Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

timf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 12:41 pm

There is a free ebook (pdf viewable on a cell phones as well) called “Aspergers - An Intentional Life” that has an interesting take on Aspergers. It describes a neurological variant and why it would result in Asperger symptoms.

http://ems-publishing.com/ebooks/atil_09_2017.pdf

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 11:33 am

Sorry the link goes no where particularly useful at the moment

timf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:29 pm

I use Firefox and the link gives me the option of opening in Adobe or "save as".

I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:39 pm

Doesn't work for me either, and I use Firefox too. Maybe it's tied to session information - the page only works if you click various links first?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:42 pm

The link is working for me! I am on Firefox too. :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:49 pm

Well, now we all know who uses ad-blockers. I just tried turning off uBlock Origin and now the link works.
:D

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 2:22 pm

SplendidSnail wrote:
Doesn't work for me either, and I use Firefox too. Maybe it's tied to session information - the page only works if you click various links first?

Well, that is, the link now works, but it's still not a PDF download. It seems to just be an information page about ems-publishing.com.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 4:57 pm

In Firefox I have the Tools - Options - Applications set to the option "always ask" for pdf files.

It may be that if someone has "save file" set, the file might be saved to some directory automatically and one would never be aware of it.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 8:36 pm

SplendidSnail wrote:
Well, now we all know who uses ad-blockers. I just tried turning off uBlock Origin and now the link works.

Worked fine for me with Adblock Plus and NoScript in Firefox. Didn't have to allow any scripts or elements that were already blocked by default. And no tracking elements were detected.

I agree to some extent with the main point the author makes, i.e. the "it's a difference not a disability" concept, but I abandoned the article after reading 8 pages. I have trouble reading work of any size unless it's well-matched to my wavelength. Maybe it'll be easier if I try again when I've got a bit more spare time.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 8:43 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
SplendidSnail wrote:

Worked fine for me with Adblock Plus and NoScript in Firefox. Didn't have to allow any scripts or elements that were already blocked by default. And no tracking elements were detected, so all in all it doesn't seem to be a nasty website. It just presented as a Web article in pdf format to read online, and there was a download button in the reader, which worked. I don't know what settings I've got, mostly they're default. I'm using Windows 10.

I agree to some extent with the main point the author makes, i.e. the "it's a difference not a disability" concept, but I abandoned the article after reading 8 pages. I have trouble reading work of any size unless it's well-matched to my wavelength. Maybe it'll be easier if I try again when I've got a bit more spare time.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 9:30 pm

The link works for me and I use Chrome. I think the booklet is a very good read and I can relate to everything in the booklet.