What do you think Millennials will be like in old age?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2017, 12:13 pm

For me, I can't imagine myself and the rest of my peers being old. Elderly people today had class in their youth and they practiced morals and values. Most young people today lack morals and values and do not follow tradition. Many young people in the olden days moved out of their mom and dad's house right after high school,they were able to find a full time job and worked at that job until they retired, and they got married and had kids all by their early to mid 20s. Young people today are graduating college with an enormous amount of debt and working low paying jobs. Many millennials are either putting off marriage and children until their 30s or they are not getting married or having kids at all which is perfectly fine. Millennials have grown up with all this technology, something that older generations thought impossible. Things have changed so drastically in the last 50 and 60 years. I can't imagine what this world and young people of today will be like in the next 50 or 60 years. Back in the olden days elderly people were respected and it was a privileged status to make it to an old age. Today, getting old is viewed negatively. Elderly people today are neglected, abused, and forgotten about. There are so many different products and surgeries on the market to help you look younger. Many young people fear getting old so I can't imagine what young people today will look or act like in the next 50 or 60 years.

Last edited by MSBKyle on 23 Sep 2017, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:15 pm

They'll be lucky if they even live to old age because either a worldwide catastrophe of some kind will wipe out most of the human race, or because they lack the knowledge or self-reliance they should have learned when they still teens on how to take care of themselves in everyday life since their parents or grandparents did everything for them.

Seriously, mothers making their 15-year-old toast because they can't make something that simple themselves? Good thing I learned to make toast and pour cereal as a little kid or I would have starved to death! As a teenager I also had to make my own school lunches. And my brother and I would even cook supper because both my parents were still out working and wouldn't be back until late evening! What kind of slave-drivers were they?! :lol:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:18 pm

they'll be just fine once they've stopped rolling their eyes at their descendants who ask the same thing of themselves.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:46 pm

People probably asked the same thing about teenagers in the 60s. They were thought to be very wayward. Look at them now. That's what you millenials will be like. Just less racist.

I think you'll find that generation stayed with their parents till they got married and then moved out. Though they did marry young.

I've got to say I don't see the point of tradition for traditions sake. A lot of tradition is just mindlessly going through the motions for no other reason than 'tradition'.