Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:30 am

I get a lot less spam since this past summer. It seems like big spammers get shut down fairly regularly, after checking the news. I tend to worry about not getting any spam in my filter, because email providers sometimes block political messages. If I have some scams, then I know they aren't deleting them before I have a chance to look at them.

Does it seem likely that one botnet had been sending the vast majority of mail I had been getting?

That's my main question, but writing this post brought up the issue of Verizon specifically putting internet petition requests into the spam folder and immediately deleting them as a default setting. Even after I tweaked the settings, they persisted in putting my change.org petitions into the spam folder. I added them to my contacts list, and repeatedly marked the messages "not spam." The emails kept going into the spam folder, along with those from other organizations who had opposed Verizon/ALEC political goals. It seems like grounds for a lawsuit, but it would require a technically sophisticated judge.