What are you watching on Youtube right now?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 8:08 pm

Earlier today I discovered a bunch of videos where people put clips of Spongebob episodes together and compared them to various other things, like Disney animation, video games, countries and even religion. I'm not really a fan of Spongebob but it was pretty interesting. There sure are some weird things on Youtube. :)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 12:02 pm

Last night I watched a bunch of clips of really racy and dirty joke moments from Golden Age cartoons. :lol: :oops:
Even Disney was not above it.

For example, there was one that showed a bunch of beavers in something like a nature documentary, and the narrator says that they are about to start damming the river. And then the beavers run over and and start swearing angrily at the river, although you can't hear them and the words "blankety blank" are shown.

Another one was in a Droopy Dog cartoon that takes place in a bar in Alaska, I think. A big, surly bartender is standing in front of a painting of a naked lady, obscuring her torso. He tells the viewer that he's been instructed not to move away from it during the whole cartoon. Later however, there's a big bar fight and he runs away. The nude lady's midsection is missing completely, and replaced with a sign saying "I ain't got no body".

Betty Boop. Oh my goodness gracious, Betty Boop. In one (in)famous scene she's hula dancing, wearing a grass skirt and a lei. But the lei is the only thing covering up her *ahem* chest area. But they apparently couldn't censor this scene later without taking out a major part of the cartoon.

The funny thing is, when I was a kid and the VCR had just recently been invented, my mom and I would often rent videos of classic cartoon shorts during weekends and holidays, and I saw a number of the same cartoons that were uncensored while Saturday mornings they wouldn't dare show such lewdness on TV, at least until the 1990's, thanks to things like The Hays Code and the Animation Age Ghetto. I heard that these days, however, DVDs of many Golden Age cartoons come with some stupid unskippable disclaimer about their political incorrectness. As if that would change society's attitude or beliefs in anything. :roll: