hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 12:30 am

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I'm not a media outlet, I don't have to provide links or data. It was on a Facebook link and thus lost in the millions of facebook posts that are ordered randomly. But had tweets from people saying Kim is more reasonable then trump we should have him as president.
I see people on the left defend Kim solely cause they hate trump and trump doesn't like Kim so we like kim

It was probably just spammy clickbait. You'll find people like lie about the opposition to whip up a frenzy.

It's only worth ignoring.

There could be bitter left wingers who think like that...but they aren't any worse than people who think threatening to obliterate nations is good diplomacy. That is a good way to turn the people you want to 'liberate' into enemies....but then Trump probably doesn't care about liberating the people of North Korea, to him its just a big pissing contest.

I'd think after the Iraq war something may have been learned....

We fought in Iraq to liberate them. You can't liberate people who don't want liberated. North Koreans don't want liberated. If North Korea didn't threaten to nuke us then we wouldn't have issues,sorry the only response to a threat of attack is if yiu do we will destroy yiu like Japan and Germany got in ww2.

That's a really unfair thing to say. The North Koreans are oppressed. I'm sure they'd love to live in a less horrible way. One dictator does not really speak for a whole nation.

The problem with removing dictators is that it creates a power vacuum and other crazy people seek to fill the void. As we can see this has happened in Iraq and Syria.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 2:43 am

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I'm not a media outlet, I don't have to provide links or data. It was on a Facebook link and thus lost in the millions of facebook posts that are ordered randomly. But had tweets from people saying Kim is more reasonable then trump we should have him as president.
I see people on the left defend Kim solely cause they hate trump and trump doesn't like Kim so we like kim

It was probably just spammy clickbait. You'll find people like lie about the opposition to whip up a frenzy.

It's only worth ignoring.

There could be bitter left wingers who think like that...but they aren't any worse than people who think threatening to obliterate nations is good diplomacy. That is a good way to turn the people you want to 'liberate' into enemies....but then Trump probably doesn't care about liberating the people of North Korea, to him its just a big pissing contest.

I'd think after the Iraq war something may have been learned....

We fought in Iraq to liberate them. You can't liberate people who don't want liberated. North Koreans don't want liberated. If North Korea didn't threaten to nuke us then we wouldn't have issues,sorry the only response to a threat of attack is if yiu do we will destroy yiu like Japan and Germany got in ww2.

That's a really unfair thing to say. The North Koreans are oppressed. I'm sure they'd love to live in a less horrible way. One dictator does not really speak for a whole nation.

The problem with removing dictators is that it creates a power vacuum and other crazy people seek to fill the void. As we can see this has happened in Iraq and Syria.

About as oppressed as the Japanese were pre end of ww2. I have no doubt a majority support and believe Kim, we are talking about generations of brainwashing by schools there. They have no outside contact. They only know what their government has told them for 60-70 years. Look how fast the nazis turned people. Look at the hitler youth and other child organizations now ad 70 years. As far as I know the only ones with contact outside North Korea were the factory workers even their interactions were controlled. Turorist aren't allowed to talk to North Korean citizens. So all they know is we the west are horrible people set on world conquest and all that stands between them and being slaughtered is kim and his government.

Are there probably some who don't believe, yeah, but how many are left after 70 years of cleansing non believers. The Japanese were prepared to fight to the last child for their god emperor, no doubt the North Koreans will too. It's completely crazy situation that never should have been allowed to happen. The Chinese should have removed the grandfather as soon as he started the I'm a god born from the mouthing worship me nonsense, but they were and are too caught up in the communism vs capitalism domino effect theory. They put up with a mad man as long as he gives them a buffer zone from the west. Just like we supported Evil dictators as long as they were anti soviet.

Sadly war is the only solution to this problem unless kim dies suddenly before having kids, I believe he killed off most his own family. So it'd leave a gap in which maybe people could wake up themselves.

On another note, I'm curious how they explain their gods death. Gods don't die. But his grandfather died, and his father died. They have statues to remember them and holidays.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 9:34 am

But to say that liberals "appease" Kim is patently ridiculous.....why even say that?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 12:20 am

Trump is dealing with North Korea incorrectly.

The correct way to deal with North Korea is simple: Place a trade embargo on China. China will decay. North Korea will also decay because they are funded by China.

Of course, that would be bad for big business. That's why it has never been tried.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:33 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

The correct way to deal with North Korea is simple: Place a trade embargo on China. China will decay. North Korea will also decay because they are funded by China.

Of course, that would be bad for big business. That's why it has never been tried.

A true Trade embargo on china will kill America. Most our tariff and lot of food is made in china. So no more clothes, cheap food, electronics, tonite paper, on and on. We'd ground to a halt. How long can you go without toilet paper? China meanwhile will continue to sell to the rest of the world , they make up the loss or cut costs. Oh and hey just call on all our debt at once, crash the us economy and desotry the dollars worth, Russia will back them, Europe will too unless they want to freeze to death without Russia's gas. China and Russia are already slowly working in devauluing the dollar and creating a new world currency. Not to mention trade with china is likely the only thing keeping them from attacking us. They hate us, less then North Korea sure, but they hate us. They threaten to destroy our ships all the time. Let's not piss of a nation with 3 billion people.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
But to say that liberals "appease" Kim is patently ridiculous.....why even say that?

