What do you think about non-traditional work?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 4:30 pm

I have started 2-year college courses, it looks like I won't be actively looking at my first real paid work until I get finished with it. I know that the person in charge of my campus' specific program for students with developmental disabilities is looking into us doing job shadowing (I don't have an idea about specific places I want to work yet), but I think those are unpaid.

Does anyone know where I can learn any kind of good skills and finding/tips on non-traditional work? I don't need to make a lot of money at this point by independent living standards, but I do want to earn myself for the stuff I want to buy.

My location is also part of the former industrial belt, which is around MI/OH/PA/NY/WV/etc, USA. The region growth had remained stagnant since the 80s, and there isn't really any big industry here like there used to be. The poverty level paints a pretty bad picture, and people my age are looking to move somewhere else.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
I have started 2-year college courses, it looks like I won't be actively looking at my first real paid work until I get finished with it. I know that the person in charge of my campus' specific program for students with developmental disabilities is looking into us doing job shadowing (I don't have an idea about specific places I want to work yet), but I think those are unpaid.

Does anyone know where I can learn any kind of good skills and finding/tips on non-traditional work? I don't need to make a lot of money at this point by independent living standards, but I do want to earn myself for the stuff I want to buy.

My location is also part of the former industrial belt, which is around MI/OH/PA/NY/WV/etc, USA. The region growth had remained stagnant since the 80s, and there isn't really any big industry here like there used to be. The poverty level paints a pretty bad picture, and people my age are looking to move somewhere else.

If you don't need a lot of money then you might look into stocking shelves on the night crew at the market.
If you drive, then pizza delivery.