...Cerebus the Aardvark (1977)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 7:02 pm

...Cerebus The Aardvark (1977)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 5:39 pm

...TASM #1 was in 1963.

kraftiekortie"]I wish we could do comic STRIPS. Then we could go back into the 1890s.

As for comic BOOKS: Spider Man (circa 1965)[/quote]

NickRelson
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2018, 2:27 pm

Muppet Babies (1985)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 12:36 am

Let's " recon " this :lol: :) . From now on, the 3os and earlier are NOT compulsory, only the 1940s and after.
Okay? So, now we're up to the 1990s :D ! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 12:37 am

ASS-P wrote:
Let's " recon " this :lol: :) . From now on, the 30s and earlier are NOT compulsory, only the 1940s and after.
Okay? So, now we're up to the 1990s :D ! ! !

NickRelson
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Oct 2019, 3:05 am

Azrael (1995)

ColinLinn
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2019, 6:03 pm

JSA Classified (2005) ~ Justice Society of America spin-off :)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 10:47 am

White Lily 2017

imgilbertthefilberttheknutwithak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2020, 10:20 pm

Sensation Comics (1942)