Obama literally appeased him by giving him millions if not billions. Which has been democrats policy towards North Korea. Give themmmoney and they say they'll stop making nukes, but it's never worked, in fact I bet they put all that aid(bribe money) into building nukes. We likley funded the nukes now pointed at us. If I was president I'd make it illegal to ever aid North Korea or iran or any other nation that's made threats against us. It's like paying a serial killer or the burglar. They hate use they want ever last American dead, why do we keep giving money to people who want to kills us.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:57 am

sly279 wrote:

Unfortunately I don't find that difficult to believe.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 8:50 am

What do you think Bush did? Did he play these schoolyard games with Dear Leader?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 8:52 am

China has about 1.4 billion people.

I believe previous Presidents did sensible things, and sought to help out the North Korean PEOPLE.

Right now, Trump is playing schoolyard games, to the detriment of our image around the world.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 10:03 am

sly279 wrote:
A true Trade embargo on china will kill America. Most our tariff and lot of food is made in china. So no more clothes, cheap food, electronics, tonite paper, on and on. We'd ground to a halt. How long can you go without toilet paper?

We can make all that stuff ourselves. After all, lots of people in the West are desperate for a job right now.

Quote:
China meanwhile will continue to sell to the rest of the world , they make up the loss or cut costs.

The West must work as a team on this or else it won't work. This won't be hard, since there isn't much animosity between Western countries nowadays. Quite a few people nowadays talk about "Western values" instead of "American values", "English values" or whatever.

The West should work as a team more often. It's an important step towards the ultimate goal of global teamwork.

Quote:
Oh and hey just call on all our debt at once, crash the us economy and desotry the dollars worth, Russia will back them, Europe will too unless they want to freeze to death without Russia's gas.

The debt crisis can be solved by ending corporate subsidies and taxing the living Hell out of the richest people on the planet. If the West works together on this (which IS plausible due to the growth of the internet) they will have nowhere to run or hide.

The energy crisis can be solved using alternative forms of energy.

Quote:
China and Russia are already slowly working in devauluing the dollar and creating a new world currency.

A "new world currency" wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. As long as the poor are still receiving necessary resources, we're fine.

This will require direct populist action.

Quote:
Not to mention trade with china is likely the only thing keeping them from attacking us.

This is pretty paranoid.

Without our money, China will be put in a state of crisis. China is currently on the verge of a populist uprising. Cutting off the cash flow might tip them over the edge and bring about Chinese democracy. When this happens, the Chinese people will probably thank us and China will be permanently rendered harmless.

Quote:
They hate us, less then North Korea sure, but they hate us. They threaten to destroy our ships all the time. Let's not piss of a nation with 3 billion people.

China is a fragile dictatorship which is only barely holding back a democratic uprising.

This democratic uprising isn't happening largely because Western megacorps won't stop funding the Chinese government. They do this so that they can use Chinese orphans as a source of cheap labor.

This is a fragile house of cards. American Social democracy will topple the whole thing.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 11:05 am

So you don't like the fact that Bush and Clinton and basically every American pol of both parties favored "appeasing" the Nork dictarship, as opposed to some other course of action.

So what is this other course of action? What is your better idea?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 4:38 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
So you don't like the fact that Bush and Clinton and basically every American pol of both parties favored "appeasing" the Nork dictarship, as opposed to some other course of action.

So what is this other course of action? What is your better idea?

No aid no communication. If they start something we end it period. The whole wolrd should just cut North Korea off. Would you pay someone to hit you over and over? That's what we've done over the past 70 years.

Quite frankly we are 17trillion in debt and millions of Americans are starving and freezing in the street. I'd cut every non disaster aid to any country until we got our house in order. Much like on a plane you put your mask on first before helping others out theirs on. But we definitely should aid nation that want to kill us all.

War in Korea is coming all the left does is push it down the road and make that eventual war worse. Every day every year every aid makes North Korea military stronger and more dangerous

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 4:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
China has about 1.4 billion people.

I believe previous Presidents did sensible things, and sought to help out the North Korean PEOPLE.

Right now, Trump is playing schoolyard games, to the detriment of our image around the world.

Clinton gave them money to stop and never make nukes
They make nukes
So Obama did the same deal and low and surprise they violated it again and make more nukes.

We have butler land and he said he'd stop then he did it again so we gave him more land.

History is repeating its self. I wouldn't be surprised if post Korea war we find out Kim has death camps and has been killing millions of people this whole time. He won't stop no amount of deals or bribes will stop him. Know what would stopped the holocaust and saved millions? If we'd just said no hitler you can't have Cecil and went to war. The German military at that point was weak and small. The people were anti war, the German military leadership was anti hitler and anti war. The war probably would've been less then a year in length. Instead people appeased hitler over and over and look what we got. Now you all want to do the same with Kim, and he just keeps breaking every single agreement you make, like hitler these agreements are worth as much as the paper they writin on. Kim doesn't care about treaties or agreements he has no honor. Kim cares about Kim and his power nothing less. He wants a unified Korea under his control nothing less. No amount of money will make that go away.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:11 pm

sly279 wrote:
Why? And now a few of them are saying they'd want him as our leader.

As this is the first I'm reading of it, I suspect the notion has limited legitimate support. "The Left" is more than a little misleading. I suggest a change of title is in order.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 9:27 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

The USA doing a trade embargo on China. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's rich.

That would destroy the USA faster than it would hurt China.

Tell us all some more jokes.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 9:36 pm

sly279 wrote:
I'm not a media outlet, I don't have to provide links or data.

And what do we call it when someone irresponsibly and persistently fails to check their sources?