Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

FrankStein
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Sep 2017, 12:53 pm

Can anyone explain exactly how that happened? If it was an erotic game, should there be a prosecution? If not....

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:23 pm

SH90 wrote:

I'm going to agree that women can rape men. This woman deserves the full punishment that a male rapist would get.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 3:41 pm

FrankStein wrote:
Can anyone explain exactly how that happened?
For me, that pretty much details the foundation of the thing,
Quote:
The man said he wasn't sure why Smith wanted to meet Jan. 11, but did say he had called her "whore" on Facebook about four days before and she had recently deleted a video he had of the pair having sex.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 10:08 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
SH90 wrote:

I'm going to agree that women can rape men. This woman deserves the full punishment that a male rapist would get.

Yep, I don't care what's the gender of the victim or perpetrator. A major crime should not be pleaded down to a misdemeanor with little to no jail time.

Quote:
Ms Smith, who is now 18, faced up to life in prison, but may now avoid a prison sentence after pleading “no contest to lesser charges”.

Life in prison or plead "no contest" and skip prison! What a solid system we have :roll:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 12:28 pm

I've never liked the whole "Women can't rape men." stereotype. It runs on the archaic assumption that every man wants to have sex with every woman all the time.

Some of these men who get raped are accused of adultery. Remember when we used to do that to women?

Additionally, teenage boys who get raped are sometimes forced to pay child support. Really.

Mysterious Mr Enter Explains
VVV

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 12:36 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
SH90 wrote:

I'm going to agree that women can rape men.

They can, it's just the stereotypes that our society has that makes us think that only men can rape other beings.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 25, 2017)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 6:01 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
SH90 wrote:

I'm also going to agree that women can rape men and I also think she should get the full punishment. After all, she's not a delicate flower.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 6:26 pm

I see no difference between the sexes here. If anyone invited a detractor to come over and raped them at steak knife-point, they crossed a line. The twisted illogical way they got there becomes less relevant, since it doesn't provide a defense to taking that kind of premeditated action.

I don't even know if a man would be more likely to go over to a woman's house under the circumstances they describe. I instinctively think so, but it feels like a rush to judgment. I can't figure out why he'd go over there, and keep coming up with: he went for sex, but didn't like the way it went down, what with the threats and the steak knife. That would emphatically and incontrovertibly make it rape, no matter the sex of the offender or victim.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 7:24 pm

Sounds like there is a far more complex history behind this. Not jumping to any conclusions, the trial process is there for a reason. That's why she is "accused of", two words missing from the assumption in the thread's title.

part of the background in the link states:
"The man said he wasn't sure why Smith wanted to meet Jan. 11, but did say he had called her "whore" on Facebook about four days before and she had recently deleted a video he had of the pair having sex".

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 8:53 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

How? It's physically impossible. This is nonsense, the silly charges should be dropped, it's a complete waste of the court's time to pursue this.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 11:26 am

Lintar wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

How? It's physically impossible. This is nonsense, the silly charges should be dropped, it's a complete waste of the court's time to pursue this.

jrjones9933 wrote:
[What if] he went for sex, but didn't like the way it went down, what with the threats and the steak knife. That would emphatically and incontrovertibly make it rape, no matter the sex of the offender or victim.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 3:25 pm

Lintar wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

How is it impossible?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 3:28 pm

Lintar wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

so....she should get away with forcing someone to perform sex acts nonconsensually? :| :huh:

though it's true we don't know exactly how it went [heh] down.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 3:46 pm

Basically, we need Lintar to clarify the comment. I feel like we're all trying to withhold judgment. Also, that it ain't easy to withhold judgment about a comment like that.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 3:49 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Basically, we need Lintar to clarify the comment. I feel like we're all trying to withhold judgment. Also, that it ain't easy to withhold judgment about a comment like that.

all true :)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.